The SARPBC Community is Full of Scum (Almi's Return!)

Any and all discussion relating to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars.

The SARPBC Community is Full of Scum (Almi's Return!)

Postby ollyp23 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:53 am

I don't usually complain about this sort of stuff. Hell, I don't even usually get this mad over it. But this pissed me off so much. I was playing 1v1, and I came across an OBVIOUS alternate account - SARPBC_Sam. (I don't care if we can't name and shame on this forum, it's a stupid rule. I have a massive blacklist of people.) Some of you may know of him already, he's got a decent 1v1 rating and he's about 52nd in the 1v1 rankings. I was beating him 7 - 1, and at about 2:15, he quit. I found it hilarious. Not only did this guy make an alt account to hide his (probably lame) real identity, and flood the leaderboards with a stupid alt account with an extremely unwitty name. I mean, SARPBC_Sam? Seriously? Is that the best you can come up with? Go back to English class.

Anyway, after laughing that off, then realising I wouldn't get points from beating someone as high ranked as him cause he quit. (I don't even care that much about points, but it's nice to get a chunk of points from beating someone higher up.) I simply went back to playing 1v1. Hoping to encounter him again and beat him twice as hard. Cause he deserved it. But, this time, I came across a monstrosity far worse than SARPBC_Sam...

...SARPBC-ALMI.

The connection was decent. It was flickering between yellow and green. Slight lag, but tolerable. He scored a cheap goal, being the foreigner that he is. But I pulled it back to 1 - 1, then eventually improved and scored 2 more. 3 - 1. He had the audacity to join the chat, and say one of my goals was nice. About a quarter way into the game, with me 3 - 1 ahead, the connection MYSTERIOUSLY went to straight red. He scored a goal and simply said "lag", but he clearly knew he was the one behind it. He then scored a few more, and at 5 - 3 to him, the connection suddenly got better again. I then pulled back 2 goals and got it back on level terms again. Now we're in the dying seconds of the game, and the connection goes straight red again. He scores possibly the laggiest goal in the history of this game, and claims the "win".

Needless to say, I exploded at him in the chat. I was so frustrated at this guy, he was higher up than SARPBC_Sam, a win would give me a healthy amount of points. After my short explosion at him, his reply(s) were:
"im diego"
":)"
"YOU NOOB"

Then he left. Worthless piece of shit. So, not only is he an alternate account, shamed of his real identity or wanting total domination of the leaderboards (whatever the hell that gets you.) he's a lagswitcher, which is the only reason he's high up on the leaderboards, and he also has the cheek to call me a noob. When, he's clearly the one with no skill whatsoever. Now, you're asking "Lol, y u so mad at this Olly?"
"lol why is olly so mad?". Because, this has happened to me countless times, and every single time, I get on with it. I do nothing about it. But I'm sick and tired of this guy. SARPBC-ALMI. I'm calling this guy out. Psyonix, is there nothing you can do about this guy? Other members, have you encountered this guy? If so, what happened? Does anyone know his main account? This player deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered. It's players like this that actually put me off SARPBC. Right now, I don't wanna touch this game. It's people like these that are the cancer of the SARPBC community. They're killing this game. This game is doing bad enough in numbers as it is, we don't need pathetic cheaters like this adding to it.

All I want to do is play a normal 1v1, where no one quits, where the connection isn't manually tampered with, where it's an evenly-fought game and the best player wins. Not an alternate account, not a cheater, not a fucking faggot. I'm seriously pissed off with this guy at the moment. I'm expecting to be a majority of the replies to be "get over it". I know, it's incredibly ironic me making a post like this. But I've seriously had so much of this shit, and I'm close to breaking point with this game. I just wish Psyonix would do more about lagswitchers, cheaters and alternate accounts. But what's worse is people who STILL lagswitch on this game. I mean, what are you gaining from it? How old is this game now? Why are people still taking the leaderboards so seriously.

I just wish it could still be like the past. Where I could look at the leaderboards and see a fair representation of who's good in this community. Not see it flooded with SARPBC-CUNT or NoobPonDem or xXImToOgUuD4uXx or whatever these fucking French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, English whatever alts are called. The community is already dying, we don't need these people adding to it. I seriously hope this guy gets banned, or points taken off him, or whatever you can do in your power to stop him. I never want to see SARPBC-ALMI in a chat again, I don't want to see him on the leaderboards. I don't want anyone to suffer the pain of actually enduring a game against him. I don't want to see him at all. I'm sick of him.

I'm so pissed off right now. Sorry. I had to let my rage out somewhere. Blame Cole for this, he told me to let it out in a topic on the forum. I'm just tired of seeing this cancer on the game. This game used to be fun. It still is, just not as much as it used to be. The first things that come into my head when I think of SARPBC nowadays is "laggers, cheaters, insults". It's depressing. But, Jesus Christ. This game isn't even that big, and is 3 years or so old. Why do people still take it so seriously?

Now, all we need is Aiden to put this thread down. Thomo to come in with a 4chan reaction image/joke. DigDog to write a sentence with every piece of punctuation in the world to make it look more clever. Eriquo to say something witty. Jada to be 12. Jfpt/Jlfr/Woody to spam memes in the wrong context. Shogun to try and sound intellectual. Sean to try and break this into an astral projection discussion thread. Mye to attempt to sound funny by sounding like a foreigner for the 1000th time. Fysho to reply seriously. Aceofspaze to write something autistic. And the rest of the forum to dick around. Sorry if I missed you out, probably for the best. If you really want me to include you, just ask.

tl;dr: Yes, I'm angry.

Update, 7/7/2012: Almi's return!

Last edited by ollyp23 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:that detailing in the hat <3 <3 <3
ollyp23
Ryanistic
Ryanistic

PSN ID: ollyp23
Region: EU

Re: The SARPBC Community is Full of Scum

Postby Fysho on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 pm

The only advice I can give when stuff like that happens is to go offline and play Time Warp, GTA IV or whatever calms you down (Time Warp is actually pretty good at that). There's not really anything anyone can do about the cheaters and they'll always be there. Hopefully CM2 will restore some of your faith in the community when that comes around...

There's not really anything more I can say.
coolcole93 wrote:Well, it's been a great run and a hell of a lot of fun, but it's now time for me to say goodbye
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:26 pm

ollyp23 wrote:
Now, all we need is Aiden to put this thread down. Thomo to come in with a 4chan reaction image/joke. DigDog to write a sentence with every piece of punctuation in the world to make it look more clever. Eriquo to say something witty. Jada to be 12. Jfpt/Jlfr/Woody to spam memes in the wrong context. Shogun to try and sound intellectual. Sean to try and break this into an astral projection discussion thread. Mye to attempt to sound funny by sounding like a foreigner for the 1000th time. Fysho to reply seriously. Aceofspaze to write something autistic. And the rest of the forum to dick around. Sorry if I missed you out, probably for the best. If you really want me to include you, just ask.

tl;dr: Yes, I'm angry.

lol you bastard.. pleaase fysh, or anyone with the ability to lock threads,(dont) this stuff needs to be discussed its pissed me off in the past, and im completely on ollys side here, but when i was complaining i had about -30 rep and people were complaining about me anyway, but yeah this was a good read :lol: and honestly we actually all need to talk about this because i feel ollys anger

edit i feel like psyonix are the illuminati in this subject because they seem to dodge it (in my experience on the forum ive never seen one word said about laggers from pysonix, im sure they have, just havent seen it)
Last edited by SeanNolan5 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

PSN ID: SeanNolan5

Postby WrongWayWoody on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:26 pm

You jelly.
*runs*
protagonist1 wrote:Mr. Woody sir. :mrgreen:

Psyonix-Jerad wrote: It is coming, and when it's here, it will be worth the wait.

WrongWayWoody wrote: Only saddoes quote themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NedNunn?feature=mhee
WrongWayWoody
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative

PSN ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Steam ID: Wrong_Way_Woody
Region: EU & US

Postby Cougar on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:40 pm

No, I played a lagswitcher once with the laggiest goal ever. The guy hit the ball over my goal on kickoff, and I stayed back. He suddenly charges at me, knocks me back into the goal, and the ball simultaneously begins speeding toward my goal from the middle of the map, as if he hit it. So by lagswitching, he was able to be in two places at once.

Another guy was able to trigger the ball bounce glitch at will. I still have the replay, will upload it, but the glitch happened 4 times in the same game. It was no coincidence; all my would-be goals kept getting killed by the glitch, and shots I was defending would magically bounce over my head. Green connection, too. Even my final goal in overtime to win was BARELY in because it glitches right before it went in. It is annoying, but that's life, I suppose.

Also Olly, SARPBC_Sam is in the World Cup. You may rage harder now.
Cougar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: TheCougar44
Steam ID: CougarsGonnaCoug
Region: Both

Postby CbodHotRod on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Olly just unwind with some music. I know that will help.
CbodHotRod
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: CBodHotRod
Region: Colorado >> Japan

Postby Fysho on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:15 pm

CbodHotRod wrote:Olly just unwind with some music. I know that will help.

coolcole93 wrote:Well, it's been a great run and a hell of a lot of fun, but it's now time for me to say goodbye
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Postby Fenrir12 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:15 pm

I feel your pain, I'm just surprised you didn't break with ranked earlier.
The only way to have meaningful reliably fair competitive games is to get your fill through tournaments. At the moment they aren't frequent enough, but maybe that will change soon.

We know there are friendly people in the community, and if you find them the game is still fun.
Incidently I had a mini session with ELMP, Beans and Sfex last night, and ELMP was absolutely on fire. It was incredible to watch, and was up there with the best SARP I've ever been involved in.
RIP Cattle Bars: 169 Wins, 40 Losses. Top 5 in EU for a very long time.
Fenrir12

PSN ID: Fenrir12

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Fysho wrote:
CbodHotRod wrote:Olly just unwind with some music. I know that will help.

oh my god that is beautiful
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Code: Select all
SARPBC-ALMI
ELO_RATING_RANKED_1V1 [int] = 1000
ELO_RATING_RANKED_2V2 [int] = 991
ELO_RATING_RANKED_3V3 [int] = 1000
ELO_RATING_RANKED_4V4 [int] = 1000

He is pretty clearly a cheater. Merry Christmas.
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Postby Fysho on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:
SARPBC-ALMI

Not sure if you reset his rankings...

... or if you're being sarcastic
Or some third thing.

SeanNolan5 wrote:oh my god that is beautiful

:cheesygrin: And to think it was made back in '96.
Fysho
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP
ROCKETLEAGUEHYP

Postby AndreFF on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Include me please.joke
AndreFF
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Andre_FF
Steam ID: Anduru

Postby ollyp23 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Fysho wrote:
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:
SARPBC-ALMI

Not sure if you reset his rankings...

... or if you're being sarcastic
Or some third thing.

Just checked. He isn't where he used to be on the leaderboards. I think he did. Thank you, Jerad! Justice after all. :yaypsyonix:
Atomic Man
oneill_clan wrote:that detailing in the hat <3 <3 <3
ollyp23
Ryanistic
Ryanistic

PSN ID: ollyp23

Postby JadaSki on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:45 pm

I am 12 and what is this?
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We're going to have a slumber party to watch it in our jammies.
JadaSki
Fully Garrulous
Fully Garrulous

PSN ID: PlutoniumFalcon
Region: USA

Postby gazamikk on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Sfex3Champion is also the same stupid alt.....
gazamikk
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: GaryM94

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:02 pm

JUSTICE.
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:17 pm

jerad im so proud of you i mean im so glad your doing this, i thought you didnt give a damn
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby coolcole93 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Nice work, Jerad.

Now all we need is Aceofspaze to write something autistic and the prophecy will have been fulfilled.
:yaypsyonix: Image :yaypsyonix:
coolcole93
???????????
???????????

PSN ID: coolcole93
Steam ID: [VNP]Cole93

Postby sarpbcIScrack on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:09 pm

you saved the day! :yaypsyonix:
Jeal79 is the shiznit!

Fizzit wrote:Yeah hehe :D Hahahah yep
sarpbcIScrack
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: PhillyPhils08
Steam ID: PhillyPhils08

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:13 pm

oh my god ollys going to be so chuffed

i remember being mad at someone for cheating. if only.
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Next

Return to General Discussion