Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Postby Skitigdread on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 am

So, I discovered I can play during night-early morning, sometimes all the way to lunchtime, without or with minor issues. My ping is lower and stable and mostly it runs smoothly (I have a 100/10 connection btw so my issues arent because of that).

Today for an exception I could play longer, until about 14.30. Then like a switch turned on every game after a certain point began to lag and warp and become unplayable. Is this due to faulty servers? Do you have rotational daytime and nighttime servers and the daytime ones are over-worked? Does something change at this certain time? It seemed very odd that it just turned on like that and stayed that way for every game after that. I played maybe 30 games tonight~ and all of a sudden every game went unplayable (I tried about 7 before I gave up I think).

EU and PC
Skitigdread
Supersonic

Postby Skitigdread on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Skitigdread wrote:So, I discovered I can play during night-early morning, sometimes all the way to lunchtime, without or with minor issues. My ping is lower and stable and mostly it runs smoothly (I have a 100/10 connection btw so my issues arent because of that).

Today for an exception I could play longer, until about 14.30. Then like a switch turned on every game after a certain point began to lag and warp and become unplayable. Is this due to faulty servers? Do you have rotational daytime and nighttime servers and the daytime ones are over-worked? Does something change at this certain time? It seemed very odd that it just turned on like that and stayed that way for every game after that. I played maybe 30 games tonight~ and all of a sudden every game went unplayable (I tried about 7 before I gave up I think).

EU and PC

Could someone from Psyonix tell me if there is such a thing as rotational day and night servers and in that case what times they change? Then I will atleast know when I can play and not. :)
Skitigdread
Supersonic

Postby SoioHero on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Can psyonix just fix the issue and not worry about the 2 new cars comming out. It’s annoing that some of us don’t get to play while others get to play and unlock stuff
SoioHero
Supersonic

GamerTag: SoIo Hero

Postby hexplosive15 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Yeah this is complete BS iv'e never crashed this much ever until now... I use to be able to play 5-6 games now its crashing every second..I even tried going into my other account to play rocket league i have zero friends and im a level one and seemed fine until I hit the wheels section of the garage and computer crashes and reboots its self for the 1000th time my patience is wearing thin.. they need to explain why its only happening to some ppl and not to others. my other friend can play hours upon hours but me.... I cant play a single game without my comp crashing on me!! GET IT FIXED
hexplosive15
Supersonic

Steam ID: Avenged0806
Region: Us

Postby SoioHero on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:28 am

Yes and compensation would be cool to please
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby KingpinRL on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:27 am

My game is crashing when i do a different trail on my car , all my season 4 trails are gone. Wtf is this can someone help me?
KingpinRL
Supersonic

Steam ID: 76561198281924273

Postby hexplosive15 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:59 am

I will take a Free White Octane please for my troubles lmao :P Use to play 20+ games a day I have 1.320 hours in now I cant even get the game to run for a full hour without 10 Crashes and I don't mean crashes like takes me back to desktop.. I mean like whole computer shuts down makes rocket league save files to corrupt have to do new save cause retrying to get my save back does no good and redo all of my camera setting, Keybindings pretty much 4-10 times it crashes..
hexplosive15
Supersonic

Steam ID: Avenged0806
Region: Us

Postby SoioHero on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:10 am

Yes it completely reboots my Xbox one like I can’t just go back to the dashboard and play another game it goes back to the hard reset screen. And I was talking about a few of the new crates. Although I don’t really wanna wait 2 weeks to play this game then drop 20$ on keys for a game I couldn’t play
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby SoioHero on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:14 am

Oh boy do I love coming home from work 15 days after the update came out just to find my self not able to play it. Psyonix you out did your self with this update. Woo! Keep the good time rollin
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:39 pm

I've started using my brothers's account to play RL, because I've been kept waiting far too long, and I feel guilty as a result. Why? Because I've effectively become that which I hate most - a smurf. Smurfing, IMO, is a form of cheating that only serves to ruin the game for other, lesser-experienced players and that drives them away from the game. So, Psyonix, I ask you - why must you force me to undergo such self-loathing measures to enjoy your broken game?

Fix it!
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby chucklepie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:02 am

Half a dozen crashes on my PS4 so far.

'AI' showing for playerss icons in half of my games.

Severe lag in about a third of my games.

All since the patch.
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SoioHero on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm

You have to delete all of your friends. No bullshit. I swear to you
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm

I believe you, SoioHero, it's just not practical for me (or for others) to do, since we have so many friends (generally numbering in the hundreds) - by the time it takes me to remove each friend and write down all of their gamertags, and then re-add them after the fact, the fix will have been made. It's simply not worth doing, unless you have a small friends list.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SoioHero on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Bro I had 618 it took me 2 hours but I used the phone app
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby SoioHero on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Just re add the ones you play with. Now way u play with all “hundreds” of them
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Caerridwen on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Please fix this, I am crashing time after time again. I've crashed and thrown away at least 10 games, I try to reconnect and it crashes again and bans me for 15mins.. aargh the frustration!
Caerridwen
Supersonic

Region: United States

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 pm

SoioHero wrote:Just re add the ones you play with. Now way u play with all “hundreds” of them

Okay, so I decided that you were right, and have purged my FL. I can also confirm that doing so really does fix the issue. It took me 45 minutes to do. I have a list of ~65 friends, give or take a few, that I'll be re-adding. If those friends re-break the game, I'll be sure to post about it here.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SoioHero on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Ya sure. I added 35 back and I’m golden
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby SoioHero on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:47 am

Yo fuck psyonix 16 days and 618 deleted friends alter and I got the Xbox to work from forums advice. I asked for compensation for rocket league forcing us to download to update and then not allowing us to play and they told me no. When I know that they take people’s things or grant stuff if the game glitches up.
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 pm

While I've fixed the issue with the removal of my friends list, many of my friends have not, and refuse to, so it's upsetting to find out that the 1.38 update still has not resolved the issue.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion