Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Re: Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Postby Galactic Geek on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Day 6 and nada...

Tell me - why is this crashing affecting some, but not others, on XB1, despite all of us getting the same update? That, to me, makes no sense. I think if you start looking for the differences there, then you'll start finding answers...
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Galactic Geek on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:55 pm

Hooray for small miracles!

If you're on XB1 and experiencing crashes with a loud and annoying repetive sound, I have discovered that if you turn off all of the game's music by disabling the various menu music playlists, then you'll get an entirely silent crash instead!

Woohoo!
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SoioHero on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:30 pm

It’s atill happening to me on Xbox. I can play on my alternate account but not on my main I can’t even transfer my things. If I could move my stuff I would just start new. Can psyonix just move my. Ings or take my banners off please. It’s beem like 6 Days now this blows. Xbox one Soio Hero.

My game goes to join a game then gives me error 67 and when I press the cancel search button it freezes and crashes
SoioHero
Supersonic

GamerTag: SoIo Hero

Postby Rufmeister on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:35 pm

SoioHero wrote:It’s atill happening to me on Xbox. I can play on my alternate account but not on my main I can’t even transfer my things. If I could move my stuff I would just start new. Can psyonix just move my. Ings or take my banners off please. It’s beem like 6 Days now this blows. Xbox one Soio Hero.

My game goes to join a game then gives me error 67 and when I press the cancel search button it freezes and crashes

Profile related crashes on Xbox One as well as the demolition crashes are the main focus for Psyonix right now. It may be taking a while, but they are trying to make sure they can solve all of these issues, so after a hotfix comes, everyone can finally play and run the game smoothly with no issues.
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Rufmeister wrote:Profile related crashes on Xbox One as well as the demolition crashes are the main focus for Psyonix right now. It may be taking a while, but they are trying to make sure they can solve all of these issues, so after a hotfix comes, everyone can finally play and run the game smoothly with no issues.

In other words, "keep dreaming" is the message I'm getting, because while it's nice to know what they're focusing on, neither of those sound like they address the specific bug that's crashing during the menus or startup of matches on the XB1...

Also, before I forget, in about 5 minutes, it'll be day 7...

...that's a full week with absolutely no Rocket League. Thanks! *he says, seething with disappointed sarcasm*
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SoioHero on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:04 pm

I just hope the issue gets solved soon so I can play the update and earn rewards. A couple of crates would be cool for compensation for not Beimg able to play the last few days
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:07 am

SoioHero wrote:I just hope the issue gets solved soon so I can play the update and earn rewards. A couple of crates would be cool for compensation for not Being able to play the last few days

Agreed - with "soon" being the operative word.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Kendo1032 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Pissed this sucks and it's a blatant charge to the morality of a company that will take almost two thousand dollars from someone but won't send a sorry you can't play the game or get your inventory but we are working on it.Error 67 !!!I wanna scream at someone just as well i can find no contact info.Havent played since update.Ca nt play can't trade can't even invite to a lobby to get inventory.Not one word from psyonicepppppsyonics. Tip fu##@^# Top. Xbox gt bulletprufjesus. Love Kenneth Harmon
Kendo1032
Supersonic

GamerTag: bulletprufjesus
Region: both

Postby SoioHero on Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:53 pm

Cool psyonix good to know that 2 new battle cars are comming out soon but some of us can’t even play your game still. But the patch is on the way right
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm going to assume that the fix will come before or with the 2 new battlecars - I'd prefer the former, but can accept the latter. Any later than that though, and Psyonix will have a riot on their hands - I'll be the 1 personally handing out the torches and pitchforks...

It's about to be a week +1, Psyonix - Kendo1032 is right; you owe us an apology.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby SoioHero on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:37 am

I agree
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby palay on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 am

Hi,

i have problems after the update. My game always crash and is unplayable. It doesnt matter when or where. Sometimes after 30sec, sometimes after 1hour. In loading screen, menu or ingame. I updated all my drivers and installed the game again but it doesnt help. Im playing on pc. It really sucks. Where is the problem? Because all other games run perfectly on my pc and i only have crashes with rocket league.
palay
Supersonic

Postby Sivzz on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:10 am

I'm on Xbox one and I'm still crashing non stop, it searches for a match I get error 67 over and over and if I cancel the que I freeze or if I do happen to get into a game in freezes instantly before I can even play, but it's weird because I switch over to my smurf and I can play just fine.
Sivzz
Supersonic

GamerTag: Sivzz

Postby SoioHero on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:44 pm

I’m the same way I switch to another account and it will let me play
SoioHero
Supersonic

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:55 pm

Okay, so someone in another thread said that removing everyone from your friends list solved the issue for them. If that's true, then great, but it's not practical for most people.

However, it reminded me that, in Killer Instinct, a similar issue had occurred - I couldn't play the game for a very long time (over a month) and the devs discovered that it was an issue with certain friends being high up on the leaderboards. To circumvent the issue, all you had to do was remove certain friends of a certain high level temporarily. If you didn't have those high level friends to begin with, you never had the issue. I think this might be related to XBL and/or leaderboards directly, and should be forwarded to Psyonix for a closer look, maybe even having them go as far as contacting the Killer Instict devs, over at Iron Galaxy, to see how they resolved their issue, if it is in fact, the same 1.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Rufmeister on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:Okay, so someone in another thread said that removing everyone from your friends list solved the issue for them. If that's true, then great, but it's not practical for most people.

However, it reminded me that, in Killer Instinct, a similar issue had occurred - I couldn't play the game for a very long time (over a month) and the devs discovered that it was an issue with certain friends being high up on the leaderboards. To circumvent the issue, all you had to do was remove certain friends of a certain high level temporarily. If you didn't have those high level friends to begin with, you never had the issue. I think this might be related to XBL and/or leaderboards directly, and should be forwarded to Psyonix for a closer look, maybe even having them go as far as contacting the Killer Instict devs, over at Iron Galaxy, to see how they resolved their issue, if it is in fact, the same 1.

Quoting your post and adding it to my thread, great find!
Rufmeister

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm

I just borrowed my brother's account, who doesn't play RL or have any friends that do, and it worked just fine - while not necessarily concrete, it does support my theory.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Sivzz on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:28 pm

That's also make sense why my smurf would work, I do have friends in the top 100 on the leader board
Sivzz
Supersonic

GamerTag: Sivzz

Postby Rufmeister on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 pm

Sivzz wrote:That's also make sense why my smurf would work, I do have friends in the top 100 on the leader board

It's quite odd, I wonder what these profiles have to do with crashing.
Rufmeister

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:54 pm

I have looked at the league rankings of all of my friends across all leaderboards, and removed them (by rank) from my friends list. I started with the highest ranks, and worked all of the way down through bronze, checking to see if the game would crash between each tier.

The sad news is, after 24 friends, and with nobody on my friends list left officially ranked (bronze and above) on the leaderboards, the game still crashes. This leads me to believe my original theory might not be correct after all.

That said, the next step is to remove all of my friends who have ever played Rocket League - and that, for me, is a monumental task (70+ more friends) - but it might still give us answers. I've been writing my friends gamertags down as I go, so I can re-add them later, but I don't think that I have the patience or drive to keep going at this point - I'm going to re-add the initial 24, then call it a night.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion