Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 am

Hello everyone.

It has come to all of our attention that many users are experiencing crashes after updating to the new Autumn Update (as well as the 25mb hotfix that came shortly after). Currently, Psyonix is aware of this issue and is working to fix it. Hopefully, Psyonix will have a solution in the near future for this.

Please use this thread to post reproduction steps, logs, or any other pieces of useful information so we can share it with Psyonix.

Thank you for everyone's patience and understanding!

Rufmeister
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Are You Crashing After The New Update? READ THIS!

Postby Dirkened on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Due to stability issues on some platforms, we are disabling Season 4 Reward Trails until a fix can be deployed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding this weekend.
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby damiano1202 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Dirkened wrote:Hey all, if you are experiencing crashing issues in-game, please go to the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

And then run DXSETUP

After that, startup Rocket League again and make sure that you no longer crash

Please let me know if these steps help out.

Sorry for the issues you have been dealing with!

Not working for me, greetings
damiano1202
Supersonic

Postby Brian2020 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:53 pm

I’m using Xbox one and it’s crashing every time I try to start a game. Or I’ll grt in the game and as soon as 1 goal is scored it crashes. Goes black screen and kicks me out back to main menu on my Xbox
Brian2020
Supersonic

Region: Xbox one

Postby mosscd13 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:00 pm

Ran DXSETUP.

Still experiencing crashes on demolitions and any time a seasonal reward wheel trail is being used in my general vicinity during a match. Also, selecting or mousing over any seasonal wheel trail in the customization menu immediately gives an error and crashes to desktop. I'm in no way an authority on the subject, but it seems to be an issue with windows 7 + nVidia users in general.
mosscd13
Supersonic

Postby ASTP001 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:05 pm

mosscd13 wrote:Ran DXSETUP.

Still experiencing crashes on demolitions and any time a seasonal reward wheel trail is being used in my general vicinity during a match. Also, selecting or mousing over any seasonal wheel trail in the customization menu immediately gives an error and crashes to desktop. I'm in no way an authority on the subject, but it seems to be an issue with windows 7 + nVidia users in general.

Ran DXSETUP as well. Hard for me to be sure of the trigger, however, I am also running windows 7 + nVidia.
ASTP001
Supersonic

Steam ID: ASTP001

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 pm

mosscd13 wrote:Ran DXSETUP.

That could be the cause, however a multitude of Xbox users are experiencing the same issues in a similar way.
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby CrushU on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Yep. It's the seasonal reward trails that are destroying my game. Crashes instantly, at highest or lowest graphics settings.
385.69 drivers for a NVidia 650 Ti, and I ran DXSetup again.

Windows 7. I would wager it has something to do with DirectX 9?
CrushU
Supersonic

Steam ID: CrushU
Region: United States

Postby Azaran on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey everyone, glad I found this topic and that it's being worked on, as I'm having the same issues. Yesterday I played for 3 hours and had maybe 3 crashes. I had one of them happen in the Garage, one at the end of a match as I was loading back into the main menu, and one in the middle of a match that I just rejoined. It wasn't that bad then.

Today, however, just moments ago I was trying to play a Solo Standard Ranked match and I crashed 3 times in a row. I didn't even bother restarting the game after the third time, one of my team mates had already left and the opponents weren't offering me anything useful when I asked if they had crashing issues as well (one of them just straight up told me my computer must suck). My computer is pretty decent, I have an APU though so it's not great for processing. My graphics card is a GTX 970. I've always ran the game quite smoothly before with only some server hiccups here and there.

I hope a solution is found soon, I was enjoying the experience for the most part yesterday but today it seems it just wasn't meant to be.
Azaran
Supersonic

Steam ID: Azaran
Region: US

Postby toastyafac3 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm

im on pc, ran the DXSETUP. tried everything, nothing has helped.
toastyafac3
Supersonic

Steam ID: thepownking1
Region: OCE

Postby rockwood610 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 pm

I am not getting full crashes, but I can say that the game is running very slugish since the update. The menus don't navigate as well as they use to, and I get horrid lag in almost every match at certain points.

The main lag issues happen when a match starts, when someone leaves/joins, when several cars pile up around the ball, or when a demolition occurs. I have received both the main update and the smaller patch. Any ideas? I have several Steam friends complaining about this as well. I was in a 2vs2 match tonight where it got so bad that the disconnection logo popped up 3 times. The match was basically un-playable.
rockwood610
Supersonic

Steam ID: rockwood610
GamerTag: rockwood610

Postby SnoopD0ge on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Game keeps crashing in the middle of competitive and won't let me join I get error 58 sometimes and sometimes it will let me join back. Sucks because I get banned and lose elo hopefully it'll get fixed soon :).
SnoopD0ge
Supersonic

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49746781

Postby Sumanai on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:42 pm

I've been crashing randomly while playing online (usually within the first 10 minutes) since the autumn update (and the 25mb hotfix). Tried everything so far, verifying files on Steam, uninstalled and installed from scratch again, tried lowering video settings, using default trail, ran dxsetup as suggested earlier, etc.

This is the log of my latest crash just a few minutes ago, about a minute after joining my third game: https://pastebin.com/ahnxCQak

One odd thing, the log from a previous crash today had a huge spam of the same message over and over, this didnt happen in any of the other 20+ crashes I've had so far and the log file was about 3mb because of the same message over and over:
[0076.52] Warning: ParticleSystemComponent_0 (template: CS_FX.FX.CS_Day_ConTrail_PS) needs update but can't be because it's in TG_DuringAsnycWork and indirectly attached!

Not sure if it is related to anything but I hope it helps. It really has been super frustrating, cant play ranked at all with my friends because crashing means getting the 15 min ban. :(
Sumanai
Supersonic

Steam ID: Sumanai
Region: EU

Postby rockwood610 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:45 pm

I am not getting full crashes on PC version, but I have the latest updates and the menu is real sluggish now. And almost every game I have seen some bad lag.

When in game, the is some freezing/speedy catch up lag issues when the game first starts, when people leave/join mid match, and when there is a cluster of cars around the ball. Demolitions can cause it sometimes, and I see it a lot if I am driving along a side wall. Several of the people on my steam list are having these same issues.

I was in a 2vs2 match where the entire server disconnected with the read logo popping up on the screen a few times through out the match. Eventually we got kicked back to the main menu.

Is this a known issue? I am running Windows 10 Pro in the US and my ping times are always green, as well as all the other players in the game when this happens.
rockwood610
Supersonic

Steam ID: rockwood610
GamerTag: rockwood610

Postby ASTP001 on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:56 pm

I restarted steam and was able to play many games without it crashing. Anecdotal, but worth a shot! Maybe restart your computer just to be safe also.
ASTP001
Supersonic

Steam ID: ASTP001

Postby SoioHero on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:21 pm

I have Xbox one and my game keeps crashing. I hardreset my Xbox, removed and redone loaded my profile, uninstalled my game and reinstalled it, nothing is working

GT: Soio Hero
Xbox One
SoioHero
Supersonic

GamerTag: SoIo Hero

Postby tcs_shark on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 pm

we reset boost trail to default and all is good again!
tcs_shark
Supersonic

Steam ID: tcs_shark
Region: United States

Postby StromaX on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:14 am

It still keeps crashing for me.. Tried everything u said but it still doesnt work..Any other tips?
StromaX
Supersonic

GamerTag: S7R0M4X
Region: Hannover

Postby CosmicKid on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 am

Well, I've changed my car to default octane :octane: with default items and I think it crashes less often. There are certain matches (maybe it's map-related issue? don't think so though) during which my game keeps crashing constantly and after crashing for the second time I can't reconnect to the game because of some error.

Here are some logs, I guess they must be somewhat related because it happens only in certain online games.

https://pastebin.com/3rx0Sz9F (crash after rejoining)
https://pastebin.com/3tTdy8sY
https://pastebin.com/qsgtzcPf
CosmicKid
Supersonic

Postby TechnoJellyfish on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:48 am

At this point, I am convinced that the crash introduced in the 1.37 "Autumn Update" is related to the Season 4 reward trails.

I can reliably crash the game by equipping one of said trails and heading into Free Play (or any other mode, for that matter). The length of time until the crash occurs varies greatly (from as little as 10 seconds up to a couple of minutes) but it does crash sooner or later. It does not happen with the default trail equipped or when using a car with a unique trail (like the batmobile).

But that's not all. You don't have to have one of these trails equipped yourself to be susceptible to the crashing. As long as one player in a match has one equipped, there's a high probability of the game crashing.

To complicate matters even further, it does seem like not everyone is experiencing the issue at all (I wasn't able to reproduce it on my friends end, for example). Even worse, there's a real risk of people abusing this to intentionally crash other players' games to get free wins.

This is a log of a crash that happened when I started the game, picked a car that has a Season 4 reward trail equipped and headed straight into Free Play: https://pastebin.com/Mbd0DbEt

I don't think it's any good because it's just cut off before any error reporting (they all end up this way), but who knows.

Due to the possibility of abuse from malicious players, this issue should be treated with the highest priority, IMO.
TechnoJellyfish
Supersonic

Next

Return to General Discussion