Connection Troubleshooting

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Connection Troubleshooting

Postby Syrom on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 am

Hidi and Dandy, you just made my day. I thought the issue was on my end! Living in the UAE too, and I'm suffering from connectivity issues. All other online games are working fine, except for RL (post-patch 1.27).

I'm in the process of submitting a log on the Steam forums to Dirkened. Hopefully a small patch is released to sort this out soon. I have a RL house tournament on Sunday :(
Syrom
Supersonic

Postby Natsucr7 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 am

Syrom wrote:Hidi and Dandy, you just made my day. I thought the issue was on my end! Living in the UAE too, and I'm suffering from connectivity issues. All other online games are working fine, except for RL (post-patch 1.27).

I'm in the process of submitting a log on the Steam forums to Dirkened. Hopefully a small patch is released to sort this out soon. I have a RL house tournament on Sunday :(

You're not the only one. Me and a couple of friends are experiencing the same problem too here in the UE. If any psyonix mod reads this, please try contacting http://www.infoseedcomputers.com/server/ they will provide service for setting up servers in Dubai. (I'm aware I posted this link in two other threads as well)
Natsucr7
Supersonic

Steam ID: BillNyeTheSenpai
Region: EU

Postby oisxeng on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:13 pm

I got the same connectivity issue. Austria/EU
PLEASE HELP.

I allready tryed the full trouble shouting routine and dont wanna do it over and over again.
oisxeng
Supersonic

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:37110261
Region: Austria

Postby Joefro007 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:20 pm

My friends xbox is not having issues with other games but cant get into rocket league is the servers down?
Joefro007
Supersonic

PSN ID: Joefro007
Steam ID: Joefro007
GamerTag: Joefro007
Region: US

Postby avery on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:43 am

Hi, i've been playing rocket league for a while with 3MBps internet speed and its fine, then I changed to 5MBps speed internet from the same provider but when i want to play either casual or competitive I always stuck on loading page with infinity circle and then connection error 71 pops out :( . Any idea how to fix this problems? i'm playing on ASIA-SE MAINLAND, Thanks :yaypsyonix:
avery
Supersonic

Steam ID: avery

Postby TIGERSHARK27 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

I am hesitant to post here, and may end up making a thread if this isn't responded to, since I have a feeling this will just get lost, but anyway...

I am having an odd issue where my ping in Rocket League is staying between 108-120, Unranked or Ranked, and I am only searching in US-West (I live near Vancouver, Canada). I'm "Adam".

This is my result from Speedtest.
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5987505424

Other online games have had no issues, and obviously the other players in the game aren't having any problems, so I'm not blaming Psyonix, but my connection seems fine in everything else, so I'm really puzzled what to do about this.

Up until today, assuming I'm connected to a US-West server, I've had 20-60 ping in every game of over 450 hours of gameplay. If I keep US-East servers open for searching, I usually have 68-96 ping. I don't think it's a firewall issue. Any help is appreciated!!

Edit: Is it possible Psyonix just closed some of their US-West servers that were closer to the north west to save money?

Second Edit: Because I've had it in the past, the gameplay search times and ping feel like I'm playing on a Moderate/Strict NAT type, although I checked on my Xbox (I play Rocket League on PC) and it said it was Open, not to mention NAT type usually isn't a factor on dedicated servers.

EDIT: The problem no longer persists, without me taking any action (and trying a week later), so I think Psyonix fixed whatever issue there was. Thanks!
Last edited by TIGERSHARK27 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
TIGERSHARK27
Supersonic

Steam ID: TIGERSHARK827
GamerTag: TIGERSHARK27

Postby Krispite on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:37 pm

I've been having the exact same issue as TIGERSHARK27 (post above mine) for the last three weeks or so as well. The game is very frustrating with that ping.
Krispite
Supersonic

Postby dkg on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi,
since the update the ping is really bad but not on every servers. So I started to write down which servers were bad for me (playing from France).
Pre-update my ping was around 35-40. Bandwith test are fine.
Only steam running and 1 twitch stream in the background, no Steam updates while playing.

Here come the pings (chronological order) :

23-01-2017 (~11pm CET) / 24-01-2017 (~1am) :
EU147-Burnout : 135
EU123-Maw : 115
EU95-Apogee : 115
EU69-Hotshot : 100
EU387732 : 35

25-01-2017 (midnight - 1am CET) :
EU29-Supernova : 120
EU64-Horizon : 120
EU271-Pascal : 125
EU387835 : 35
EU385135 : 35
EU244-Perigee : 115

Hope it helps.
Have a good evening.
dkg
Supersonic

Region: Europe

Postby mardds on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:00 am

I am also experiencing the same rubberbanding issue since the last update, I've had the game on ps4 since release and I've had no issues whatsoever before the last update, and just like the replies above, I'm also from UAE and a lot of my friends here are experiencing the same sort of problem, no matter what server i switch to, when the game starts, nothing happens except for the disconnect icon appearing and then suddenly I'm in the game, and after a minute into the game , i start experiencing horrible rubberbanding for a minute or two and it usually ends up with my team losing the game. I've tried portforwarding, DNS, and whatever tip i could find online and nothing seems to work, specially that all other games seem to run perfectly fine, so that leads me to believe it's a RL issue.

Please try to find a fix as soon as possible as it's ruining the game.
mardds
Supersonic

Postby Pugsay on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:39 am

I am having problems with a weird king of lag when playing RL on online servers. I can connect to servers fine and my ping is around 12-40 so I should not be lagging. The lag happens every couple of seconds and only if I'm changing the direction of my car (it does not happen if I just drive in a straight line). It feels like a jitter which completely throws me off from accuracy and makes the online game unplayable. I know that I have no packet loss as I have tested in using cmd. I have uninstalled steam and rocket league and reinstalled them and the problem carries on. Hopefully someone can help me.
Pugsay
Supersonic

Steam ID: Pugsay
Region: EU

Postby Hidi on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 pm

All these posts and psyonix aren't batting an eye, I regret spending 900 hours on this game if it isn't going to get fixed.
Hidi
Supersonic

PSN ID: Hudunuat
Steam ID: Hidi

Postby ReadyToRumble on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 am

Can you fix your servers please ?
Once again i have a good connexion but in rocket i lag and i have lag spikes. So i can't play ranked and i can't play at all because it's too annoying playing with lag, i hate that.
(Especially when you buy a game)

I am playing on EU servers.
ReadyToRumble
Supersonic

Steam ID: ReadyToRumble

Postby gammapower on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello,

I've also connection problems to the game. When I start the first game of a session, I have a ping below 30ms. During the first game it raises up tp 300ms. If play a second game it can go up to 800ms. WHen I restart the game, that behaviour starts from beginning. I tried also to use just european server, but it doesn't change anything. Always the same behaviour. When I check my ping in other online-games like counter-strike it's below 10ms. There are no issues during the gaming session in other online games, just rocket league. I'm connected directly to my router via cable. I tried some experiments with deactivated Wifi and just my PC connected, but it doesn't change anything.

Do you have any suggestions? I've the feeling there is something wrong with either the game or servers. After 2 games it's nearly impossible to play, sometimes it's starting in first game already.

I observed that behaviour since a couple of days. Hadn't played some time.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Regards

***** UPDATE ******
It seems that the SW Overwolf is causing that bad ping. After deactivation everything is working fine now.
Last edited by gammapower on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gammapower
Supersonic

Postby ReadyToRumble on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 am

Seriously,

I have stop RL for 2 weeks (cause of servers) and i have still lag spikes each 30s in games.
i have no problem in other games.
Can you FIX EU SERVERS PLEASE.
It's unplayabble, i can't do ranked games anymore cause of that and i can't play at all because lagging is the worst thing in a game for me.

So please do something i have buy this game and i want to play again.
ReadyToRumble
Supersonic

Steam ID: ReadyToRumble

Postby Krodini on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:28 am

corman44 wrote:Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes nothing.

Recently, I have been encountering an issue where I can't join a game. I am connected to the servers and after I have found a game to join the loading screen switches to a black screen with "JOINING" and a spinning wheel. After 30 seconds of this black screen I am sent back to my home screen where I receive the following message: "Your game has timed out [Error: 71]".

I thought this issue always happened, but a few times I have experienced the black screen with "JOINING" for a few seconds and then the loading screen flashes and I enter the game. I have tried 20 times today to join games and the same issue occurs every time.

What I've tried:
-Selecting different game types
-Selecting different Regions for Servers
-Unsynching and Resynching with the Steam Cloud

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Corman44

You can change your dns server (look it up) works like a gem. If that doesn't work I recommend that you dl speedify a connection software that just is amazing. If that doesn't work then..... ya that's ya I never got any other problems after that. lol
Krodini
Supersonic

Steam ID: Krodini
Region: PC

Postby Itamar on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:01 pm

For the past 10 days, I get disconnected from every match that I play when there's around a minute left until the end of the match.
I'm not sure why it's happening and it's a new thing to me. I can't finish any match because I get disconnected from each and every match I'm trying to play.
Please help me with this one. I really want to play the game and the fact that it's been like that for more than a week is not right...
Itamar
Supersonic

Steam ID: itamar919

Postby Petoskey97 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello everyone, if you're problem isn't solved by this thread please post a new one in the Help and Support section. It is much easier to address everyone's problems that way.
Psyonix Support - Mega Help Thread - Thanks for using the forums! - Xbox Ambassador
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

GamerTag: Petoskey97
Region: US

Lag!!!!!!!

Postby aerodriguez12 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:23 pm

There is unplayable lag every time I play this game on xbox. Only this game. The game will say I have great Ping but I still lag tremendously. I cant take it anymore. This is aggravating.
aerodriguez12
Supersonic

Postby madeco on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:10 pm

hi bro what about ps4 player i have issue no servers online always ... can u help me pls
madeco
Supersonic

PSN ID: madeco_88
Steam ID: madeco89
Region: eu

Postby Doallyn on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Look you are banned for 15 mins cos you had a connection issue - you bad bad person
Doallyn
Supersonic

Steam ID: Doallyn

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support