Lost Save Data

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Lost Save Data

Postby Szirokko on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:38 am

Ahoi Psyonix!
Yes, also lost all my stats after last update. Both Ranking and Level are still there, but the 3000+ matches I played are gone. How can I reset that? Can you get my stats back? That'd be lovely. Thanx!
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Postby Dirkened on Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Dirkened wrote:Would someone that last their data on PC be able to send me their \SaveData\ folder from a media hosting site?
The folder can be found in <My Documents>\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\

Thank you all for the info. We're releasing a hotfix for PC that should help with the Save Data loss that you guys have been experiencing
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby Leathertooth on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:25 am

The patch didn't work.
Leathertooth
Supersonic

PSN ID: Fakiiri
Region: EU

Postby Bame on Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Luxtr wrote:If you're on PC running Windows 7 or newer and you're lucky to have the Shadow copy service going (which allows you to restore a folder or file to previous versions after it has been modified/overwritten/corrupted), and Dirkened's instructions didn't work, you can try one further thing (original post).

Remember to create a backup before you try anything.

1. Right-click the DBE_Production folder and click on Properties.

2. If the Restore file service is running for this location (by default it is), you'll have a Previous versions tab.

3. Select a recent date prior to the day your data was reset.

4. Click Restore.

5. Launch Rocket League.

6. If your level progress is very close to what you had before it was completely wiped, great!

7. Exit Rocket League, and relaunch. See if everything is still there.

Note that this is rather tricky and may take a few tries. When this happened to me, I would quit RL after everything was Okay, and the next time I'd open it it would be reset again. So, what I did, was I tried to make a few changes to RL so that the change in stats was registered by Steam Cloud or whatever it is responsible, for example, modify some setting in the Game Options, play a few games, record a replay, do something to your inventory, etc. This should force Steam to sync this restored copy, but I don't know what specifically triggers it.

The order I followed was: 1st, Disable Steam Cloud. 2nd, Restore previous version. 3rd, Check in-game if it worked and do some modifications. 4th, Exit the game and relaunch it, then check if everything is still there. 5th, Reenable Steam Cloud Sync. 6th, Launch RL and see if it worked.

Fenks that worked instantly, at least someone knows to fix psyonix bugs, 4 real why is there still no better option or a "official" fix ?
Bame
Supersonic

Postby wolfy on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:08 am

Hey guys. For the ones who didnt solved the problems with the upper steps , i have an another solution.
When i followed this guide , i didnt had 4 SaveData .save files. I had only 3. I tried the things in this guide and it didnt work. I was Rambo and i tried to "restart" my progress by deleting the .save files . ALL OF THEM. I though that if i do this i will reset my inv , my rank EVERYTHING . But it just solved the problem! When i started RL i put Discoteque wheels instead of Hot Rod, i closed it , i reopened it and the Discoteque wheels were on the car .

SO i hope it worked for you :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin: !
wolfy
Supersonic

Steam ID: wolfy|CSGOSTRESS.COM

Postby Henteru on Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:46 am

in fact , these data are not deleted form android phone completely , unless them has been covered by new data , so , remember to recover data from android phone as sonn as possible , i would like to suggest that you can try Android Rescuer , which can help you found out lost data on internal memory ,no matter you lost messages ,contacts,photos,app,files,videos,music,ect ,
How to recover android messages ?
How to found out lost photos from phone ?
How to restore back contacts on internal memory ?
Henteru
Supersonic

PSN ID: Hy748965385
Steam ID: Pgb85163
Region: Pre-alpha

Postby Szirokko on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:06 am

Hello! Stoopid me, forgot to mention, that I have this problem on the PS4... Any patches there?
Szirokko
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Szirokko

Postby P3zZeR8 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:40 am

"NOTE: This is a PC only solution"

So, let me get this straight. I need to be clear. Console players have absolutely 0 chance of ever getting their stats back? Because, if this is the case, I'm done with the game. Please tell me I'm wrong...
P3zZeR8
Acrobatic

Postby actualdessert3 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:01 am

So after I did this I got my 31 levels back, but then lost the 29 levels I accumulated after my levels disappeared. So now I want my 29 levels AND my 31 levels(now 35). Anyway I could merge the two levels so I have all of my levels back to normal?
actualdessert3
Supersonic

Steam ID: GG actualdessert
Region: US

Postby l0wcrow420 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:50 am

Lost the stats from Top 300 account overall. Had about 13k Matches played and now 120 but I am still Rocketeer...copying back doenst help...close one!
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby krotoman on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:31 am

Hi dear A week ago i exit rl en th next day i start rl up than i get the exacly items what i earnd yesterday again and if i change my settinga there going back to the old one's and if i change my car and i restart rl than i have the same again and if i hide my rank its resets its again what is going on? I already reinstall it it wont help?
krotoman
Supersonic

Steam ID: [H-GT] KrotoMan

Postby l0wcrow420 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 am

I really dont understand how this happened?!? This is my profile: https://rocketleague.tracker.network/pr ... 7987172274

Currently ingame 132 Matches played everything else resetted aswell - FeelsGoodMan

edit: its just the career screen which is wrong if I watch the leaderboards I can see the right stats but how do I fixed it for career
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby The Logical Legacy on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 am

Thank you very much wolfy, Your method saved my time. what can i do to repay you?
The Logical Legacy
Supersonic

Postby karumba on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:55 am

it happend again today...for the 3rd time. what a mess. i have backups of my *.save files, but i can't manage to force the steam sync conflict dialog to open in order to upload the most recent ones into the cloud. when i copy my latest saves to the "TAGame\SaveData\DBE_Production" directory, they get deleted & replaced with much smaller files (~250kb, compared to ~950kb) & all my settings are lost again. i've disabled steam cloud sync now, since i don't see any other solution. :(
Last edited by karumba on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
karumba
Supersonic

Postby Odan_be on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:56 am

I just bought and installed rocket league.
So i had no "old" saves or old data in steam cloud to be " corrupted"
Yet my game does not keep track of my progress and resets every time i start the game.
And every time i get greeted by the EULA..

Every other steam games works like a charm... rocket league is the first game IN A LOOOONG time that requires me to put a lot of time in to TRY to make it work.. while it is OBVIOUSLY a dev problem...
Seriously thinkging about asking my money back...
Odan_be
Supersonic

Postby CodyRL on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I am having a rather different issue...My Rocket League recently crashed and when I went to reopen it, the EULA Agreement poped up and my settings and car load outs were reset. I fixed them and relaunched the game, but the EULA Agreement showed up again and my settings were once again reset. This happend every time i relaunched. My level and items are there, i just keep getting reset and my game wont save to the Cloud. I have tried many ways to fix this but could not get it to work.
CodyRL
Supersonic

Steam ID: /CodyRL

Postby CodyRL on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 pm

My game crash was due to me accidentally launching another game while Rocket League was running. My save file will no longer sync with the Steam Cloud for some reason and it resets my stats, settings and game every time I open and close it. The only solution that works is disabling the Steam Cloud for Rocket League. I have tried fixing my save file, but every time i do the old ones keep being loaded in. I played on a friends computer about a week ago and that maybe the cause of my corrupted save. but for now I can only play with Steam Cloud Sync disabled.
CodyRL
Supersonic

Steam ID: /CodyRL

Postby hekex on Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:56 pm

I lost my polygonal nitro, how can it be????????????
hekex
Supersonic

Steam ID: faszroland

trade glitch

Postby nilasdk4100 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:16 pm

hey i was trading with a a guy a heatwave for a parallax i had the heatwave we trade and when we gets out it says canceled we come out and i dont have my heatwave anymore it is so weird i got a labyrinth out of nothing dont know how the heck that works but i dont have my heatwave anymore do any admins or something know about what it could be the labyrinth wasnt in the trade so i dont even know how its possible please help me :redmad:
nilasdk4100
Supersonic

Steam ID: nilasdk4100

Postby VespeRz on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:49 am

Hello,
I'll try to explain in english even if I'm french.
I just bought the game and I can't save the game and I tried to follow your advices but the files you named do not exist I do not understand and I ask for more help please.
VespeRz
Supersonic

Steam ID: VespeRz

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support