Lost Save Data

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Lost Save Data

Postby Dirkened on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:46 pm

We do have a back up database for your levels but you will need to keep Steam Cloud Sync off for Rocket League as that overrides
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby [Fruc]Leafhead on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 am

Same thing happened to me. I backed up my DBE folder and tried restoring to a previous version and it did not work. level 72 with over 1200+ hours and all my stats lost. I still have the backed up DBE folder can anyone help me? Steam cloud sync is off.
[Fruc]Leafhead
Supersonic

Region: United States

Postby [Fruc]Leafhead on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 am

I have a question about what folder /Steam/userdata/SteamID/AppID is? Is that the same folder as the one containing the .vdf? My .vdf was in folder 252950 but it didn't say steam_id on the folder before it, it just had a bunch of numbers. When you are typing "/steam_ID/" and "/AppID" are those just generic names for the folders, and on my computer they will be named different things? if so, which one do I delete all the files in when the steam sync conflict dialouge is open? Thank you for you help

Dirkened wrote:[Steam PC]You've lost your save data or you cannot progress anymore?

NOTE: This is a PC only solution

If you're stuck getting reset back to yesterday's progress and can't get any farther, it's likely that Steam Cloud Sync has a corrupted file and won't take in your current save anymore. The fastest course of action is to turn off Steam Cloud Sync, which should help in this case.

Here's a solution from reddit that has been helpful for some. If it works for you then let me know!

Remember to back up any information/data that you may be deleting as you are deleting save information. Doing this solution will be at your own risk, but with proper precaution you should be 100% fine.

In ~/Documents/My Games/Rocket League/TAGame/SaveData/DBE_Production/ there are all your save files.

1. Sort the SaveData by descending date.
  2. Find your 2nd-to-latest save data (probably 3 and 4 from the top).
  3. Move your last two (corrupted) *.save files to a new folder.
  4. Rename the two most recent (non-corrupted) save files to the two that you just moved. (One will probably end in "_2").
  5. DISABLE STEAM CLOUD SYNC! and Start Rocket League.
It will probably work but you aren't finished. Your save data is most likely corrupted in the Steam cloud, so we gotta fix that. Here's how:

1. Quit Rocket League
  2. Disable Steam Cloud sync.
  3. Delete all files in this folder: /Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID/252950
  4. Start Rocket League and wait a minute or so.
  5. Quit Rocket League and Steam
  6. Delete remotecache.vdf in /Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID/252950.
  7. Start Steam
  8. Enable Steam Cloud sync for Rocket League.
  9. Wait a few seconds... If nothing happens, try to start Rocket League.
  10. Steam Cloud Sync Conflict should open!
  11. Go back to /Steam/userdata/SteamID/AppID and delete ALL the files in it (WHILE the Sync Conflict dialog is still open!)
  12. Go back to the Cloud Sync Conflict dialog and click on "Upload to the Steam Cloud". Steam will sync your AppID folder with nothing in it, and basically delete all cloud files for Rocket League.
  13. Rocket League should start! Fix all your settings and anything and quit Rocket League.
  14. Wait for Steam to resync your new non-corrupted data with the Cloud.
  15. Start Rocket League again and confirm you fixed everything!
[Fruc]Leafhead
Supersonic

Postby HaloAce on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:15 am

Still looking for a solid resolution to this issue. Is there a way to just add our stuff back with what you have on your server? I would hate to have gone to Rocketeer just to have this happen.
HaloAce
Supersonic

Steam ID: _KillerAce_
GamerTag: HaloAc3
Region: US

My Friend Has Lost His Rank

Postby ewaldred on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:10 pm

My friend got banned off of rocket league from ranking up. He just got put into a game with all lvl 75's somehow. then when it finished he got kicked off then when he came back on he was lvl 1. We have tried to play matches to lvl him up again but he says he is stuck at 1. If anyone knows how to help or why this is happening please say.

Thanks,
Ewaldred
ewaldred
Supersonic

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:149613803

Postby ETBangin on Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 am

Strangely enough, only my car prests and certified items were lost. My most recent PlayStation 4 save contains the NEW data, leaving me no backup file. Not to mention I played offline until the Space dome update completed. Once it completed, it was then I discovered the unfortunate error that occurred.
ETBangin
Supersonic

PSN ID: ETBangin

Postby V3ga5 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:18 am

i did , it works
ALL MY INVENTORY REMOVED
I NEED IT BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
V3ga5
Supersonic

Steam ID: V3ga5
Region: Both

Postby V3ga5 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:21 am

Hey its worked to me but its removed all my inventory i lost a lot of money i put on this game
V3ga5
Supersonic

Steam ID: V3ga5
Region: Both

Postby Fabian Tomoko on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 am

I don't know how - but since this patch, my savedata has been restored. wtf? :D
After Aquadom patch i lost all my levels (level 63) and my preset. So i played alot and went back to level 52. Yesterday, after the patch, i logged in, my presets were gone again, BUT MY LEVEL IS BACK TO 63 :O
Fabian Tomoko
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Fabian Tomoko
Region: EU

Postby shaleval1 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 am

Dirkened wrote:[Steam PC]You've lost your save data or you cannot progress anymore?

NOTE: This is a PC only solution

If you're stuck getting reset back to yesterday's progress and can't get any farther, it's likely that Steam Cloud Sync has a corrupted file and won't take in your current save anymore. The fastest course of action is to turn off Steam Cloud Sync, which should help in this case.

Here's a solution from reddit that has been helpful for some. If it works for you then let me know!

Remember to back up any information/data that you may be deleting as you are deleting save information. Doing this solution will be at your own risk, but with proper precaution you should be 100% fine.

In ~/Documents/My Games/Rocket League/TAGame/SaveData/DBE_Production/ there are all your save files.

1. Sort the SaveData by descending date.
  2. Find your 2nd-to-latest save data (probably 3 and 4 from the top).
  3. Move your last two (corrupted) *.save files to a new folder.
  4. Rename the two most recent (non-corrupted) save files to the two that you just moved. (One will probably end in "_2").
  5. DISABLE STEAM CLOUD SYNC! and Start Rocket League.
It will probably work but you aren't finished. Your save data is most likely corrupted in the Steam cloud, so we gotta fix that. Here's how:

1. Quit Rocket League
  2. Disable Steam Cloud sync.
  3. Delete all files in this folder: /Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID/252950
  4. Start Rocket League and wait a minute or so.
  5. Quit Rocket League and Steam
  6. Delete remotecache.vdf in /Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID/252950.
  7. Start Steam
  8. Enable Steam Cloud sync for Rocket League.
  9. Wait a few seconds... If nothing happens, try to start Rocket League.
  10. Steam Cloud Sync Conflict should open!
  11. Go back to /Steam/userdata/SteamID/AppID and delete ALL the files in it (WHILE the Sync Conflict dialog is still open!)
  12. Go back to the Cloud Sync Conflict dialog and click on "Upload to the Steam Cloud". Steam will sync your AppID folder with nothing in it, and basically delete all cloud files for Rocket League.
  13. Rocket League should start! Fix all your settings and anything and quit Rocket League.
  14. Wait for Steam to resync your new non-corrupted data with the Cloud.
  15. Start Rocket League again and confirm you fixed everything!

http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30110 plz answer this issue
shaleval1
Supersonic

account level glitched

Postby GRUMPYPRO on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:26 am

Hi my xbox 1 account was a level 55 and after patch i loged on and iam now 65 and my exp bar does not gain exp after playing games can you reset plzzzzz
GRUMPYPRO
Supersonic

GamerTag: o0 grumpy 0o
Region: us

Postby Dirkened on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:12 pm

shaleval1 wrote:http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30110 plz answer this issue

Please stop spamming in threads regarding something that is an intended feature.
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Dirkened on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Would someone that last their data on PC be able to send me their \SaveData\ folder from a media hosting site?
The folder can be found in <My Documents>\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

HELP WHERE IS MY STUFF ITS ALL GONE!!!!!!!!

Postby SirSlime on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:47 pm

The day after I installed the new update all of my stuff was gone!!! When I got into rocket league today I was level 1 and it said player 1 in the corner not my steam tag thing... I mean I still had all of my achievements and I don't think I was banned... I probably would have gotten a notification please help I also want to know has this happened to anyone else PLEASE HELP!!!!
SirSlime
Supersonic

Steam ID: SirSlime

Postby edo98 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 pm

I lost all my data for rocket league all my stuff is gone from my garage and I'm a level 33, it kept my rank but don't have any of my stuff I'm on Xbox one. My GT is edo98
edo98
Supersonic

GamerTag: edo98

Re: HELP WHERE IS MY STUFF ITS ALL GONE!!!!!!!!

Postby CA Azimuth on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:45 pm

First, check your eyes for a blindfold. If you are not wearing a blindfold, ask your mom to help you find them. If that doesn't work panic and run around in circles.
CA Azimuth
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: CA Azimuth

Postby Steiner84 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:02 am

PS4 here, all my stuff is there, but all my presets are gone and the options reset. i hopped right into the custom training and was like "woah, wtf did psyonix do?" until i noticed that all my options were back to default..
i havent checked my stats, but my level is the same..
Steiner84
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Steiner84

Re: HELP WHERE IS MY STUFF ITS ALL GONE!!!!!!!!

Postby AlexCuse44 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:38 am

Try using a different controller and see if that works
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Licaon on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:57 am

Tried this fix , and guess what ..... I've lost all my statistics . My level is fine , my rank is fine , but my statistics all gone . At least it fixed the bug on Garage , where this exclamation point never goes away , and i do hope that fixes my problem with one achievement that never unlocks ...... 965 hours , and the statistics is gone , thx ......
Licaon
Supersonic

Steam ID: licaon_lobo

Postby Steiner84 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:18 am

yeah same here. ive checked everything now and my level and my rank is fine, my loot is there but everything else is gone. all my presets, all my options, all my statistics. Im back to 20 games played.
smh
Steiner84
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: Steiner84

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support