Lost Save Data

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Lost Save Data

Postby Dirkened on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:36 pm

[Steam PC]You've lost your save data or you cannot progress anymore?

If you're stuck getting reset back to yesterday's progress and can't get any further, it's likely that Steam Cloud Sync is storing a corrupted file and won't keep your save up to date. The fastest course of action is to turn off Steam Cloud Sync, which should help in some cases.

Before making any changes to your save files, please make sure that you copy and back up the SaveData folder elsewhere for safety

If you are presented with unlocks and all presets/settings are reset when booting up

• Disable (and keep off) Steam Cloud Sync for Rocket League
  • Go to the directory <My Documents>\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\
  • Rename the folder SaveData to SavedData
  • Reboot Rocket League and recreate a preset and your settings
  • Restart Rocket League again and see if the changes stayed

More technical solution that involves deleting Steam Cloud Sync storage
NOTE: This is a PC only solution

If you're stuck getting reset back to yesterday's progress and can't get any farther, it's likely that Steam Cloud Sync has a corrupted file and won't take in your current save anymore. The fastest course of action is to turn off Steam Cloud Sync, which should help in this case.

Here's a solution from reddit that has been helpful for some. If it works for you then let me know!

Remember to back up any information/data that you may be deleting as you are deleting save information. Doing this solution will be at your own risk, but with proper precaution you should be 100% fine.

In ~/Documents/My Games/Rocket League/TAGame/SaveData/DBE_Production/ there are all your save files.

1. Sort the SaveData by descending date.
  2. Find your 2nd-to-latest save data (probably 3 and 4 from the top).
  3. Move your last two (corrupted) *.save files to a new folder.
  4. Rename the two most recent (non-corrupted) save files to the two that you just moved. (One will probably end in "_2").
  5. DISABLE STEAM CLOUD SYNC! and Start Rocket League.
It will probably work but you aren't finished. Your save data is most likely corrupted in the Steam cloud, so we gotta fix that. Here's how:

1. Quit Rocket League
  2. Disable Steam Cloud sync.
  3. Delete all files in this folder: /Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID/252950
  4. Start Rocket League and wait a minute or so.
  5. Quit Rocket League and Steam
  6. Delete remotecache.vdf in /Steam/userdata/STEAM_ID/252950.
  7. Start Steam
  8. Enable Steam Cloud sync for Rocket League.
  9. Wait a few seconds... If nothing happens, try to start Rocket League.
  10. Steam Cloud Sync Conflict should open!
  11. Go back to /Steam/userdata/SteamID/AppID and delete ALL the files in it (WHILE the Sync Conflict dialog is still open!)
  12. Go back to the Cloud Sync Conflict dialog and click on "Upload to the Steam Cloud". Steam will sync your AppID folder with nothing in it, and basically delete all cloud files for Rocket League.
  13. Rocket League should start! Fix all your settings and anything and quit Rocket League.
  14. Wait for Steam to resync your new non-corrupted data with the Cloud.
  15. Start Rocket League again and confirm you fixed everything!
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Lost Save Data

Postby StubbornPuppet on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Sorry, but could you define "Cannot progress anymore"?

I have something weird going on with rank progression and wonder if it might be related.
I'M OUT. The decision to remove Neo Tokyo (and all the implications that holds for the future of this game) and start putting new cars inside crates... NOPE. See you somewhere else.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: StubbornPuppet
Steam ID: StubbornPuppet
Region: PC - US

Postby Obscu on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:03 am

Hello, I tried the first part of your technique, but it now says I'm level 38... (I should now be level 65 or so)
It is weird because the only "recent" saves are the 2 from today, the previous ones are from 2015
Obscu
Supersonic

PSN ID: Obscu
Steam ID: Obscu
GamerTag: Obscu
Region: EU

Postby Dirkened on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:11 pm

StubbornPuppet wrote:Sorry, but could you define "Cannot progress anymore"?

I have something weird going on with rank progression and wonder if it might be related.

This case would be where your level/experience is constantly being set back to a previous point in time. Let's say you go to level 51 but every time you close the game and start it back up you get sent back to level 50

Obscu wrote:Hello, I tried the first part of your technique, but it now says I'm level 38... (I should now be level 65 or so)
It is weird because the only "recent" saves are the 2 from today, the previous ones are from 2015

In this case I would back up the SaveData folder (change it's name to SavedData or something else) and then keep off Steam Cloud Sync.
Hopefully you'll be able to return back to your previous level as our back up database returns your progress
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Hypwrblast on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:45 pm

alright so i was about lvl 20 on my asus laptop and then i moved all of my progress on to my iMac but now I'm back to rank 1 i still have most of my stuff but a lot of it is gone
Hypwrblast
Supersonic

Steam ID: hypernova5799
GamerTag: SuperNova9975
Region: US

Postby TheJeh on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 am

Hey i dont have any more than 2 saved datas so what do i do?
TheJeh
Supersonic

Steam ID: VeteranJeh
Region: EU

Postby ZammyZam on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:34 am

Hello

Il start with saying that I had a pretty long break from RL, but after sometime I started too miss playing it, so I decided to update the game and start playing it again. After the update was finished I started the game, but sadly enough to only find out that i was set back to lvl 1 :frown: I do not know what the reason is and I kind off miss being a master since it took sometime, btw I didt not lose any off my cars or stuff only my lvl. I have played a little after what happend and I am now semi-pro, but if I could get my master lvl back that would be great :cheesygrin:
https://i.imgsafe.org/f3e3310fa0.jpg
Here is a screenshot off the hours i have played, and what lvl i am
ZammyZam
Supersonic

Steam ID: (TMTB) CA..BLAAAAAM

Experience, title, and level reset

Postby Alandahoot on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Logged in today to be greeted by a user agreement. The decline button is automatically highlighted and you have to scroll down to get the accept button to light up, but I just hit "A" and declined it. This caused the game to go into a loop playing the into cedits, so I hard reset, started the game back up, and accepted the agreement. When I logged in finally, I was level 1, has no experience, no titles, and all of my settings had been reset. I still have items (cars, paint jobs, etc).

This is incredibly frustrating as I was 2 bars exp away from level 50 and the 'master' title. I have tried resetting the Xbox and I am still level 1. I am considering paying the $20 just to download it on steam and see if somehow that would roll me back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Platform- Xbox one
Alandahoot
Supersonic

GamerTag: Alandahoot
Region: Xbox one

Re: Experience, title, and level reset

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:05 am

I'm guessing the hard reset screwed you there. Sorry I don't really know how to fix that except maybe overwriting to a previous save file which you can do on PS4 so I'm guessing you can also do it on Xbox. Hopes that helps :D
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Alandahoot on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Alandahoot wrote:Logged in today to be greeted by a user agreement. The decline button is automatically highlighted and you have to scroll down to get the accept button to light up, but I just hit "A" and declined it. This caused the game to go into a loop playing the into cedits, so I hard reset, started the game back up, and accepted the agreement. When I logged in finally, I was level 1, has no experience, no titles, and all of my settings had been reset. I still have items (cars, paint jobs, etc).

This is incredibly frustrating as I was 2 bars exp away from level 50 and the 'master' title. I have tried resetting the Xbox and I am still level 1. I am considering paying the $20 just to download it on steam and see if somehow that would roll me back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Platform- Xbox one

Wow.... glad my issue got lumped into a topic completely unrelated to what I'm experiencing.

Nice one.... thanks mods
Alandahoot
Supersonic

Postby Alandahoot on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:33 pm

AlexCuse44 wrote:I'm guessing the hard reset screwed you there. Sorry I don't really know how to fix that except maybe overwriting to a previous save file which you can do on PS4 so I'm guessing you can also do it on Xbox. Hopes that helps :D

Not sure how to access individual saves on the Xbox one. I've only seen options to erase all saved games.

And by "hard reset" I just mean powering down the Xbox and turning it back on
Alandahoot
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:40 pm

Best I can offer for trying to return your XB1 data is to delete the local save data. You can get to the local save data by pressing start on Rocket League and then managing game
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby SpiralLegends on Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:56 pm

What do I do if I am on PS4?
SpiralLegends
Supersonic

PSN ID: SpiralLegends
Region: US

Postby Dirkened on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:48 pm

SpiralLegends wrote:What do I do if I am on PS4?

For PS4 I'd recommend that you remove your PS+ Cloud Save, but be sure to back up your Save Data onto a USB drive as well.
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby elias3251 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:02 am

I need help. I got reseted for the 2nd time now. The first time was with lvl 38 but I don't care about this. The second time was today with lvl 71 (I played a second time from 0 to 71) but now i want my lvl back. My lvl.. My stats.. all is gone.
I did everything exactly like the guide, but it doesn't worked. I am now with 1224 hours lvl 1 and 0 goals. :( I need help.
elias3251
Supersonic

Steam ID: elias16342

Postby Dirkened on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:22 pm

How long were you playing with reset stats?
Sometimes if you were playing for too long, our back up database will be reset with those stats.

Otherwise, if you haven't and you're playing with Steam Cloud Sync off, and you've tried all of the above, there's not much else I can officially recommend you do
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby elias3251 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:35 pm

I went in, saw that I#m lvl 1 and searched instantly for a bug fix and found yours.. okay.. then... Let's farm up again :D / :(
elias3251
Supersonic

Steam ID: elias16342

Postby Luxtr on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:05 pm

If you're on PC running Windows 7 or newer and you're lucky to have the Shadow copy service going (which allows you to restore a folder or file to previous versions after it has been modified/overwritten/corrupted), and Dirkened's instructions didn't work, you can try one further thing (original post).

Remember to create a backup before you try anything.

1. Right-click the DBE_Production folder and click on Properties.

2. If the Restore file service is running for this location (by default it is), you'll have a Previous versions tab.

3. Select a recent date prior to the day your data was reset.

4. Click Restore.

5. Launch Rocket League.

6. If your level progress is very close to what you had before it was completely wiped, great!

7. Exit Rocket League, and relaunch. See if everything is still there.

Note that this is rather tricky and may take a few tries. When this happened to me, I would quit RL after everything was Okay, and the next time I'd open it it would be reset again. So, what I did, was I tried to make a few changes to RL so that the change in stats was registered by Steam Cloud or whatever it is responsible, for example, modify some setting in the Game Options, play a few games, record a replay, do something to your inventory, etc. This should force Steam to sync this restored copy, but I don't know what specifically triggers it.

The order I followed was: 1st, Disable Steam Cloud. 2nd, Restore previous version. 3rd, Check in-game if it worked and do some modifications. 4th, Exit the game and relaunch it, then check if everything is still there. 5th, Reenable Steam Cloud Sync. 6th, Launch RL and see if it worked.
Luxtr
Acrobatic

Steam ID: luxtr
Region: SAM

Postby empyreanmax on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:17 pm

I have been hit with a complete level reset 3 times now. The first two times it happened on my desktop, but since I also play fairly frequently on my laptop I was able to go to the SaveData folder on my laptop to find a recent save to do this overwrite process with. Now it happened to me a THIRD time (psyonix PLS), this time while I was on my laptop. I didn't freak out though, because I can just do the reverse and go find a recent save on my desktop right? NOPE, for some unfathomable reason the SaveData/DBE_Production folder on my desktop is COMPLETELY EMPTY. How is this even possible? There are also no restore points available on either my desktop OR my laptop, and as for the "find your second-to-last save data" nonsense there has only ever been 2 saves in the folder every time I've been hit with the corruption. I am equal parts devastated and fucking livid right now. 67+ levels and stats right down the drain. Oh man I'm gonna have a great time trying to figure out what my exact camera settings used to be!

FIX

THIS
empyreanmax
Supersonic

Steam ID: Empyreanmax

Postby karumba on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:09 am

today i also lost my rank & all my settings (cars, camera, etc.)!
i was level 74 (rocketeer). always made sure to sync my steam data with the cloud & now i'm level 1 with 1200+ hrs play time!

i would recommend that psyonix implements the rank to be stored on their servers instead of letting steam cloud sync doing it (or messing it up in some cases). this would also solve the case for the non-competitive match making where you see beginners with rocketeer talents :cheesygrin:
karumba
Supersonic

Next

Return to Help and Support