Connection Troubleshooting

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Postby Dirkened on Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:02 am

Connection problems with Rocket League could be the result of many different variables. Below you will find the most common fixes for user’s experiencing any of the following messages in game:

* “You are currently not connected to the Rocket League Servers”
* “Not Logged in to Rocket League Servers”
* “No servers online, Please try again later.”

__________________________________________________________________________________

Connecting to Servers from a Restricted Region
Disclaimer: Because of agreements with our online service provider, there are certain regions that are unable to connect to Rocket League’s online multiplayer component. As a result, server access is restricted in the following regions:

* Crimea
* Cuba
* Iran
* North Korea
* Sudan
* Syria

__________________________________________________________________________________

Troubleshooting your Firewall
Firewalls are a great tool when protecting your computer, but sometimes they can interfere with the way your PC communicates with the Rocket league servers. To determine if your Firewall is the culprit try disabling it temporarily and launching Rocket League.

To disable the Windows Firewall:

* Press the Windows key
* Type Windows Firewall in the search bar
* Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off
* Select both the Turn off Windows Firewall options are selected
* Select OK

Note: Exercise caution when using your computer without Firewall protection. Once you are finished diagnosing your connection problems it is recommended that you turn your Firewall back on.

Adding Exceptions to your Firewall[
If your connection problems are solved by disabling your Firewall, you can safely assume it is interfering with your connection. The best way to remedy this is to add an exception to your Firewall, which allows a program you designate to connect to your computer.

To add an exception to the Windows Firewall:

* Press the Windows key
* Type Windows Firewall in the search bar
* Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off
* Ensure both Turn on Windows Firewall options are selected
* Select OK
* Select Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall
* Check all boxes associated with Rocket League
- If you do not see Rocket League on the list, click Allow another program…
- Find Rocket League and Select Add
* Select OK

Syncing your Windows clock
Your Windows Clock must be in sync with the current time in order for our servers to verify connections. In order to avoid issues, please follow the solutions shown below:

* Right-click on your computer’s clock
* Choose Adjust date/time.
* Select the Internet Time tab
* Click the Change Settings button.
* Once the dialog box has appeared, select the Update Now button

Re-register your Dynamic-link Library Files
From the Microsoft website: Dynamic-link library files have a file extension of .dll. These are collections of routines that are stored until a program uses them. If these files are corrupt or out of date, they can cause problems with your computer. To fix this problem, re-register the .dll files by:

* Follow this Official Microsoft Fix It Tool link
* Click Run in the File Download dialog box
* Follow the steps in the wizard

Note: This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.

Confirm Internet Explorer is up to Date
Rocket League’s Windows client utilizes some of the settings the user has set in Internet Explorer (even if it is not your default browser), it is important that IE is up to date in order to connect to the Rocket League servers. Users experiencing errors should update IE using the latest download from Microsoft, available below:

Click Here to Update Internet Explorer

Verify Internet Explorer Privacy Settings are Set to Medium (or Below)
Rocket League’s Windows client utilizes some of the settings the user has set in Internet Explorer (even if it is not your default browser). In order for the client to connect to our server IE’s privacy settings may need to be adjusted, that can be done by following below:

* Close Rocket League
* Open Internet Explorer from your Start Menu
* Select the Tools (Cogwheel) button or press Alt + X
* Select Internet Options
* Select the Privacy Tab
* Move the Privacy Setting Slider down to Medium
* Select Apply and OK to apply your changes

Update Internet Explorer Security Protocol
If you are experiencing problems connecting, you may need to update your security protocols in Windows to disable certificate revocation and SSL 2.0 and 3.0 and enable TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2. In order to do this follow these steps:

* Close Rocket League
* Press the Windows Key on the keyboard
* Use the search bar and enter Internet Options
* Once in the Internet Options window, select the Content tab
* Click the Clear SSL state button
* Press OK on the popup confirmation window
* Select the Advanced tab
* Scroll down to find the SSL and TSL checkboxes
* Uncheck the boxes labeled:
Check for publisher’s certificate revocation
Check for server certificate revocation*
Use SSL 2.0
Use SSL 3.0
* Check the boxes labeled:
Use TLS 1.0
Use TLS 1.1
Use TLS 1.2
* Select Apply

Port Forwarding
In some cases a user’s router may be blocking communication with Rocket League servers. In order to bypass these measures you may need to manually forward these ports. Note: Every router is a little different, so if you run into problems with this guide try searching the support site for your router’s manufacturer for a more specialized guide on “Port Forwarding”.

* Acquire your IPv4 Address and Default Gateway
Press the Windows Key
Select All Programs
Select Accessories
Select Command Prompt
On command line type: ipconfig
Write down your IPv4 Address and your Default Gateway
* Access your Router’s Port Forwarding Page
Open your web browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
Type your Default Gateway into the URL Address bar
* Here you may be prompted with a popup window requesting your username and password
Most often the default username is admin and default password is password
If this is not your default password click this link: Router Usernames and Addresses and find your router.
* Once you have enter your router’s configuration page, look for a page called Port Forwarding
This may be called NAT, Port Mapping, or Virtual Servers
* Once you’ve reached the correct page, you can add entries for Rocket League using the following port ranges:
7000 – 9000 UDP (For Game Servers)
80 TCP (HTTP Connections)
443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)

Validating the Integrity of your Game Cache
NOTICE: After making any of the above changes, make sure you verify the integrity of the game cache within the Steam interface. To accomplish this:

* Open Steam
* Select Library tab
* Right-Click on Rocket League game
* Select Properties
* Selects Local Files tab
* Click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache… button
* Allow the validation process to complete
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Re: Connection Troubleshooting

Postby Mendosus1 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:23 pm

HI there.

I am having pretty bad connection problems with rocket league but they dont seem to be mentioned in your post. Every time I connect to an online game, the loading screen freezes and I am returned to the main menu with either error 42 or 59. It's pretty much 50/50 as to which error it will be.

I can connect to a game every once in a while (maybe 1 out of 15) and it runs fine with no issues, but then when I try to immediately play another game, I am taken back to the main menu with one of the two errors.

I really love the game and would love to start playing online which I can't realistically do at the moment. I should mention that I tried reinstalling the game with a little success, the first two games after the reinstall worked fine, but since then it's been back to square one. I tried reinstalling a second time with no benefit whatsoever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mendosus1
Supersonic

Region: EU

Postby strongsaltymatt on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:01 am

Tried all of this and none of it seems to work. I can't connect to the servers since I bought the game.

I also made a topic about a month ago or something but still no luck. Here it is: http://psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17640
strongsaltymatt
Supersonic

Steam ID: 1995Matthijs1995
Region: Nederland

Postby mRp0k3y on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:55 am

I have a strange one that is happening to me recently, i've always been plugged in via ethernet. works perfect, i had to move my PC and use wireless. It lags, now i have an ethernet cable connected again, the game runs fine but every now and then i get lag spikes or connection issues. Maybe a faulty cable?
mRp0k3y
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: mRp0k3y

Postby Dirkened on Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:55 pm

mRp0k3y wrote:I have a strange one that is happening to me recently, i've always been plugged in via ethernet. works perfect, i had to move my PC and use wireless. It lags, now i have an ethernet cable connected again, the game runs fine but every now and then i get lag spikes or connection issues. Maybe a faulty cable?

Could be, or it may be getting interference elsewhere.
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby corman44 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes nothing.

Recently, I have been encountering an issue where I can't join a game. I am connected to the servers and after I have found a game to join the loading screen switches to a black screen with "JOINING" and a spinning wheel. After 30 seconds of this black screen I am sent back to my home screen where I receive the following message: "Your game has timed out [Error: 71]".

I thought this issue always happened, but a few times I have experienced the black screen with "JOINING" for a few seconds and then the loading screen flashes and I enter the game. I have tried 20 times today to join games and the same issue occurs every time.

What I've tried:
-Selecting different game types
-Selecting different Regions for Servers
-Unsynching and Resynching with the Steam Cloud

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Corman44
corman44
Supersonic

Steam ID: dapohang
Region: US

Postby ChaosSpike on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Bought the game as a 4 game gift pack and sent it to my friends because I thought it looked amazing. Works for my friends not me. Problem 1 it is using my first name as my username for some reason and my username on steam is ChaosSpike and Account name is ChaosSpike17 so there is no reason for it to be using my first name. It may be tied to problem 2. Problem 2 is I was trying to play with my friend I bought it for. I click create party it claims I'm not logged into or connected to steam servers which I am clearly. If he uses the game/party invite option to me I accept but it fails because he is inviting me from a different game then I am playing which again I am not. Tried the fire wall "Fixes" and others wtf is going on here really frustrated.
ChaosSpike
Supersonic

Steam ID: ChaosSpike17

Postby Dirkened on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:47 pm

corman44 wrote:Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes nothing.

Recently, I have been encountering an issue where I can't join a game. I am connected to the servers and after I have found a game to join the loading screen switches to a black screen with "JOINING" and a spinning wheel. After 30 seconds of this black screen I am sent back to my home screen where I receive the following message: "Your game has timed out [Error: 71]".

I thought this issue always happened, but a few times I have experienced the black screen with "JOINING" for a few seconds and then the loading screen flashes and I enter the game. I have tried 20 times today to join games and the same issue occurs every time.

What I've tried:
-Selecting different game types
-Selecting different Regions for Servers
-Unsynching and Resynching with the Steam Cloud

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Corman44

You may want to try the port forwarding suggestions as slated above:
Port Forwarding
In some cases a user’s router may be blocking communication with Rocket League servers. In order to bypass these measures you may need to manually forward these ports. Note: Every router is a little different, so if you run into problems with this guide try searching the support site for your router’s manufacturer for a more specialized guide on “Port Forwarding”.

* Acquire your IPv4 Address and Default Gateway
Press the Windows Key
Select All Programs
Select Accessories
Select Command Prompt
On command line type: ipconfig
Write down your IPv4 Address and your Default Gateway
* Access your Router’s Port Forwarding Page
Open your web browser (ex. Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
Type your Default Gateway into the URL Address bar
* Here you may be prompted with a popup window requesting your username and password
Most often the default username is admin and default password is password
If this is not your default password click this link: Router Usernames and Addresses and find your router.
* Once you have enter your router’s configuration page, look for a page called Port Forwarding
This may be called NAT, Port Mapping, or Virtual Servers
* Once you’ve reached the correct page, you can add entries for Rocket League using the following port ranges:
7000 – 9000 UDP (For Game Servers)
80 TCP (HTTP Connections)
443 TCP (HTTPS Connections)

if not, go through the list and see what may help out

ChaosSpike wrote:Bought the game as a 4 game gift pack and sent it to my friends because I thought it looked amazing. Works for my friends not me. Problem 1 it is using my first name as my username for some reason and my username on steam is ChaosSpike and Account name is ChaosSpike17 so there is no reason for it to be using my first name. It may be tied to problem 2. Problem 2 is I was trying to play with my friend I bought it for. I click create party it claims I'm not logged into or connected to steam servers which I am clearly. If he uses the game/party invite option to me I accept but it fails because he is inviting me from a different game then I am playing which again I am not. Tried the fire wall "Fixes" and others wtf is going on here really frustrated.

This has happened to a few people and there were a couple of potential solutions out there, hopefully one will help you. Also, it was suggested that this happened due to players' steam and their updater being out of sync, thus creating a problem with Steam services
1. Fully log out and back into Steam
2. Opt out of Steam beta
3. Run Steam in admin mode
4. If you're opening steam from your desktop, delete that and go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam (or wherever your steam is located) and open steam up from that location
5. Completely uninstall and reinstall Steam

hope these work out!
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby ChaosSpike on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks for the help, it was a issue steam had become stuck somehow with a update I had to run in administrator and force a update and refresh the files!
ChaosSpike
Supersonic

Steam ID: ChaosSpike17

Postby Dirkened on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:19 pm

ChaosSpike wrote:Thanks for the help, it was a issue steam had become stuck somehow with a update I had to run in administrator and force a update and refresh the files!

good to hear, thanks for the update!
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby salah_erosennin on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:21 am

Disclaimer: Because of agreements with our online service provider, there are certain regions that are unable to connect to Rocket League’s online multiplayer component. As a result, server access is restricted in the following regions:

* Crimea
* Cuba
* Iran
* North Korea
* Sudan
* Syria

Is there any hope that you may change your online service provider?! As Iran has a lot of Steam and PSN users, which bought this game and can't reach your beautiful game's servers! I actually tried using VPN, but even that didn't matter! What should I do?! :cry:
salah_erosennin
Supersonic

PSN ID: salah_erosennin
Steam ID: salah_erosennin

Postby Dirkened on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:48 pm

salah_erosennin wrote:

* Crimea
* Cuba
* Iran
* North Korea
* Sudan
* Syria

Is there any hope that you may change your online service provider?! As Iran has a lot of Steam and PSN users, which bought this game and can't reach your beautiful game's servers! I actually tried using VPN, but even that didn't matter! What should I do?! :cry:

While I can't speak for Psyonix officially, it would be great if we could have RL available for everyone. Although, the logistics behind that may be a lot for our small team for the time being
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby iMahyar77 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:47 pm

I bought the game today. I was so happy and excited. but not for long.

Why?

because I found out that I CAN"T PLAY ONLINE.

why?

Because your game's servers are NOT OPEN to people from IRAN like me. I searched in google and YES, all Iranians have these problems.

it's not really cool that you do Sanctions on a simple video game. it's a game for god's sake. Iranians aren't you enemies or zombies either. we won't kill you if we play too.

The game would have been SO much better if you weren't RACIST to Iranians.
:(

(and the error I get is simple : YOU are not logged in our servers. and it won't join anytime I try. do it's your doing. not me)

the moment you buy a game and can't play it because the dude doesn't want people like you to play.......
iMahyar77
Supersonic

Postby iMahyar77 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:31 am

Dirkened wrote:
salah_erosennin wrote:

* Crimea
* Cuba
* Iran
* North Korea
* Sudan
* Syria

While I can't speak for Psyonix officially, it would be great if we could have RL available for everyone. Although, the logistics behind that may be a lot for our small team for the time being

Please do everything you can for people like us to be able to play too. It really isn't fair! :(
please try....
iMahyar77
Supersonic

Postby jacoolest on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Using Steam I've been playing online for two days, but now can't connect. I've gone through all the regular troubleshooting and haven't had any success. Oddly enough, I had a video playing on a second monitor and found that whenever I opened the game the video would not load. I also tried loading a normal webpage while the game was open, to no avail. Why might this be? Any suggestions or is a bigger game update needed?
jacoolest
Supersonic

Steam ID: jacoolest
Region: United States

Postby Dirkened on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:54 pm

jacoolest wrote:Using Steam I've been playing online for two days, but now can't connect. I've gone through all the regular troubleshooting and haven't had any success. Oddly enough, I had a video playing on a second monitor and found that whenever I opened the game the video would not load. I also tried loading a normal webpage while the game was open, to no avail. Why might this be? Any suggestions or is a bigger game update needed?

Did you install anything specific then that might have restricted Rocket League's access?
If you haven't tried updating your GPU drivers, I'd suggest giving that a go, and if you did, try to roll back to previous versions.
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Guifre on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi guys,

After having tried all things mentioned on the forum, website and steam group, I can't play online. I bought this game to play it with friends, and the only way I can conect to the RL servers it's restarting my computer. Once I close the game, if I want to play online again, I can't connect to the servers and have to reset my computer again, and sometimes even this operation don't work.

If I can't play this game online it worths nothing. No posible solution founded yet, and i bought the game 28th of December 2015. I am on EU servers, my steam ID is : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996817550/.

Need help guys.

Thanks you in advance
Guifre
Supersonic

Steam ID: Miquelets_Guifré
Region: EU

Postby Gilly on Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Ive tried all of the fixs on this page and all of the fix's on youtube. none of these work. I am still getting the not connected to servers error. Please Help!!!

my steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/id/OfficerGilly/home

I am in US on EST

I got this game a few days ago and it worked the night I got it but After that this error came up PLEASE HELP
Gilly
Supersonic

Steam ID: Gilly
Region: United States

Postby Dirkened on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Gilly wrote:Ive tried all of the fixs on this page and all of the fix's on youtube. none of these work. I am still getting the not connected to servers error. Please Help!!!

my steam ID http://steamcommunity.com/id/OfficerGilly/home

I am in US on EST

I got this game a few days ago and it worked the night I got it but After that this error came up PLEASE HELP

Check to make sure no 3rd party software is blocking your connection and that you have portforwarded properly (check your modem/router as well)
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby get_voice on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:37 am

Got a problem connecting to servers on PS4.

Hit "Play online" - "Find match" and there is is Error "You are currently not connected to the Rocket League servers. Would you like to reconnet?". And I cant even choose "Yes".

I'm currently in China. Thought may be its a problem, but China is not on the ban list. And other online games work ok, like Bloodborn of Destiny.

Help?
get_voice
Supersonic

PSN ID: Dmitry_Dmitriev

Next

Return to Help and Support