Issues with the new update, please help!!!!

Post any technical issues you experience with the game here.

Issues with the new update, please help!!!!

Postby JamieDaCosta on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:16 am

Hey guys, I hope you're all good!

The new graphics etc look great but there are a few issues with the update unfortunately

The chat feature seems to have gone a bit messed up, the only person who can hear anyone is the host, everyone else cannot hear anyone speaking and we have tried numerous things to counteract this including restarting the game, restarting our headsets and so on but still with no luck

The other thing is the lack of a pre match lobby, there are around 20 of us who at least 6 will play for hours on a daily basis, we cannot set up a lobby and wait for others and the no private match feature is a major issue too as we have randoms joining when we start a game

If you can help us on these issues thatd be great, the lobby one can be worked around in the meantime but the chat issue is a major issue as it takes out a lot of the fun for us due to banter reasons and what not and isnt the same without it!

We simply cannot play it without having the chat feature

Please, please, please help us, our lives aren't the same without Rocket Cars! :ohwell:

Thank you for your time

J

:octane:
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

PSN ID: JamieDaCosta
Region: EU

Re: Issues with the new update, please help!!!!

Postby footballfrenzy17 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:52 am

Glad I found this actually!
I agree with the chat feature. That was definitely the easiest way to communicate. And I think a lot of people actually used it. I for one did, with multiple people. Chat on SARPBC was the entire reason I bought a mic in the first place, and that cost me £20-30!
I understand that you have an incredible amount on your plate at the moment, Psyonix, so take your time about it, we'll all still be here. But it's definitely a lot more difficult to play with friends without it.
Like JamieDaCosta said above, The graphics look great, the cars moves well (I've played RL so I'm used to it) and interactions have certainly been improved. Great update, but I'd love to see the mic introduced again.
Thanks Psyonix, keep being awesome :D
Calum
footballfrenzy17
Supersonic

PSN ID: footballfrenzy17
Region: Both

Postby JamieDaCosta on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:58 am

footballfrenzy17 wrote:Glad I found this actually!
I agree with the chat feature. That was definitely the easiest way to communicate. And I think a lot of people actually used it. I for one did, with multiple people. Chat on SARPBC was the entire reason I bought a mic in the first place, and that cost me £20-30!
I understand that you have an incredible amount on your plate at the moment, Psyonix, so take your time about it, we'll all still be here. But it's definitely a lot more difficult to play with friends without it.
Like JamieDaCosta said above, The graphics look great, the cars moves well (I've played RL so I'm used to it) and interactions have certainly been improved. Great update, but I'd love to see the mic introduced again.
Thanks Psyonix, keep being awesome :D
Calum

Spot on Calum, this needs to be sorted out as soon as possible, please!!!!
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

Postby DeathBringer7891 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:08 am

Yeah this needs to be sorted pronto!! I like playing the game with my mates and chatting was the whole reason. You can't play the game without a bit of banter or in silence. It doesn't feel right. Please sort the problem out guys, it would be much appreciated from all of us. Keep up the good work Psyonix

Lorenzo
DeathBringer7891
Supersonic

PSN ID: DeathBringer7891

Postby JamieDaCosta on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 am

DeathBringer7891 wrote:Yeah this needs to be sorted pronto!! I like playing the game with my mates and chatting was the whole reason. You can't play the game without a bit of banter or in silence. It doesn't feel right. Please sort the problem out guys, it would be much appreciated from all of us. Keep up the good work Psyonix

Lorenzo

Im glad im not the only one, or one of the only ones, I didnt think people cared much but it seems they do!

I echo deathbringers sentiments, keep up the good work but please try and patch the mic thing asap, pleaseeeeeee! :(
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

Postby Revamp on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Mic issues - When someone it talking it goes like this "H???Y G???YS" He was trying to say "Hey Guys" and I don't really have a problem with that, I mean he could get a better internet connection or something, I don't really know.
Revamp
Supersonic

PSN ID: TrickZys
Steam ID: oChubz
Region: US

Postby Zied11 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:47 am

Hey,

I'm having trouble too, and it is making the game really unplayable;

-First off, I can't see the ball's shadow, which makes it pretty hard. I tried playing solo and I had no problems, but online there's no shadows for the ball, although there are for the cars. I can also see it in the replay, while I'm sure I didn't get it ingame.

-When I browse the server list, I just see a lot of games with only one player, and some with more than one, this is really annoying, add to that the fact that I couldn't connect to 11 servers, but that may be something with my connection, although it worked great before, I'll check again another day for this one to tell if it's due to my internet.
Steam ID: Sonnix PSN ID: ZiedSonnix
Zied11
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: ZiedSonnix
Steam ID: Sonnix

Postby RAHTRICKRAH on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:58 am

Footballfrenzy18, JamieDaNero, Jimbo0bJones etc
RAHTRICKRAH
Acrobatic

PSN ID: Guess

Postby JamieDaCosta on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:07 am

RAHTRICKRAH wrote:Footballfrenzy18, JamieDaNero, Jimbo0bJones etc

????????????
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:39 pm

We're working on these. Thanks guys!
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Postby JamieDaCosta on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We're working on these. Thanks guys!

Ah wicked, cheers mate, I really appreciate the acknowledgement, its nice to know we're not being ignored :)

Thank you and all the best, we look forward to hearing from you

Peace :yaypsyonix:

:octane:
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

Postby Piratecapn on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

the only real issue is the chat, its sorta working but its weird some can hear but cant be heard, and it doesnt seem host related cuz im hosting a game atm and 1 player of 3 cannot hear me, i hear everyone even when i wasnt hosting i could hear everyone but only one guy could hear me, he had to relay everything that i said. it was frustrating cuz we are constantly talkin over each other. it has gotten better then it was right after update so keep doin what ur doin, i miss yakkin wit the sarp family
yes im a real life pirate.
Piratecapn
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: piratecapn
Region: us

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi Capn,

The voice works from the server list but not from joining from the friends list.
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Piratecapn on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:25 pm

ok jerad check this, we got all the mikes workin where we could sorta hear and talk but my game play lag became horrible, consant red conect but ableto kinda talk and hear everyone, is the audio and gameplay two seperate servers or what cuz it seems if one is good the other suffers, i had a great connect but miks didnt work, when they worked i couldnt play, i do hope my ravings and infoisnt an annoyance and maybe even might help, if there is any way i can do more please let me know, we just want the game the way it was before. i know your workin it bud, hope im helpin
yes im a real life pirate.
Piratecapn
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: piratecapn
Region: us

Postby JamieDaCosta on Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:00 am

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Hi Capn,

The voice works from the server list but not from joining from the friends list.

Hi Jerad, a few of us tried to join via the server rather than via join a friend but like Capn said, you can hear some people but not others and vice versa, its all a bit hit and miss on the chat side of things

Also just to reiterate, we're just trying to do a game amongst ourselves and its problematic that random people are joining whilst we are waiting for our other friends to join which is why the private match option is a big miss for us right now

Either way, cheers for your help so far and we'll continue to support you guys no matter what!

J
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:35 am

Was everyone from a fresh boot of the game, or had some people been playing with others before your game? Does it work for everyone from a fresh boot of the game?
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby JamieDaCosta on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:43 am

Psyonix-Jerad wrote:Was everyone from a fresh boot of the game, or had some people been playing with others before your game? Does it work for everyone from a fresh boot of the game?

It was a fresh boot and we all tried to time it as quick as possible so to avoid randoms joining
JamieDaCosta
Supersonic

Postby oogablooga on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:26 pm

Personally I don't use voice chat, so I'll leave that to you guys to talk about. I have two issues with the new patch:

1. Graphical distortions when playing online: anytime I turn my car, I get horizontal distortions across parts of my screen. Two of four people I have talked to are also experiencing this issue ( psn IDs: Dee_stein , and Phantom_in_bl )

2. There is no shadow on the ball online. This is an essential part of gameplay we have been using for years, and totally messes up lots of plays.

Please address whether these issues will be/can be fixed.
oogablooga
Supersonic

PSN ID: wrcp
Region: US

Return to Help