E-waste disposal methods???

Discuss other games, movies, or anything you like. Pants optional.

E-waste disposal methods???

Postby Lianne_gray on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:36 pm

As the world is developing, the humans are behind the latest technologies. Electronics is the field where rapid improvement is seen. Thus, the chance for e-wastes dumped into the environment can be more. When these wastes are disposed of without proper care the toxic substances from items such as computers, printers, televisions, cell phones could be harmful.

Proper management and recycling methods can save our environment from these dangerous effects. The 3rs reduce, reuse, recycle are the great ways to eliminate waste. Some methods are:
1) By donating or selling the old equipment that is still in working condition.
2) By returning the old electronics to the manufacturer so that they can recycle them.
3) Proper maintenance of the electronic products can increase the life cycle.

I am residing in Canada. In our residential area, the municipal facility collects the waste twice in a week. They collect all the HHW's except the electronic waste. I had a Dell Vostro 200 series desktop computer. But unfortunately from the past one year, it is not working and I had to buy a laptop. I would love to dispose the old one to save space. While surfing online I came across a dumpster rental service which accepts such electronic wastes. Should I go with them? Is there any way I can reuse them? I would like to hear your suggestions too. Please do share it here. Thanks in advance.
Lianne_gray
Supersonic

Re: E-waste disposal methods???

Postby AlexCuse44 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:34 pm

I know this is the off topic section but this is the most off topic post I've seen since i joined the forums. As for your E-waste problem, I sadly have no input or suggestions.
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Lianne_gray on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 pm

I kindly understand your concern, Alex. Anyway thanks for your valuable time.
Lianne_gray
Supersonic

Postby AlexCuse44 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Lianne_gray wrote:I kindly understand your concern, Alex. Anyway thanks for your valuable time.

I just feel that you're in the wrong place with that question. Other forums or a quick google search will have more informed answers then we can ever bring. It's not that i don't want to help, it's just I don't have the information to answer.
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Return to Off-Topic