The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpate!

Discuss other games, movies, or anything you like. Pants optional.

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Eriquo on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I remember when this old thing first began. Good times.
Image
sarpbcIScrack wrote:i will be adding lube tonight when i get home around 6pm my time.
Eriquo
???????????
User avatar
???????????
 
Posts: 6734
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada
PSN ID: Vascotto8
Region: NA/EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby JacobThePigeon on Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:00 am

Eriquo wrote:I remember when this old thing first began. Good times.

Which part of Toronto are you from?
(If you don't mind me asking)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -


Image
Image
JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:15 am

I was in Toronto a few months ago during our trip to Niagara Falls. We didn't see much in the city unfortunately since my parents got lost and we just kinda left lol

hope deceased comes back soon :(
Image
#̶r̶o̶a̶d̶t̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶a̶c̶l̶e̶s̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶r̶e̶p̶
#roadtonorep ?
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST
Switch Friend Code: 1

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Midremit on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:34 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:
hope deceased comes back soon :(


This.

Where on earth is he?
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:40 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:We didn't see much in the city unfortunately since my parents got lost and we just kinda left lol


Sounds like every family vacation lol
Image
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 905
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm
Location: Tokyo Underpass
Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:
hope deceased come back soon :(


Why the sad smile!? You got to meet Dir"Fan Ambassador"Kened! Whenever you feel down, remember that and everything will magically turn into rainbows!!!!!!!

Midremit wrote:This.

Where on earth are they?


Biding our time, awaiting the opportune moment to snatch that fat 10,000th post!

I am also making preparations to stream SARPBC (seems that the graphics card in my laptop dates back to the Mayan period). You two will be the first to be invited (another attempt to procure my two viewers)
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Midremit on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 pm

The_deceased wrote:
I am also making preparations to stream SARPBC (seems that the graphics card in my laptop dates back to the Mayan period). You two will be the first to be invited (another attempt to procure my two viewers)


:| I've been playing RL for two months now, don't know whether I'll be able to actually hit the ball on sarpbc.

Invite me via the forum then, as I'm not regurarly on the ps3 anymore :p
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Midremit wrote: :| I've been playing RL for two months now, don't know whether I'll be able to actually hit the ball on sarpbc.

Invite me via the forum then, as I'm not regurarly on the ps3 anymore :p


First you have discovered the existence of girls, and then you have graduated, and now you are saying that you have been playing Rocket League for two months!? May Midramit, the SARPro, rest his skills in peace.

How do you like Rocket League so far?
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Midremit on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 am

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote: :| I've been playing RL for two months now, don't know whether I'll be able to actually hit the ball on sarpbc.

Invite me via the forum then, as I'm not regurarly on the ps3 anymore :p


First you have discovered the existence of girls, and then you have graduated, and now you are saying that you have been playing Rocket League for two months!? May Midramit, the SARPro, rest his skills in peace.

How do you like Rocket League so far?


Well, the disregard of the art of conceding 2 goals before coming back which I - sorry for the arrogance - master (it's my playstyle) is astounding. Way too many ragers/people giving up for the game to be likeable at the level that I am at (diamond 3, div 2/3), as well as the gameplay itself. It's just funny that the devs wanted to create a game where teamplay is most important yet you notice that 90% doesn't realise how to even remotely properly rotate, which isn't the hardest thing to do is it?
I usually study patterns of the opposing team/teammates during the first two minutes, then adapt and play accordingly looking for ways to win. That's why I always look bad in the beginning of games (and concede sometimes due to me not paying full attention to my own position), although maybe I just am shit pure skillwise.

Reason I play it is for the competitiveness that is lacking in sarpbc, unfortunately, and the fact that real life friends are playing it, so playing with them and seeing them improve is also nice...

About my sarpbc skills, Le mid never dies. Gimme a week and I'm back :pimp:

Seriously, count me in for some sarpbc games whenever you want
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 pm

The_deceased wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:hope deceased come back soon :(

Why the sad smile!? You got to meet Dir"Fan Ambassador"Kened! Whenever you feel down, remember that and everything will magically turn into rainbows!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK
your presence turned that into a rainbow!

I also got to meet mr. Ryanistic himself


welcome to RL midremit :cheesygrin: congrats on your success climbing the ladder so quickly. It's almost as if you have played another carball game for several years :octane:
what is rotation?
Image
#̶r̶o̶a̶d̶t̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶a̶c̶l̶e̶s̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶r̶e̶p̶
#roadtonorep ?
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST
Switch Friend Code: 1

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Midremit wrote:Well, the disregard of the art of conceding 2 goals before coming back which I - sorry for the arrogance - master (it's my playstyle) is astounding. Way too many ragers/people giving up for the game to be likeable at the level that I am at (diamond 3, div 2/3), as well as the gameplay itself. It's just funny that the devs wanted to create a game where teamplay is most important yet you notice that 90% doesn't realise how to even remotely properly rotate, which isn't the hardest thing to do is it?
I usually study patterns of the opposing team/teammates during the first two minutes, then adapt and play accordingly looking for ways to win. That's why I always look bad in the beginning of games (and concede sometimes due to me not paying full attention to my own position), although maybe I just am shit pure skillwise.

Reason I play it is for the competitiveness that is lacking in sarpbc, unfortunately, and the fact that real life friends are playing it, so playing with them and seeing them improve is also nice...

About my sarpbc skills, Le mid never dies. Gimme a week and I'm back :pimp:

Seriously, count me in for some sarpbc games whenever you want


So, to defeat you, I have to concede two goals before you do! And the game is just too fast for almost everyone to be able to keep track of everything around them, even after the developers have slowed it down a lot. I guess just hitting the ball up field randomly to create opportunity is the lazy thing to do, which is exactly what I do most of the time, (°ل͜°)

And why would the developers expect the community to rotate properly if they cannot rotate themselves (I bet they don't know how to)!?

And competitiveness in SARPBC is extremely hard to come by, but still having fun showing new punks how the old schoolers get things done. I still get served by said new punks at times, which means i still got ways to go before I am back into shape.

And you better stick with Rocket League as the change in camera might seriously ruin the game for you

More like count me in for some RL games whenever you want. Also feel free to invite your friends we can do private games

----___--------------___----------------__-------_---_-.......

zGreenMachine- wrote:WELCOME BACK
your presence turned that into a rainbow!

I also got to meet mr. Ryanistic himself


welcome to RL midremit :cheesygrin: congrats on your success climbing the ladder so quickly. It's almost as if you have played another carball game for several years :octane:
what is rotation?


You met the Ryanistic, too!? Seems like a double rainbow is in order!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

And thank you for the colourful welcome! I just drop by every other month to see how things are with the game and the community (and of course to hear from you two and to keep watch as to claim that 10k post[!]![/!]
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Midremit on Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:35 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:

welcome to RL midremit :cheesygrin: congrats on your success climbing the ladder so quickly. It's almost as if you have played another carball game for several years :octane:
what is rotation?


:scarab: :pimp:

It only helps me so far. I'm seriously shit skillwise.
Played some 3v3's today with champions... Got utterly schooled an although I've only been playing for 1.5 months, the gap was shocking.
I could always go back to sarpbc to see what I can do there with the adventurous ps3 players

The_deceased wrote:
So, to defeat you, I have to concede two goals before you do! And the game is just too fast for almost everyone to be able to keep track of everything around them, even after the developers have slowed it down a lot. I guess just hitting the ball up field randomly to create opportunity is the lazy thing to do, which is exactly what I do most of the time, (°ل͜°)

And why would the developers expect the community to rotate properly if they cannot rotate themselves (I bet they don't know how to)!?

And competitiveness in SARPBC is extremely hard to come by, but still having fun showing new punks how the old schoolers get things done. I still get served by said new punks at times, which means i still got ways to go before I am back into shape.

And you better stick with Rocket League as the change in camera might seriously ruin the game for you

More like count me in for some RL games whenever you want. Also feel free to invite your friends we can do private games


Nah, I prefer sarpbc to face you. The change in camera? I imagine it feels like 10 Rum cola's hitting you at the same time, so I should be able to adapt :banaride:
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Midremit wrote:
zGreenMachine- wrote:

welcome to RL midremit :cheesygrin: congrats on your success climbing the ladder so quickly. It's almost as if you have played another carball game for several years :octane:
what is rotation?


:scarab: :pimp:

It only helps me so far. I'm seriously shit skillwise.
Played some 3v3's today with champions... Got utterly schooled an although I've only been playing for 1.5 months, the gap was shocking.
I could always go back to sarpbc to see what I can do there with the adventurous ps3 players



I can attest to that! Your residual skills will only get you so far. It is like veteran CS GO players playing other FPS games, like Overwatch—it doesn't matter how good their aim is if their opponents are hiding behind a Reinhardt's shield. This is the reason why the higher you move up the ranks, the greater the emphasis on strategy, creativity and teamwork will be.

Away with you and your assumptions, zeGreenMachine (°ل͜°), but not before we hit the 10k!

And to answer your question regarding rotation (whatever that thing looks like), never forget That Moment

Midremit wrote:Nah, I prefer sarpbc to face you. The change in camera? I imagine it feels like 10 Rum cola's hitting you at the same time, so I should be able to adapt :banaride:


More like 10 truckloads! I played SARP with the black hurrah before and after he played Rocket League. Let me tell you that he changed, not sure whether for the better or the worse, though. But change is certain. Do reconsider!
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Midremit on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:52 am

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:Nah, I prefer sarpbc to face you. The change in camera? I imagine it feels like 10 Rum cola's hitting you at the same time, so I should be able to adapt :banaride:


More like 10 truckloads! I played SARP with the black hurrah before and after he played Rocket League. Let me tell you that he changed, not sure whether for the better or the worse, though. But change is certain. Do reconsider!


Lel, just realised I haven't played sarpbc for almost a year now, and I've always been dire when I had skipped a month or 2.

It's your opportunity to finally beat me convincingly!
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 pm

Midremit wrote:Lel, just realised I haven't played sarpbc for almost a year now, and I've always been dire when I had skipped a month or 2.

It's your opportunity to finally beat me convincingly!


I would, but I don't want to get banned for abusive behaviour (O°ل͜°O) This is why I want to beat you in Rocket League—to keep your defeat within the acceptable norm!

And just realized that, in Rocket League, I am like a car that can hit top speed in a fraction of a second, except that its maximum speed is like 58 km/h :dork:
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby Midremit on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:03 am

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:Lel, just realised I haven't played sarpbc for almost a year now, and I've always been dire when I had skipped a month or 2.

It's your opportunity to finally beat me convincingly!


I would, but I don't want to get banned for abusive behaviour (O°ل͜°O) This is why I want to beat you in Rocket League—to keep your defeat within the acceptable norm!

And just realized that, in Rocket League, I am like a car that can hit top speed in a fraction of a second, except that its maximum speed is like 58 km/h :dork:


Allright, add me on steam then, you know the name ;)

And... What does that second thing you wrote mean? :mrgreen:
Image
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm
PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Midremit wrote:
The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:Lel, just realised I haven't played sarpbc for almost a year now, and I've always been dire when I had skipped a month or 2.

It's your opportunity to finally beat me convincingly!


I would, but I don't want to get banned for abusive behaviour (O°ل͜°O) This is why I want to beat you in Rocket League—to keep your defeat within the acceptable norm!

And just realized that, in Rocket League, I am like a car that can hit top speed in a fraction of a second, except that its maximum speed is like 58 km/h :dork:


Allright, add me on steam then, you know the name ;)

And... What does that second thing you wrote mean? :mrgreen:


Steam! I will beat you from console. Expect an invitation today

And you will understand what I mean when we play today I hope it would make sense to me as well
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:37 am

The_deceased wrote:And to answer your question regarding rotation (whatever that thing looks like), never forget That Moment

well! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through that :cheesygrin: With my newfound knowledge I will hit grand champ in no time ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Image
#̶r̶o̶a̶d̶t̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶a̶c̶l̶e̶s̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶r̶e̶p̶
#roadtonorep ?
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
User avatar
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:21 pm
PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST
Switch Friend Code: 1

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:well! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through that :cheesygrin: With my newfound knowledge I will hit grand champ in no time ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)


Vitamin-supplemented machine!
So far, we have Cycle Defense and Cycle Assist. All we need now is Cycle Attack!
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby The_deceased on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:37 am

https://www.eyesocialeyes.com/color-iq/

Perfect score! Looks like my eyes are smarter than me, :dork:
Image
Image
Image
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
User avatar
Missile-Guided
 
Posts: 1701
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am
PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)
Switch Friend Code: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest