The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpate!

Discuss other games, movies, or anything you like. Pants optional.

Re: The Off-Topic Thread 5: Now With More People to Particpa

Postby zGreenMachine- on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Looks more like a lizard to me but i can see the resemblance. It also looks like a whole bunch of nope to me :P Marvelous yes but I don't particulary enjoy physical contact with insects and other creepy crawlies.

You must have a bunch of freetime at work to find all of these nifty critters (°ل͜°) I do too but unfortunately it's because they're cutting our hours. The joys of working retail!
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby Petoskey97 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Here is a picture of a Turtle Burger.

Psyonix Support - Mega Help Thread - Thanks for using the forums! - Xbox Ambassador
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

GamerTag: Petoskey97
Region: US

Postby The_deceased on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:Looks more like a lizard to me but i can see the resemblance. It also looks like a whole bunch of nope to me :P Marvelous yes but I don't particulary enjoy physical contact with insects and other creepy crawlies.

You must have a bunch of freetime at work to find all of these nifty critters (°ل͜°) I do too but unfortunately it's because they're cutting our hours. The joys of working retail!

You can't tell unless you see them in person! All your fears will fade away once you find the right insect for you.

And I am definitely putting company time to good use, (°ل͜°) I spend most of my time at work doing actual work, but I am just trying to sound cool/relevant to the current generation.

And you should tell us more about your retail work. Seriously, who would have thought that the tiny kid partially visible behind a counter is a Grand Champion in a video game!

Petoskey97 wrote:Here is a picture of a Turtle Burger.

You can tell it is fake because the shape of the shadow doesn't match that of the burger tortoise!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: The_deceased
Region: (US-E/EU/ME)

Postby Petoskey97 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 am

FAKE?!? No way dude, that's totally legit.
Psyonix Support - Mega Help Thread - Thanks for using the forums! - Xbox Ambassador
Petoskey97
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

GamerTag: Petoskey97
Region: US

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:59 pm

The_deceased wrote:And I am definitely putting company time to good use, (°ل͜°) I spend most of my time at work doing actual work, but I am just trying to sound cool/relevant to the current generation.[/size]

And you should tell us more about your retail work. Seriously, who would have thought that the tiny kid partially visible behind a counter is a Grand Champion in a video game!

I thought that was a bunch of underscores of something but otherwise the effect worked as intended! You do sound like quite the groovy dude! I'm not very hip myself, I don't think groovy is used by kids these days? Or hip. I should stop

More about my work. OK. Ummm I don't like standing in one spot for 8 hours dealing with all of the different problems that people have for minimal pay and no benefits? Something like that :laugh: If only my customers knew my secret! Then they would treat me differently :twisted:

I used to have an internship programming and I can't say I did actual work for 8 hours straight either when I had the entire internet at my disposal (°ل͜°) Millennials am I right?
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby The_deceased on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 am

Not dead yet! Well, technically speaking.

Petoskey97 wrote:FAKE?!? No way dude, that's totally legit.

If that one is legitimate, then so is this!

zGreenMachine- wrote:
I thought that was a bunch of underscores of something but otherwise the effect worked as intended! You do sound like quite the groovy dude! I'm not very hip myself, I don't think groovy is used by kids these days? Or hip. I should stop

More about my work. OK. Ummm I don't like standing in one spot for 8 hours dealing with all of the different problems that people have for minimal pay and no benefits? Something like that :laugh: If only my customers knew my secret! Then they would treat me differently :twisted:

I used to have an internship programming and I can't say I did actual work for 8 hours straight either when I had the entire internet at my disposal (°ل͜°) Millennials am I right?

Let's see if you can read this one!

_ ___ __ ___ _______ _________ _ ___ ____ ____ ____.. Never mind. Those are actually underscores, (°ل͜°)

And you are a groovy kid yourself. Too bad you (including few cool groovy kids new to the forums) weren't here with us back in the good ol'SARPBC days. And can anyone get any work done with the internet? I know I can.

And what are you on about!? Minimal pay is a benefit! Truly an ungrateful millennial you turned out to be, (°ل͜°)
And customers don't care about your Season 3 standing; It is all about season 4 now!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:06 pm

And now it actually was a bunch of underscores :roll: Bamboozled once again!
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby The_deceased on Wed May 03, 2017 8:27 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:And now it actually was a bunch of underscores :roll: Bamboozled once again!

Get juked on the official forums, kid!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Wed May 03, 2017 11:06 am

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:

And I still have Ibiza upcoming...

Whenever you are about to booze, take a look at this:
[i ]!^[\i]

And what's Ibiza? Sounds like an admission test to some obscure college that no one knows about/everyone makes fun of, (°ل͜°)

Just got back from that Island. It's a place that takes your voice away, or at least mine.
The things that happened there also make me wonder already which it was real or not... Pretty mystical place or is it the people that make it so?

Also glad it was very easy to resist the smartphone, being drunk for 5 nights/4 days straight would be tempting the "[i ]!^[\i]" fate too much.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midremit
Region: Europe

Postby The_deceased on Mon May 08, 2017 7:08 am

Midremit wrote:
Just got back from that Island. It's a place that takes your voice away, or at least mine.
The things that happened there also make me wonder already which it was real or not... Pretty mystical place or is it the people that make it so?

Also glad it was very easy to resist the smartphone, being drunk for 5 nights/4 days straight would be tempting the "[i ]!^[\i]" fate too much.

I guess it also took away your sense of humor[i ]!^[\i]

And you have changed.
Pre-Ibiza Midremit > post-Ibiza Midremit.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Tue May 16, 2017 3:57 am

The_deceased wrote:
Midremit wrote:

I guess it also took away your sense of humor[i ]!^[\i]

And you have changed.
Pre-Ibiza Midremit > post-Ibiza Midremit.

And you have changed.

Absolutely.
I'm temporarily playing RL.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Wed May 17, 2017 6:53 am

Midremit wrote:
Absolutely.
I'm temporarily playing RL.

I don't know who you are anymore! Actually, I don't think that I ever knew who you were to begin with, (°ل͜°)

And how much do you hate Rocket League?
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby zGreenMachine- on Wed May 17, 2017 11:13 pm

I take it both of you don't enjoy RL that much?
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby The_deceased on Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am

zGreenMachine- wrote:I take it both of you don't enjoy RL that much?

Guess this calls for another...

SARPBC-vs-RL thread!
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Thu May 18, 2017 2:34 pm

zGreenMachine- wrote:I take it both of you don't enjoy RL that much?

I can't play RL at home (no decent enough pc or ps4 and I'm not going to buy either one to play a game).
It's just that I'm studying abroad and there's this guy who brought his ps4 so I'm playing it at his place sometimes.

May have played 40hrs in total, not more.

As to answer your question:

I'm not sure. I guess I enjoy the fact that it's a lot more competitive than sarpbc for the past 1 or 2 years, so that's a plus.
The game itself however just doesn't feel right to me, but that's to be expected if one has only played the amount of minutes I have.

I guess I would much rather play sarpbc with some old friends though.

@Deceased:
Don't hate it, though I do loathe the forfeiting. They also took away my favourite map with their latest patch, so that sucks.
But I'm happy I can play something similar to sarpbc on my period abroad :D

Also the teamplay around platinum 2 (where I'm at) sucks at times. But I'm not good enough to force victories on my own so I'm pretty stuck there.
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Sun May 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Midremit wrote:I can't play RL at home (no decent enough pc or ps4 and I'm not going to buy either one to play a game).
It's just that I'm studying abroad and there's this guy who brought his ps4 so I'm playing it at his place sometimes.

May have played 40hrs in total, not more.

As to answer your question:

I'm not sure. I guess I enjoy the fact that it's a lot more competitive than sarpbc for the past 1 or 2 years, so that's a plus.
The game itself however just doesn't feel right to me, but that's to be expected if one has only played the amount of minutes I have.

I guess I would much rather play sarpbc with some old friends though.

@Deceased:
Don't hate it, though I do loathe the forfeiting. They also took away my favourite map with their latest patch, so that sucks.
But I'm happy I can play something similar to sarpbc on my period abroad :D

Also the teamplay around platinum 2 (where I'm at) sucks at times. But I'm not good enough to force victories on my own so I'm pretty stuck there.

They took away your favourite map? I have never seen you in any map other than Urban!
Now is my only chance to beat you in 1v1. Set up a date and time.

Personally, I knew the game wasn't for me the second I played it. Mind you, I was very good at first and managed to compete toe-to-toe with RL veterans at the time who put in hundreds/thousands of hours into the beta/alpha. In any case, I expect you to post in this thread again when you get back to SARPBC.
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Mon May 22, 2017 1:23 am

The_deceased wrote:
They took away your favourite map? I have never seen you in any map other than Urban!
Now is my only chance to beat you in 1v1. Set up a date and time.

Personally, I knew the game wasn't for me the second I played it. Mind you, I was very good at first and managed to compete toe-to-toe with RL veterans at the time who put in hundreds/thousands of hours into the beta/alpha. In any case, I expect you to post in this thread again when you get back to SARPBC.

Aha, [/i]that[/i] thread. The little swinging is all part of the ludicrous mad-fest sarpbc has always been, wouldn't dare to complain ^!^

We should do an old school 1v1, where we face off in every map. Forgot the name though :/
29th of June, what d'ya think? Then I have exactly 1 day to find my rythm again after 6 months :|
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Mon May 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Midremit wrote:Aha, [/i]that[/i] thread. The little swinging is all part of the ludicrous mad-fest sarpbc has always been, wouldn't dare to complain ^!^

We should do an old school 1v1, where we face off in every map. Forgot the name though :/
29th of June, what d'ya think? Then I have exactly 1 day to find my rythm again after 6 months :|

Talking about RL, not SARPBC ^[¨![`
First I am going to destroy you at RL, and then I will cement my victory by defeating you in SARPBC before you get back in shape, (°ل͜°)
And just you wait till you play SARPBC again. You will either love it more or hate it. Personally, I just laugh at how ridiculously over-the-top that game is.
I will also take this chance to challenge zee green machine to show it how a deluded SARP veteran plays RL ^¶![`
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Postby Midremit on Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 am

The_deceased wrote:Talking about RL, not SARPBC ^[¨![`
First I am going to destroy you at RL, and then I will cement my victory by defeating you in SARPBC before you get back in shape, (°ل͜°)
And just you wait till you play SARPBC again. You will either love it more or hate it. Personally, I just laugh at how ridiculously over-the-top that game is.
I will also take this chance to challenge zee green machine to show it how a deluded SARP veteran plays RL ^¶![`

Ha! Bring it ! Best of 3 or 5? I hope 5, gives me more time to adapt and increases my chances :pimp:
Midremit
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby The_deceased on Tue May 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Midremit wrote:Ha! Bring it ! Best of 3 or 5? I hope 5, gives me more time to adapt and increases my chances :pimp:

Why not best of 7! These games are not any less important than RLCS finals ^![
The_deceased
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic