My Montage - tjowner

Post links to your favorite replays.

My Montage - tjowner

Postby tjowner on Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:27 am

I used to play SSARPBC quite alot, and although the editing is terrible on these videos, i would like to share them with you. (they are quite old now).

Video 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9emDW70IvbU

Video 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_kdTKpNv1c

Thanks, feel free to add me on PSN ( Tj0wn3r ) , i don't paly very often but when i do i'd like to play some 1v1's :)
tjowner
Supersonic

PSN ID: tj0wn3r
Region: EU

Re: My Montage - tjowner

Postby SeanNolan5 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:53 pm

nice!! i love watching montages since im not very able to play the game, and these were awesome! i hope youre making more cause id love to see more of these! if i had to choose which one i prefer it will have to be the first one, and the second ones abrupt ending was hilarious (not in a good way) :lol: but theres effort written all over these montages which is something i really dont see often.

do you watch other peoples montages? you should because it broadens your taste when it comes to editing and recording a montage. aim to be unique. try make something different to other peoples' montages. who wants to see the same shit? but at the same time take in what all the good montages are doing. why are they successful, why do you like it? forget about how good your goals are, if youre original or exciting you cant go wrong!!
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

PSN ID: b4_sunrise

Postby tjowner on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:01 am

Thanks for the reply, it's nice to know someone actually took notice :D haha. When i made these videos i was still in school, so i had alot of time and not many responsibilities. Im now just finishing the first year of university so i will have time to start playing some more, getting gameplays and watching other montages. If you know of any good montages i could watch, please feel free to message me them (i dont know if posting links is appreciated here) lol.

Haha i didnt know how to do introductions or endings to montages, i have a bit more of an idea now, but yeah watching these videos back does give me a good luagh :D - tjowner.
tjowner
Supersonic

PSN ID: tj0wn3r

Postby SeanNolan5 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:09 am

watch fyshokids videos, he made a whole 2min video on a single goal! montages are to exhibit recording/editing skills and taste not show off goals or headshots i hate that shit. martin scorsese doesnt take cctv footage of a real life murder and call it the most realistic film ever does he? would love to give you a game or two sometime i like making new friends but i havent got psn
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby VirtualTrident on Mon May 05, 2014 6:40 am

SeanNolan5 wrote:watch fyshokids videos, he made a whole 2min video on a single goal! montages are to exhibit recording/editing skills and taste not show off goals or headshots i hate that shit. martin scorsese doesnt take cctv footage of a real life murder and call it the most realistic film ever does he? would love to give you a game or two sometime i like making new friends but i havent got psn

If montages are to only exhibit recording and editing skills you may aswell create a montage about a chicken vomiting on the kitchen floor and call it art.

Montages are an oath to the game and to show off skilled play, in this game there's not much else you can display but goals and saves. A good montage accentuates that play.

The only thing I liked about this montage was the flashes when you hit the ball, and then the effect just got overused. All the other effects were, if anything, obstructing.

Practice is key. This counts for both the game and the montage. I'll look forward to how you improve if you make a montage in the future.
Psyonix-Jerad wrote:We will blackmail you with your stupid faces.
VirtualTrident

Steam ID: I Am A Tree

Postby SeanNolan5 on Tue May 06, 2014 7:43 am

you can make a montage about anything and it being enjoyable is completely dependant on how skilled you are at recording / editing.

i dont have a clue why youre talking about a chicken vomiting this is psyonix forums so montages posted here might just happen to be about pysonix games..

you can record goal after goal after goal and call it a montage but how is that enjoyable.
SeanNolan5
Legendarily Voluble
Legendarily Voluble

Postby Riskoooo on Mon May 12, 2014 1:09 am

SeanNolan5 wrote:you can make a montage about anything and it being enjoyable is completely dependant on how skilled you are at recording / editing.

i dont have a clue why youre talking about a chicken vomiting this is psyonix forums so montages posted here might just happen to be about pysonix games..

you can record goal after goal after goal and call it a montage but how is that enjoyable.

It's enjoyable if the goals are good...?

You may watch montages to appreciate people's video editing skills, but I watch them to see people scoring shit hot goals and get some new ideas on how to play. To me it's the same as watching football (soccer) clips - I want to see skills that baffle me, not some slow-mo shot of a car doing fuck all. I get that you're talking about rising tension and cutting and all that but to be honest if I watch replays of SARPBC it's to... watch replays of SARPBC.
Riskoooo
Supersonic

PSN ID: Riskoooo

Return to Replays