Social Space (Suggestion)

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby Matro on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Topic
In games such as WWII and Destiny 2 the idea of having a social space where you can meet new players or complete quests/goals to obtain experience/rewards is a unique feature that adds diversity and the option of having something to do at pretty much all times. I think that this feature will fit in to Rocket League as completing little goals and quests is a way to gain experience/rewards and another way to have players make new friends so they can play either casual or competitive games to keep players gaining more hours and enjoying the game further.

How I Think This Should Be Executed
In a social space for Rocket League I believe there should be different lobbies similar to Destiny 2 and WWII where there will be groups of 7-15 players. In addition. above the heads of the players it should show their highest rank in one of the playlists available in competitive so people in the lobby could potentially message them and ask to play games with them as they are similar rank/skill. For the quests/goals that can be completed for experience/rewards there can be tiers 1-3, tier 3 giving the rewards that players most desire such as banners or car customization and tier 1 rewards giving something that is easily obtained but also handy such as a 2x multiplier for experienced gained in matches. The way you would obtain the quests would be from a vendor of some sort varying from a robot or something to do with Soccar. Maybe the social space could also include Easter Eggs for the mysterious Moai that is scattered through out the whole game of Rocket League!

Conclusion
To conclude, the idea of a social space will bring diversity to Rocket League as it allows players to find friends to play with in casual or competitive games and it allows people to receive rewards for completing tasks acquired from a vendor which will increase the playing time for people as it keeps the game fun, unique and interesting!

Thanks For Reading! ¬Matro
Matro
Supersonic
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:12 am
Steam ID: squidjy07
Region: Oceanic
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby Rufmeister on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 am

Matro wrote:Topic
In games such as WWII and Destiny 2 the idea of having a social space where you can meet new players or complete quests/goals to obtain experience/rewards is a unique feature that adds diversity and the option of having something to do at pretty much all times. I think that this feature will fit in to Rocket League as completing little goals and quests is a way to gain experience/rewards and another way to have players make new friends so they can play either casual or competitive games to keep players gaining more hours and enjoying the game further.

How I Think This Should Be Executed
In a social space for Rocket League I believe there should be different lobbies similar to Destiny 2 and WWII where there will be groups of 7-15 players. In addition. above the heads of the players it should show their highest rank in one of the playlists available in competitive so people in the lobby could potentially message them and ask to play games with them as they are similar rank/skill. For the quests/goals that can be completed for experience/rewards there can be tiers 1-3, tier 3 giving the rewards that players most desire such as banners or car customization and tier 1 rewards giving something that is easily obtained but also handy such as a 2x multiplier for experienced gained in matches. The way you would obtain the quests would be from a vendor of some sort varying from a robot or something to do with Soccar. Maybe the social space could also include Easter Eggs for the mysterious Moai that is scattered through out the whole game of Rocket League!

Conclusion
To conclude, the idea of a social space will bring diversity to Rocket League as it allows players to find friends to play with in casual or competitive games and it allows people to receive rewards for completing tasks acquired from a vendor which will increase the playing time for people as it keeps the game fun, unique and interesting!

Thanks For Reading! ¬Matro


This is quite interesting... I think it'd be an awesome implementation. They'd have to restrict it to your own platform, but maybe if they had these social areas or chat rooms dedicated to each ranked gamemode, having your rank displayed in the social spaces pertaining to the social chat room you were in for its gamemode. It'd be a lot to add but its a nice concept!
Rufmeister
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: United States
Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:45 am

I find it a bit ironic that I suggested a similar idea a few days ago and was told by a mod that it likely wouldn't or couldn't work, and yet here is a mod offering praise for virtually the same thing. *SMH*
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby N7Mith on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:21 am

I'm not a mod. And I stand by my statement there that it would put strain on the servers for something that's not really needed.
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Oh. My mistake...
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby N7Mith on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm

And mods have their own opinions. Some will like ideas others won't.
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby AlexCuse44 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:11 pm

N7Mith wrote:I'm not a mod. And I stand by my statement there that it would put strain on the servers for something that's not really needed.


#N7Mith4Mod2017
Image
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm
Location: Tokyo Underpass
Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 am

AlexCuse44 wrote:#N7Mith4Mod2017

I agree, because it would make me right. :cheesygrin:
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
User avatar
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby N7Mith on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:38 am

Lol I won't be running for at least 2 more years :P
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
User avatar
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2891
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Social Space (Suggestion)

Postby AlexCuse44 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:10 pm

N7Mith wrote:Lol I won't be running for at least 2 more years :P


#N7Mith4Mod2019 ;)
Image
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:23 pm
Location: Tokyo Underpass
Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East
Switch Friend Code: 0


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests