Labs: allow 2v2 and more arenas

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Labs: allow 2v2 and more arenas

Postby dalidrama on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:17 am

I love labs but it's too crowded. Presenting a 2v2 option would be amazing. Also, I seem to get the same 2 arenas and would love to have more variety.
dalidrama
Supersonic

PSN ID: dalidrama
Region: United States

Re: Labs: allow 2v2 and more arenas

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am

dalidrama wrote:I love labs but it's too crowded. Presenting a 2v2 option would be amazing. Also, I seem to get the same 2 arenas and would love to have more variety.

Considering not many people are actively using Rocket Labs, it doesn't seem like it would be high on the Devs list to look into. However, maybe sometime in the future we can expect to see a wider variety of gamemodes/maps in this section!
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby N7Mith on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 am

It might improve matchmaking to the point where it becomes attractive to que up for it.

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:01 am

N7Mith wrote:It might improve matchmaking to the point where it becomes attractive to que up for it.

That'd may be the case. If they wanted to go for a big change they could make many new maps for Labs and have a competitive gamemode for it... only the players skilled with angles and being able to adjust to each map would be higher ranks. Then again, it wouldn't be fair to be Grand Champion in a gamemode like this if you do not have the skills as you would in the other competitive gamemodes.
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:20 am

Rufmeister wrote:Then again, it wouldn't be fair to be Grand Champion in a gamemode like this if you do not have the skills as you would in the other competitive gamemodes.

And yet that's exactly what Psyonix has done, if you look at the larger picture.
People whined that they couldn't get to Grand Champion because the threshold for it was too high, so Psyonix lowered the bar for them.
Then people whined that non-standard maps were the reason they still couldn't get to Grand Champion, and Psyonix removed them.

I'd personally love to see Competitive Snow Day, if they would make that mode what it SHOULD HAVE BEEN at launch.
It should have had the nets properly placed out on the rink, used a smaller puck, had the max ball speed set higher, and had reduced friction on the floor surface.
THAT would have made it a true hockey mode.
If they'd give me that, with arenas similar to the ones in Rocket Labs, but designed specifically for Hockey, I'd quit playing Soccar completely, unless forced to by my friends.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Return to Suggestions