Autoban System

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Autoban System

Postby Berk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:41 am

The autoban system is very harsh for the offense. Don't get me wrong everyone slips now and then, but getting a 24 hour multiplayer ban is ridiculous. Was a chat ban or chat sensor even thought of before instituting the system into RL? to me I feel you just slammed the hammer down and stopped caring about the players. Toxic players are everywhere, and I understand that. However, everyone slips up and what is the result for it? 24 hour, 7 day, perma ban. Over what? a simple curse word or being aggressive in chat. I was banned for using a vulgar word. It was entirely my fault. Getting banned from playing online for ONE word is ridiculous. It's not like I was cheating. Please rethink the system and fix it before the majority of perma bans are mostly due to aggressive or vulgar language.
Berk
Supersonic

Steam ID: Berk
Region: US

Re: Autoban System

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:15 pm

First off, everyone doesn't "slip up".
They CHOOSE to act in a manner they know others may find offensive, in spite of that knowledge.
None of the words in the auto-ban list should be anything that would surprise anyone...yet.
They picked the most common, most offensive, and most universally known.

If you wouldn't walk up to someone on the street, and hurl insults at people who are clearly mentally challenged, or part of a specific race, religion or sexual orientation, why would you think it's OK to do so in a game where you have no clue about who you are playing.
Assume EVERYONE in the game is a member of all of those groups, and act accordingly.

In response to the remainder of your post:
1) Psyonix has been issuing bans for quite some time now, for misuse of the chat system.
The auto-bans are just a recent addition to that, to make things easier on the reviewers.
Nothing has really changed regarding WHAT people are being banned for, just how often, and how quickly.
2) There are more lenient thresholds for certain words than others.
There are words with no acceptable context whatsoever, which will earn you a quick one and done ban.
Then there are other words where Psyonix will let you use them occasionally because not everyone will be offended by them.
If you're using one of those words often enough that you are reported enough to cross that threshold, THEN you get a ban, and should maybe revisit your vocabulary, and attitude.
3) People like me WANT people who can't keep from being dicks to other people run out of the game.
If you can't help but call your teammate a "******* ******", I don't want to play with you.
It's not that those of us supporting the ban system "can't handle the adult words", like so many people getting banned keep claiming.
It that we don't want to have to sit through a game where you choose to go off on your teammates.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby N7Mith on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:19 pm

Everyone slips up... In the privacy of their own room. (ok my roommates hear me loud and clear) I curse the shit out of people. Vocally, with a muted headset. I don't type that shit because it antagonizes them. And that's the last thing you want to do if they have bad moments.

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby hangtime86 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:21 pm

You should notify us when action on a player we reported was taken. I stopped reporting all together since I felt it has no use - still do. Though I must say, I have had much less people telling me how my mom was last night. Maybe the system really is working, but please give more feedback to people who aren't abusive assholes, and maybe reward them for that. League of legends finally learned after 7 seasons and their player base shrinking fast due to toxicity. Now you can actually get scraps for doing good and eventually feel good about being a decent human being ingame.

What I have to add though, and will make a topic on is how flawed the ranking system is. It feels like it is impossible to make progress and therefore causes alot of frustration. If I go on a win streak I don't rank up much faster, since before I do, I get matched against opponents that are nearly an entire set of ranks higher than me. In my last 100 games I have around a 65% winrate, started in gold 2 div 2 and am currently gold 3 div 4. That is after going up to g3d4 and down to g1d1 multiple times. I screenshoot ed plenty of endgame results with ranks where it is just not understandable why I was matched in the way I was, and still kept going down in ranks. Even though I am winning more than I am loosing. This causes alot of frustration for me and getting frustrated I tend to not only get mad at myself for fails, but as most human beings looking for mistakes in my teammates. Not flaming them just getting more frustrated overall.

And then the discrepancy of distribution of points between scorers and defenders. The points system incentivises players to ballchase. People love to get mvps even though it might be hurting their performance in game. Even out the scores for certain actions and the game WILL get healtier. Sounds ridiculous, but it is true. If a save gave 70 points, and a goal also 70 as an example (so ranking up doesn't get too easy) more people may actually play passive. A save is just as important as scoring, if not more. And that translates to multiple ways of gaining points for the scoreboard.

Tl:DR notify us for punishments please.
hangtime86
Supersonic

Steam ID: chronosuncle

Postby Berk on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:40 pm

I understand that I broke the rules. It's the fact that the severity of the auto-ban in itself is beyond much. Chat bans are a thing in games like world of tanks. It's simple and keeps them from using the chat to abuse other players. Not allowing the player access to the game services is insane and on top of that I wasn't even able to practice aerials because of the offense.

Also, hangtime86
I won 8 out of 10 matches the other day before I broke a law and never gained a division. I stayed Gold 1 Div 2 the entire time. The same thing with my buddy who was with me. I'm not sure if it was because I was already banned or maybe my 4 game losing streak prior crushed my skill rating.
Berk
Supersonic

Steam ID: Berk

Postby Desirsar on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Berk wrote:Chat bans are a thing in games like world of tanks. It's simple and keeps them from using the chat to abuse other players.

Not a bad idea. How about this? One week chat ban for the first violation, but no ranked ban. One MONTH ranked ban for a second offense.
Desirsar
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: Desirsar

Postby disc0 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Since the new ban system I notice players behavior increased quite alot, I dont see the same type of stuff in the chat that sometimes was a bit too much.
disc0
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Bruce
Region: Eu

Postby Tentacles on Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:40 pm

Still haven't been banned, maybe you'll learn your lesson.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby G-Lew41 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am

Ok, people slip up, sure. But it's not like you accidentally hit a wrong button that posted some offensive word in chat. You didn't fall on your controller or keyboard and randomly type a word that triggered a ban. You deliberately did it. Now you know the ban system will punish you for it, how in the world could you possibly do it again? That's the whole point. You'd have to be a completely and utter fool entirely incapable of controlling your emotions and actions in order to actually deliberately take the time to type out an offensive word into chat a second time, and it is exactly that type of person who needs to be banned for 7 days, and if they STILL can't control themselves, they need to go away. I don't know what you're complaining about. It's 24 hours. Learn from it. Don't do it again, and you will never have to worry about it again. It's literally up to you. Nobody else is preventing you from playing the game; only you can prevent yourself from playing by doing something so stupid as writing a word in chat you know you will get banned for. If you do it anyway, you deserve it.
G-Lew41
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: G-Lew41

Postby Guinnesses on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

Okay...

So I've been toxic in the past. I'll admit it. However after being banned once I was actually relieved to see that reporting a player actually DOES something because the negativity was beginning to run rampant. So after my 24 hour punishment I decided to keep it clean and contribute to reporting players that are constantly hurling insults around while not doing so myself. Played a bit last night and turned on my game today to find that for no reason I can think of I've been hit with a 72 HOUR BAN.

I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game between loot keys and buying it for friends that I know would enjoy it. Either show me why I was kicked out or fix whatever system you have in place for banning players because this is off putting to say the very least.
Guinnesses
Supersonic

PSN ID: Guinnesses516

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Guinnesses wrote:Either show me why I was kicked out or fix whatever system you have in place for banning players because this is off putting to say the very least.

If you believe that you were wrongly banned, please contact the Support team so that they can look into the situation.
https://support.rocketleague.com/
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Return to Suggestions