Communication tweaks...

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

Communication tweaks...

Postby McCoy2797 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:30 am

Part 1

Let's remove chat, but keep some quick chat options available. If we remove the ability to speak freely in game, we eliminate the ability to be disrespectful.

This goes for quick chat too. If we remove some of the quick chat options that are being spammed to piss players off, it removes the ability for people to be disrespectful.

Basically keep team chats like:

I've got it!
All yours.
Defending.
etc....

Keep the apologies

Everything else is unnecessary. If we continue to allow players to use quick chat phrases that are easily translated to insult (What a Save by a teammate when you allow a goal through), we contribute to the problem and not the solution.




Part 2

Better ways to communicate with players post game.

During game when pressing the button to view the score, allow us to use the D-Pad to scroll through players and 'mark them'. When the post game score arrives, the mark acts as a reminder. We can easily communicate with a player by navigating over their name and giving us the option to send message.
McCoy2797
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am
GamerTag: Gnasty Buck
Region: US

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 am

McCoy2797 wrote:If we remove some of the quick chat options that are being spammed to piss players off, it removes the ability for people to be disrespectful.

No, you don't.

If you keep "Defending", people will start spamming that one, instead of "What a Save".
If you leave "All Yours", people will use that to mark their frustration with whatever it is you did wrong this time.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:48 am

could definitely change a few to be a bit more useful with game play. Passing,faking etc
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby littlebigleg on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:58 am

oh ye and also one that says ( The What a Save i just said was for the really good save you made seconds before the rebound dribbled past you and made me look like i was being a real dick by saying What a Save) that one is needed for sure
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:54 am
Location: Scotland
GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby Waterbottle on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 pm

littlebigleg wrote:oh ye and also one that says ( The What a Save i just said was for the really good save you made seconds before the rebound dribbled past you and made me look like i was being a real dick by saying What a Save) that one is needed for sure


Haha, and then you get the 'What a Save' treatment and you don't know why. Classic.
My texture mods

Problems with launching Rocket League? Please check this out
Problems logging in to Rocket League servers? Try this
Waterbottle
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:54 am
Region: EU

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby McCoy2797 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:07 pm

littlebigleg wrote:oh ye and also one that says ( The What a Save i just said was for the really good save you made seconds before the rebound dribbled past you and made me look like i was being a real dick by saying What a Save) that one is needed for sure



LMAO!!! Totally!

NoOne-NBA wrote:
McCoy2797 wrote:If we remove some of the quick chat options that are being spammed to piss players off, it removes the ability for people to be disrespectful.

No, you don't.

If you keep "Defending", people will start spamming that one, instead of "What a Save".
If you leave "All Yours", people will use that to mark their frustration with whatever it is you did wrong this time.


Fine! Remove it all then.
McCoy2797
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am
GamerTag: Gnasty Buck
Region: US

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:17 pm

McCoy2797 wrote:Fine! Remove it all then.

Then you can't tell people what you're planning to do, prior to the kickoff.
There is no GOOD solution to this problem, beyond the current approach of manually banning people for being dicks.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby Tentacles on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Get out of here Hitler.
Image
Tentacles
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby NoOne-NBA on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:33 am

Tentacles wrote:Get out of here Hitler.

I never tell anyone else what to do.
I tell them what I'M going to do, and let them decide their own best course of action.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby Tentacles on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:17 pm

I meant OP :)
Image
Tentacles
Aerialistic
User avatar
Aerialistic
 
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:19 pm
Location: SL, UT
Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby N7Mith on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:09 am

I get where this is coming from, but the majority uses qc usefully. I don't want them to alter that because a minority uses it badly.
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby McCoy2797 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Tentacles wrote:Get out of here Hitler.


Well, that's a first. LOL!
McCoy2797
Acrobatic
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am
GamerTag: Gnasty Buck
Region: US

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby JacobThePigeon on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Well, even if we removed the chat we still wouldn't be removing those toxic players. No matter what we do there's always going to be a debbie downer somewhere. Rocket League's playerbase is just so enormous that along with civil players, we get the bad apples as well. Honestly it's an underlying issue in a lot of popular online multiplayer games.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -


Image
Image
JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
User avatar
Community Helper
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario
PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby N7Mith on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:56 am

JacobThePigeon wrote:Well, even if we removed the chat we still wouldn't be removing those toxic players. No matter what we do there's always going to be a debbie downer somewhere. Rocket League's playerbase is just so enormous that along with civil players, we get the bad apples as well. Honestly it's a general online issue.

FFY
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Extraordinarily Talkative
Extraordinarily Talkative
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Communication tweaks...

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:14 am

McCoy2797 wrote:Part 1

Let's remove chat, but keep some quick chat options available. If we remove the ability to speak freely in game, we eliminate the ability to be disrespectful.

This goes for quick chat too. If we remove some of the quick chat options that are being spammed to piss players off, it removes the ability for people to be disrespectful.

Basically keep team chats like:

I've got it!
All yours.
Defending.
etc....

Keep the apologies

Everything else is unnecessary. If we continue to allow players to use quick chat phrases that are easily translated to insult (What a Save by a teammate when you allow a goal through), we contribute to the problem and not the solution.




Part 2

Better ways to communicate with players post game.

During game when pressing the button to view the score, allow us to use the D-Pad to scroll through players and 'mark them'. When the post game score arrives, the mark acts as a reminder. We can easily communicate with a player by navigating over their name and giving us the option to send message.


People will always find a way to bully other players no matter what in every game, there's no way to fix that entirely.
Image
Rufmeister
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:19 pm
Location: United States
Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest