New ban system is broken.

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

New ban system is broken.

Postby Andris84 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 am

Dear Psyonix your new banning system is awful. I just got banned for 24h for verbal harrassement. I am 100% of the time the guy who tries to bring some empathy to the game, but people lose their mind when they are matched with random players in 10 consecutive matches verbally harrassing you. Obviously you lose your head when the 10th one starts talking bad and you can't take it anymore, so you reply back. Hire some people who can read and instead of banning those people who play supportively with their team mates, give them some credit man! This is a joke... Read back a few logs. Your new system is really faulty, ban the people who INITIATE toxicity! Feel free to read back my logs and please tell me when i was the bad guy. I would be really curious...
I would suggest YOU remove quick chat actions such as "What a Save!" "OMG!" "Wow!" and many others which are NOTORIOUSLY used for toxic reasons, which by having them ingame just encourages what you are ACTUALLY BANNING! Then i would suggest you hire people to evaluate the reports. If you wanna ban people at least read back your logs instead of banning everyone who used a swearing word, there's also something called freedom of speech. I was really supporting your game, but damn, this is the the very first time i have ever been banned/warned from anywhere in 32 years (including not gaming related stuff), which obviously points me to the fact that your system is in need of a big overhaul. I learned my lesson, next time the who-can-count-which teammate verbally insults me or read that the opposing teammate harasses his teammate, i will just treat the guy like my best friend, because that's how it works. I just read today in the newspaper the other day that a girl was attacked on the tram in my hometown by 3 dudes and nobody did anything. That's what i believe you are encouraging by banning everyone. Should have given a warning at least, or have the option to ask someone to look into it. Would that take a lot of time? Oh well, you have plenty of money. Sorry for the rant, but i have never been this furious with a dev, not even with Sean Murray, which tells a lot.
Andris84
Supersonic

Steam ID: Andris

Re: New ban system is broken.

Postby Lumikai on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:12 am

This won't ease your pain or help with the ban, but If you're on the receiving end of verbal harrassment you should really report and then mute the person (this will also block quick-chat), it only takes a few seconds. My only gripe with the system is there's no way to permanently mute players so the next time you play with them you have to re-mute.
Regarding text chat, I've played most of this season with quick-chat only and It's been bliss, just wish there was an indication for other people that I have text-chat blocked.
Lumikai
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Funnybear on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:50 am

Amen op brethren. It's a sentiment that is attracting a lot of sympathy. At this rate the league system will just be a race too the bottom with most team players and 'actual carriers (AS aposed to pseudo carriers who think that boosting everyball and random shots to nothing counts as carrying) being banned from sheer frustration and leaving the top ranks to be populated with 'leet teams who never leave the house, have a job, or any grasp on reality. This is so divisive it's incredible.
Funnybear
Supersonic

Postby Andris84 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Lumikai: i tried to play with both quick-chat only and chat disabled and after a few matches i came back to full chat because communication is key. With quick chat, the problem is there are many of them which would encourage teammates (noce block etc) and many mechanical ones (centering, i got it etc) that not many use. If you play with a friend it is quite ok, but i dont have toxic friends playing with me anyways...
Andris84
Supersonic

Steam ID: Andris

Postby Tentacles on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:47 pm

TLDR...
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby G-Lew41 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 am

It's really easy to mute people - or just have the discipline to ignore them. Or better yet, report them and then let it go. You would not have been banned if you didn't do anything. It doesn't matter who starts it. Your actions are your actions regardless of who started it. Many adults play this game, and the "but he started it" argument is not an adult argument. My advice is - when you come across this in the future, report them, mute them, move on with your life.

Also, just FYI, the constitutional amendment which protects your right to free speech in no way applies to Pysonix. The amendment prevents THE GOVERNMENT from infringing on your rights to free speech. It does not protect you from Pysonix - nor should it. They have the right to censor you however they see fit.
G-Lew41
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: G-Lew41

Postby Brevity on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:46 pm

People who report are just passive aggressive panzies and nine times out of ten, report entirely out of spite. It's a shit system. I started up RL today, after probably two weeks of not playing, to see a 24 hour ban. (which is not a ban, it's a suspension) To be perfectly honest, there's an obnoxious shit head in every game. You know what I do? Leave it in that game and move on. (like a fucking adult) That's how it should be treated.
Brevity
Supersonic

Postby Lumikai on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Brevity wrote:To be perfectly honest, there's an obnoxious shit head in every game. You know what I do? Leave it in that game and move on.

That's what an "obnoxious shit head" would want people to do though... So they can continue to be an "obnoxious shit head" because nobody ever stands up to them. But if this banning system is continued, and people keep reporting toxic scumbags, then "obnoxious shit heads" days are numbered in rocket league.
It's a good solution for the most part, each time you verbally attack someone you're giving them the power to ban you, you're handing them an invitation to ban you... And bans increase in length as reports increase, 24 hours, 72 hours, one week, and finally, a permanent ban.

"Obnoxious shit heads" are just upset their victims don't have to put up with their shit anymore.
Lumikai
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby G-Lew41 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Brevity wrote:People who report are just passive aggressive panzies and nine times out of ten, report entirely out of spite. It's a shit system. I started up RL today, after probably two weeks of not playing, to see a 24 hour ban. (which is not a ban, it's a suspension) To be perfectly honest, there's an obnoxious shit head in every game. You know what I do? Leave it in that game and move on. (like a fucking adult) That's how it should be treated.

So, you bring it to the forum. By your very own standards, you are doing the opposite of what a "fucking adult" would do. Bravo.
G-Lew41
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: G-Lew41

Postby Tentacles on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Brevity wrote:People who report are just passive aggressive panzies and nine times out of ten, report entirely out of spite. It's a shit system. I started up RL today, after probably two weeks of not playing, to see a 24 hour ban. (which is not a ban, it's a suspension) To be perfectly honest, there's an obnoxious shit head in every game. You know what I do? Leave it in that game and move on. (like a fucking adult) That's how it should be treated.

This is true, I have probably already gotten like 10 people banned. While still not receiving a ban of my own. Terrible system, oh well I will use it to my advantage to be the ultimate troll.
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby WATErik on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm happy that they actually pay attention to the reports. :)
WATErik
Acrobatic

Postby JetForceF22 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:59 am

Honestly, the passive aggressive ass-hats in this game is what pisses me off the most. You go up for a save and miss by inches and your teammate starts spamming "What a Save!" over and over again, or the other team spams it, over and over, every goal, every game, it wears on your nerves.

Everyone has a tolerance threshold for bullshit and when you keep getting matched up game after game after game with people who passively aggressively spam chat there is a point where you will loose your nerve. I finally had enough of it and have disabled chat all together. No chatting with opponents, no chatting with teammates, no quick chat at all.

Honestly, this game should just remove all chat including quick chat so no one will have the ability to flame or troll others. Then we will just have the reporting options for lamers who are down by one goal and give up the game altogether. These seem to also be the same failures who abuse quick chat.
JetForceF22
Supersonic

Postby zGreenMachine- on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 am

Shut up and play the game that's my motto. Works wonders, haven't been banned yet.

There's plenty of ways to deal with trolls that don't include cussing them out anyways.
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby duckshard on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:25 pm

The fact that you have to consciously choose to type out toxic comments. Blaming others for how you react is not the way forward.
duckshard
Supersonic

Return to Suggestions