MYSTERY PAINTS - BLACK & WHITE

How can we improve the game? Let us know right here!

MYSTERY PAINTS - BLACK & WHITE

Postby Rufmeister on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I am far sure this has been suggested many times, but I thought I'd bring it up again because I still find it an awesome idea, or a good concept to base off of...

Far too often do I see the coolest car customization come from external modifications to Rocket League for car colors/designs not present in the game. One of the most common having black or white as a primary color for a players car. Although the colors can be obtained and seen through external modifications, I find it more satisfying to having obtained the items in the actual game and using mods is sort of a 'cheat'. The color would be highlighted with the 'Mystery Decal Purple Glow' in the paint selection and could either be selected as a primary color or secondary. Hopefully there could be a few more other than black and white added but those two are by far the best and most suggested and it'd be awesome to see them in a future crate. Here are some examples of black and white paints:

Problem 1:

It would make it more difficult to tell which player is on your team if they have black as their primary and a blue color secondary for orange team or an orange color primary.

Potential Solutions:

If a player selects one of the Mystery Paints as their primary paint color, the secondary color options could then be restricted to the typical primary color options available for each team color. Although this would limit a lot of customization, we would still have many cool options available. However, if Psyonix took a different approach and allowed all colors, players may just have to rely on the players names in-game (which doesn't seem too much of an issue in my opinion).

-------------------------------------

Problem 2:

How would this affect Mystery Decals?

Solution:

Mystery decals could be equipped how they normally would and the color of them is determined by the secondary car color. Since standard black color is already offered as a secondary color, there would be no need to have the Mystery decals function as a secondary color, unless the paint itself is noticeably different than the secondary available to allow better customization and matching.

Feedback is always welcome. I'm sure there's things I missed or things that could be potential problems that I am unaware of..

Thanks for reading!

Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Re: MYSTERY PAINTS - BLACK & WHITE

Postby Rufmeister on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 pm

EDIT: For those who think that it would still be confusing to distinguish players just by their secondary color if their primary color is black or white, think of the Batmobile and how its secondaries, although very subtle, can distinguish the team. With the colors being restricted it would be even easier so any car could be used with Mystery Paints.

Rufmeister

Postby Rufmeister on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm

EDIT 2: For those who think it would be easier to make them their own mystery decals: I feel it would be a bit bland and not really similar to the idea of design and animation that Mystery Decals have. Each Mystery Paint would be a plain color, or something similar to a plain color, with no animations, of which Mystery decals could then be added onto the car.
Rufmeister

Postby GeckoPlayzz on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:02 am

Support!

I would love an update like this.
GeckoPlayzz
Acrobatic

GamerTag: GeckoPlayzzYT
Region: EU

Postby Halo I bims 1 spasd on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:23 am

suggestion: we should only be able to set the black/white main color for one team. For example black is only available on the blue team and white is only available on the orange team/ or turn around. So it would be not confusing for the team at all.
i really like the idea and hope this will come!
Halo I bims 1 spasd
Supersonic

Steam ID: Haloibims1spasd

Postby GeckoPlayzz on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 am

I like the picture with the white Dominus cause the wheels look nicer.
GeckoPlayzz
Acrobatic

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

Halo I bims 1 spasd wrote:suggestion: we should only be able to set the black/white main color for one team. For example black is only available on the blue team and white is only available on the orange team/ or turn around. So it would be not confusing for the team at all.

This would be the best way to implement it I think
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Rufmeister on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Halo I bims 1 spasd wrote:suggestion: we should only be able to set the black/white main color for one team. For example black is only available on the blue team and white is only available on the orange team/ or turn around. So it would be not confusing for the team at all.

It’s a good idea, although the whole point of Mystery stuff was it was supposed to be universal.. To me it wouldn’t make them as cool if they were team specific.
Rufmeister

Postby Pettask on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 am

20000% SUPPORT! WE NEED THIS
Pettask
Supersonic

PSN ID: Pettask

Postby Galactic Geek on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:13 pm

No we don't; please understand that there is a difference between needs and wants. You want this, but we definitely don't need it. That said, I do think we need to expand the primary color options (but not including black and/or white) - for example, adding more purple to blue team.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby GeckoPlayzz on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:45 am

Galactic Geek wrote:No we don't; please understand that there is a difference between needs and wants. You want this, but we definitely don't need it. That said, I do think we need to expand the primary color options (but not including black and/or white) - for example, adding more purple to blue team.

Yes we do need this! Please leave if you don't want to support because actually your showing disrespect to us. We need this because it looks epic.
GeckoPlayzz
Acrobatic

Postby GeckoPlayzz on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:54 am

There's a site called alphaconsole.net and on the site you can actually have Black and White paints let me explain it to you.

So for example on the site you select your wheels as Alpha Wheels so if you went in a 2v2 match you would see the Alpha Wheels but the other people will see your normal wheels. It's pretty cool,right?
GeckoPlayzz
Acrobatic

Postby littlebigleg on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:07 am

i cant remember why .But i am sure there is some technical reason why there are no black and white cars?
littlebigleg
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: littlebigleg
Region: eu

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 pm

GeckoPlayzz wrote:
Galactic Geek wrote:No we don't; please understand that there is a difference between needs and wants. You want this, but we definitely don't need it. That said, I do think we need to expand the primary color options (but not including black and/or white) - for example, adding more purple to blue team.

Yes we do need this! Please leave if you don't want to support because actually your showing disrespect to us. We need this because it looks epic.

????? Please leave because he disagrees????? He has the right to his own opinion so chill
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby N7Mith on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:19 am

GeckoPlayzz wrote:

Are you new to forums? The whole point of them is having discussions, not agreeing with everything or stay silent. You are showing disrespect by telling him he's not entitled to his opinion.
And he makes a good point; there is a difference between need and want. I would like black and white too, but I'd much rather have all shades of blue, green orange, purple, red and yellow, which ARE available as secondary colors but not as main.
Happy Holidays!
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Rufmeister on Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm

I appreciate all the feedback, wish it wasn’t really an argument though... I do agree that more paint color options in general should be added, however the point of this topic was about creating special Mystery paints that could be earned through crates in unique colors such as black, white, chrome, or chameleon type colors (look up for images). Thank you everyone!
Rufmeister

Postby Tentacles on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:59 am

Name tags override the need for set colors.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Volodesi on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 am

Tentacles wrote:Name tags override the need for set colors.

That.. and they could just add a Smash Bros.-like glow to cars. :roll:
Volodesi

Postby GeckoPlayzz on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:32 am

Are you new to forums? The whole point of them is having discussions, not agreeing with everything or stay silent. You are showing disrespect by telling him he's not entitled to his opinion.
And he makes a good point; there is a difference between need and want. I would like black and white too, but I'd much rather have all shades of blue, green orange, purple, red and yellow, which ARE available as secondary colors but not as main.[/quote]

Yes I am new to the forums I joined a month ago. You also don't have to remind me what they mean because I've actually seen massive fights on the forums before and that was on ROBLOX forums they have been removed now.
GeckoPlayzz
Acrobatic

Postby Volodesi on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 am

GeckoPlayzz wrote: on ROBLOX forums

Oh, everything is so clear now. :roll:
Volodesi

Next

Return to Suggestions