Changes Coming for Competitive Season 5

Official announcements and news relating to Rocket League.

Re: Changes Coming for Competitive Season 5

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:19 am

AlexCuse44 wrote:
ChillDon1 wrote:at least do this season reset then tell players that there's no reset in next season.i was plat and lost it because i didn't care about this season anymore and now am silver 3 and can't carry. its just tragic and so enraging that am boiling rn :( :x

If you were in plat and dropped to silver and can't get back up then you didn't deserve to be anywhere near plat. Don't act like that's mm's fault.

Very true, 90% of players under plat 1 are easily beatable by one high plat level player.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby N7Mith on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:12 am

OsoMako wrote:This seems reasonable to me. For those of you who don't get it, they're saying that ...

Your MMR carries over to next season. Your rewards for progressing through the ranks is tracked for that season. It's not like you get 400 wins and have maximum season level. You have to win 20 games at Champion to attain the highest season rank. Assuming that there's not an extra level at Grand Champion that is.

This is the only point that prevents boosting, however it only works for champ and grand champ ranks. At lower ranks people will feel more need to get boosted, and the 20 wins needed at every rank will only double their effort.
Then again 20 wins evens out the mmr... Time will tell if it's gonna work.

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby midnightgreen20 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:04 am

Matchmaking was already rather dodgy, but at least letting the MMR continue on without a reset kinda helps since nothing ever truly settled these past few months. I still am a bit surprised they did nothing to address smurfing. I don't feel like they handled that in an elegant way and believe they could do better in that area. I also want to see the removal of the streak system, which I think also contributed heavily into really odd teams.
midnightgreen20
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: midnightgreen20
Region: United States

Postby OsoMako on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:33 am

AlexCuse44 wrote:
ChillDon1 wrote:at least do this season reset then tell players that there's no reset in next season.i was plat and lost it because i didn't care about this season anymore and now am silver 3 and can't carry. its just tragic and so enraging that am boiling rn :( :x

If you were in plat and dropped to silver and can't get back up then you didn't deserve to be anywhere near plat. Don't act like that's mm's fault.

Very true. I feel like I'm better than where I'm ranked, but a) I don't care to play more ranked, and b) people make about the same ratio of great shots and idiotic plays as me, so it's probably a good rank for me anyhow.

If you're always blaming your teammates for losses, take 5 minutes to review your own gameplay. I bet money that you made about as many critical mistakes as them -- passes to the enemy team while your team was in poor position, bad shots, missed saves, poor kickoffs, badly thought out challenges. There's tons of things that directly lead to goals getting scored on your team, and most of them happen before your goalie misses the save.
Steam Forum Moderator
Unite against controller prejudice, my fellow KB+Mers!
OsoMako

Steam ID: OsoMako
Region: US West

Postby Alias on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:09 am

midnightgreen20 wrote:Matchmaking was already rather dodgy, but at least letting the MMR continue on without a reset kinda helps since nothing ever truly settled these past few months. I still am a bit surprised they did nothing to address smurfing. I don't feel like they handled that in an elegant way and believe they could do better in that area. I also want to see the removal of the streak system, which I think also contributed heavily into really odd teams.

Smurfing to me isn't a big deal. Boosting is though. That's what makes MM hell. When a good players boosts a guy to a level he shouldn't and then that guy plays on your team it messes everything up. Get rid of of team MM averaging. At least get rid of it in comp. If I'm a plat and I team up with a silver I should lose. Make comp a true League and let teams of the same skill level find one another.
Alias
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Alias

Postby UnknownMaster21 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:45 am

Sounds like ranking up will be even harder on Season 5, especially if dropped out 3-4 ranks from the highest deserved rank. Oh boy...

Still, I kinda like this but feels like this improvement is unfinished, but let's at least check it out before we really can judge.
Neo-Tokyo, Starbase ARC, Wastelands...
...Those are reason I STOPPED playing ranked
UnknownMaster21
Acrobatic

Steam ID: UnknownMaster21
Region: EU

Postby ChillDon1 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:32 am

Tentacles wrote:
AlexCuse44 wrote:

Very true, 90% of players under plat 1 are easily beatable by one high plat level player.

i am playing solo standard and what mainly having problem with, in solo duels am on a streak and don't remember the last time i lost.
in solo standard people just keep losing me match's every 2 games. i can't carry people at silver 3 easily every game.
ChillDon1
Supersonic

Steam ID: Don

Postby ChillDon1 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:38 am

OsoMako wrote:
AlexCuse44 wrote:

Very true. I feel like I'm better than where I'm ranked, but a) I don't care to play more ranked, and b) people make about the same ratio of great shots and idiotic plays as me, so it's probably a good rank for me anyhow.

If you're always blaming your teammates for losses, take 5 minutes to review your own gameplay. I bet money that you made about as many critical mistakes as them -- passes to the enemy team while your team was in poor position, bad shots, missed saves, poor kickoffs, badly thought out challenges. There's tons of things that directly lead to goals getting scored on your team, and most of them happen before your goalie misses the save.

i didn't...
am not blaming any one but when you play some of you're games by yourself it feels a bit annoying when you lose by a goal. also i don't miss open saves and open shots, i started a week ago but am a plat 1 that plays the game really well. i have so much in my arsenal because of pro tutorials from easy aerial hits to really hard ones. i even know how to wave dash passes and when to do it.
i am for sure don't deserve my silver rank. i deranked because i didn't about this season anymore and now am stuck in silver for a while and it's annoying and that's not my fault. why would psyonix release such an update so late into it...
ChillDon1
Supersonic

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:56 pm

ChillDon1 wrote: i started a week ago but am a plat 1 that plays the game really well.

Seems legit....

I know people with 400 hours that are barely plat. I honestly think it's impossible to become plat after playing for a week. That is unless you got boosted. Also while I'm here i can assure you that you don't "play the game really well" because tbh I don't think I even play the game well. IMO you don't play the game really well until you rack up around 1500+ hours.
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Fazel23 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:14 pm

AlexCuse44 wrote:
ChillDon1 wrote: i started a week ago but am a plat 1 that plays the game really well.

Seems legit....

I know people with 400 hours that are barely plat. I honestly think it's impossible to become plat after playing for a week. That is unless you got boosted. Also while I'm here i can assure you that you don't "play the game really well" because tbh I don't think I even play the game well. IMO you don't play the game really well until you rack up around 1500+ hours.

That was also my thought after reading that. You can watch all the tutorials you like, but executing them is another story.
Fazel23
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: fazel23
Steam ID: Fazel2323
Region: PS4/PC

Postby ChillDon1 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Fazel23 wrote:
AlexCuse44 wrote:

Seems legit....

That was also my thought after reading that. You can watch all the tutorials you like, but executing them is another story.

i really would like to 1 v 1 you if possible.
am not dumb i know if am good or bad i reached plat and competed there and was on top of the score board.
also i may have started a week ago but i know the game since 2 years and been playing at my friends houses on consoles every now and then.
ChillDon1
Supersonic

Postby AlexCuse44 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:53 pm

ChillDon1 wrote:am not dumb i know if am good or bad i reached plat and competed there and was on top of the score board.

1. Top of scoreboard means nothing
2. Being in plat doesn't make you good
3. Everyone in plat just -rep me
4. Tell me how that 1v1 goes
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby ChillDon1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:03 am

AlexCuse44 wrote:
ChillDon1 wrote:am not dumb i know if am good or bad i reached plat and competed there and was on top of the score board.

1.it does mean stuff when you have 600+ pts and team mates are 250 combined
2.it does mean you don't deserve to be in silver
3.that doesn't mean you're worse than them
4.still waiting for him to respond with his steam user via pm's
ChillDon1
Supersonic

Postby Fazel23 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:26 am

ChillDon1 wrote:
AlexCuse44 wrote:

1.it does mean stuff when you have 600+ pts and team mates are 250 combined
2.it does mean you don't deserve to be in silver
3.that doesn't mean you're worse than them
4.still waiting for him to respond with his steam user via pm's

I havent really played 1v1 at all, but ok. I can play later today if u like. We'll see if your 1 week of playing can overcome my 5000+ matches lol. Although most of those were on ps4.
Fazel23
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: fazel23
Steam ID: Fazel2323
Region: PS4/PC

Postby ChillDon1 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 pm

Pm me you're steam address
ChillDon1
Supersonic

Postby Marvin255 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:25 am

Hi What time is the update?
Marvin255
Supersonic

PSN ID: Marv-in255

Postby GrimM on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Always people complaining when a new season is about to start :p. Most cry about rewards, some cry about no rank reset. Some people cry that they are ''stuck in their rank''. So funny to see :p. I personally can't wait for Season 5 :D and think they are doing a great job. The one thing I would prefer next season is that in ranked, when you queue with a full party, you lose more points than you would if you solo queue'd.
GrimM
Acrobatic

Steam ID: woodsniperr1
Region: Europe

Postby ChillDon1 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:05 pm

GrimM wrote:Always people complaining when a new season is about to start :p. Most cry about rewards, some cry about no rank reset. Some people cry that they are ''stuck in their rank''. So funny to see :p. I personally can't wait for Season 5 :D and think they are doing a great job. The one thing I would prefer next season is that in ranked, when you queue with a full party, you lose more points than you would if you solo queue'd.

am back to plat 2 div 3
also still waiting for hazel to send me his steam address.
ChillDon1
Supersonic

Postby Alias on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Dirkened, thanks for the info. Is there anyway you guys can get rid of team averages for ranked play? It's very disruptive to a good comp MM system. I know you guys tried it before and it was great but some people complained. My thinking is to do the averages in Casual play and have comp play be a true league. I kindly ask you guys to please consider my suggestion.

Thanks,
Alias
Alias
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Alias

Postby Excalibur on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:11 am

wow.. finally something new. :frown:
Excalibur
Supersonic

Steam ID: wesley4live