Rocket League's Anniversary Update Launches July 5

Official announcements and news relating to Rocket League.

Rocket League's Anniversary Update Launches July 5

Postby Dirkened on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:45 am

Just revealed on stage at the RLCS Season Three World Championship, we’re proud to announce that our next update will arrive early next month!

Rocket League was originally released on July 7, 2015, so next month’s Anniversary Update, as we’re calling it, will celebrate TWO years of boost-fueled, rocket-powered Soccar action!

How are we celebrating our Biennial?

CHAMPIONS FIELD - A FREE NEW ARENA!
We’re starting this party right by bringing a new standard arena to Rocket League. 'Champions Field' celebrates the pure competition found in Rocket League, complete with a massive statue featuring our shield logo, triple-decker seating (a must in any modern sports entertainment complex), and enough stadium lighting to make your match visible from outer space!

This new, FREE, standard arena will be found in all Competitive and Online Playlists, and will be available in Private Matches as well.

SEASON 4 REWARDS AND COMPETITIVE SEASON 5
Our Anniversary Update also marks the end of Competitive Season 4, and the beginning of Season 5. We will have a full breakdown of what’s coming in Season 5 closer to the update, but in the meantime, you should know that the timing of this seasonal changeover marks how we plan to approach new seasons going forward (in other words, no more long, drawn-out Competitive Seasons)!

The end of Competitive Season 4 also means that a new wave of Season Rewards are coming! Each Rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Champion) will have their own reward, while Grand Champion gets the Champion Reward plus an in-game title. As for the rewards themselves, we're doing some much different this time around with new Trails as the rewards. Trails, as they will be called after the Anniversary Update is live, are activated when you achieve Supersonic speeds. That white-purple-blue Trail you see behind your Battle-Car now can be replaced with your Season Reward Trail, or with other custom trails we will be rolling out in future updates and Crates.

NEW CRATE SENDS ROCKET LEAGUE INTO OVERDRIVE
Speaking of Crates, the Anniversary Update will also include the new Overdrive Crate! Along with an awesome assortment of new Wheels, Decals, and Black Market items, the Overdrive Crate has TWO new Battle-Cars: Animus GP, and Centio V17. Overdrive Crates will be available as limited drops after Online matches.

...as for the rest of the Anniversary Update? We have a ton of additional content coming next month, including an updated engine audio system, new soundtrack options, new achievements and trophies, Goal Explosions, and more! We will have more updates (and patch notes) as we draw closer to the anniversary.

Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Re: Rocket League's Anniversary Update Launches July 5

Postby Volodesi on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:07 pm

I was hoping for the "Stadium"

then I saw trailer and was like

Volodesi

Postby Tentacles on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:14 pm

I hope to blog this update includes a slider for the backflip. So tired of #feelsbackflip.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby [SPN] Archangel on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 am

This update will be nice. The only bad thing will be that crate retirement (I still hope it will not happen).

I'm just confused by this sentence: "The end of Competitive Season 4 also means that a new wave of Season Rewards are coming! Each Rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Champion) will have their own reward, while Grand Champion gets the Champion Reward plus an in-game title."

Maybe I understand that sentence wrong, but it seems like to me we will get reward only for the highest rank achieved and rewards for lower ranks not (for example someone reaches Champion rank so he will get Champion trail but not Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze trails). Is it true or you just didn't mention that we will also get rewards for exceeded ranks? I remember last time in the update announcement you said that we will get rewards for our highest rank and also rewards for all the ranks below, so I just want to make sure now, because that sentence looks strange. :cheesygrin:
[SPN] Archangel
Acrobatic

Region: Europe

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:40 am

Volodesi wrote:I was hoping for the "Stadium"

I guess Psyonix has successfully lowered my expectations.
I immediately assumed they were giving us another reskin of the same ******* box.

What is more disappointing, to me, is we're STILL not getting a multiplayer revamp of the Steam Workshop.
Then we'd HAVE Stadium, and Galleon, and a whole host of other new maps to play.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Volodesi on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:43 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Volodesi wrote:I was hoping for the "Stadium"

I guess Psyonix has successfully lowered my expectations.
I immediately assumed they were giving us another reskin of the same ******* box.

What is more disappointing, to me, is we're STILL not getting a multiplayer revamp of the Steam Workshop.
Then we'd HAVE Stadium, and Galleon, and a whole host of other new maps to play.

:renegade: :renegade: :renegade: :renegade: :renegade: :renegade:

:roll:
Volodesi

Postby chucklepie on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:46 am

I've played this almost daily since day one on PS4. I'm still dreaful, but I love it.

What I do detest, is Psyonix hiding cars and decals behind forced gambling crates, potentially becoming a gateway to gambling addiction and forced spend by children, who are the main users of the game. All content should be available to purchase.
chucklepie
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby thenightmare12 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:19 am

PLEASE REMOVE "Starbase ARC"
thenightmare12
Acrobatic

Steam ID: TheNightmareXII
Region: EU

Postby Vectrex on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:44 am

What time will the update go live in middle europe?
Vectrex
Supersonic

Region: Österreich

Postby Tentacles on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:29 pm

thenightmare12 wrote:PLEASE REMOVE "Starbase ARC"

This, oh and get better servers.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States