Limited-Time Halloween Items Drop Next Week

Official announcements and news relating to Rocket League.

Limited-Time Halloween Items Drop Next Week

Postby Psyonix-Devin on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:59 pm

Halloween is only a few weeks away, and we’re happy to show off the new, spooky wave of FREE in-game items coming to Rocket League next week!

Our new Bone King Topper is perfect for those who need a little more fright in their life, while the Ghost is a spirit so lovable even the Ghostbusters wouldn’t want to trap it! For your Antenna this year, we have the Fuzzy Skull, which will give your opponents a scare as you go tearing through the pitch, and the Netherworld Rocket Boost will leave your opponents in the ghoulish dust!

All of these items are coming to Rocket League as random drops for FREE on October 18, Plus, as an added bonus, we'll be bringing our 2015 Halloween items back, too! But you'll have to act fast -- once the trick-or-treat season is over on November 1, all 2015 Halloween items will be gone forever!

Have fun, and stay scary!

Psyonix-Devin
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Re: Limited-Time Halloween Items Drop Next Week

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 pm

10/10 Halloween items. Well done psyonix
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Voltio on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:55 pm

So it's from october 18 until october 31 and you get them as normal drops? including the 2015??
Voltio
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

GamerTag: Voltio
Region: US West

Postby Kovash on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:23 am

All of these items are coming to Rocket League as random drops for FREE on October 18, Plus, as an added bonus, we'll be bringing our 2015 Halloween items back, too! But you'll have to act fast -- once the trick-or-treat season is over on November 1, all 2015 Halloween items will be gone forever!

Forever... Until next year ? :mrgreen:

And are they guaranteed drops as they were last year ?
Kovash
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Kovash
Region: EU

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:51 am

I was really hoping they weren't going to re-release last year's items.
That just goes against the entire principle of trying to make some items "ultra-rare".
I was hoping the rarity of last year's items would really inflate their value on the trading market, for those of us who bought the game early.
No such luck though.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby StubbornPuppet on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:21 am

^That is disappointing.

The new items look really good though. I love that trail.
I'M OUT. The decision to remove Neo Tokyo (and all the implications that holds for the future of this game) and start putting new cars inside crates... NOPE. See you somewhere else.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: StubbornPuppet
Steam ID: StubbornPuppet
Region: PC - US

Postby Voltio on Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:15 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:I was really hoping they weren't going to re-release last year's items.
That just goes against the entire principle of trying to make some items "ultra-rare".
I was hoping the rarity of last year's items would really inflate their value on the trading market, for those of us who bought the game early.
No such luck though.

Maybe for xbox players, we didn't have the chance to get them before.
Voltio
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby StubbornPuppet on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:38 am

Voltio wrote:
NoOne-NBA wrote:I was really hoping they weren't going to re-release last year's items.
No such luck though.

Suuuree... but then... should we apply that to cover Alpha Items as well?
I'M OUT. The decision to remove Neo Tokyo (and all the implications that holds for the future of this game) and start putting new cars inside crates... NOPE. See you somewhere else.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Voltio on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:59 am

StubbornPuppet wrote:
Voltio wrote:
No such luck though.

Suuuree... but then... should we apply that to cover Alpha Items as well?

Are you really comparising the release of rocket league with a celebration that happens every year? hahaha

That´s like comparing the big bang with the born of a planet, totally different things :)

If Xbox had an Alpha or Beta release it would be a reward for those players and i wouldn't be asking for alpha or beta re-release items, but c'mon, halloween and christmas happens every year.
Voltio
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby StubbornPuppet on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:17 am

Voltio wrote:
Are you really comparising the release of rocket league with a celebration that happens every year? hahaha

That´s like comparing the big bang with the born of a planet, totally different things :)

If Xbox had an Alpha or Beta release it would be a reward for those players and i wouldn't be asking for alpha or beta re-release items, but c'mon, halloween and christmas happens every year.

Ha, yes... but it's different every year. I just agree that these were unique to 2015 and should stay unique.

But, seriously though, it's not like I really care. My car still runs around completely naked. :oops:
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Voltio on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:47 pm

StubbornPuppet wrote:
Voltio wrote:

Ha, yes... but it's different every year. I just agree that these were unique to 2015 and should stay unique.

But, seriously though, it's not like I really care. My car still runs around completely naked. :oops:

Yeah same here, i'm only gona use the boost for a couple of weeks until i get bored of it lol.
Voltio
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Voltio on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm

i question, are this items online drops? or can i get them offline?
Voltio
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby StubbornPuppet on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:38 am

Voltio wrote:i question, are this items online drops? or can i get them offline?

Hmmm. They were drops last year and at Christmas as well... but you didn't necessarily have to play "online". You could still get them in exhibition matches.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby Setel on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:20 am

Please create a car of death ! :D an Halloween Car ! :D
Setel
Supersonic

Steam ID: Cesar
Region: Europe

Postby Turboice on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:18 am

Is Calavera Antenna even available?

I was getting these Halloween items like every second match and got almost every item in about 1 and a half hour and only Calavera is missing. I played like 50 matches and still nothing. Anyone?
Turboice
Supersonic

Steam ID: turboice

Postby DinoDragonZ on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:32 pm

I only got four of the Halloween 2016 limited items and now i can't get anymore. Please help me Psyonix!
DinoDragonZ
Supersonic

Steam ID: DinoDragonZ

Postby StubbornPuppet on Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:44 pm

Turboice wrote:Is Calavera Antenna even available?

I was getting these Halloween items like every second match and got almost every item in about 1 and a half hour and only Calavera is missing. I played like 50 matches and still nothing. Anyone?

It's dropping. There's a limit to how many you can get before you have to wait for a day to get more. Take a break and try again.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby spaceboy on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:17 am

Well, I for one would like to thank the company for making everything available. I have never liked the idea of limited releases for the purpose of creating rare items. Many times people collect these items in various games and then never or rarely even use them so you don't even see them in the game. Designers go to all the hard work to make super cool stuff and then because they are so rare, they just end up sitting on hard drives collecting dust and you have to go to the Wiki or Youtube if you want to see what it looks like.

One of my favorite games, Firefall, is a good example. They have 'pets' that you can buy, but literally all of the cool ones, the best ones, were super limited release items, and the common players were stuck with a small selection of lesser items. I really wanted to drop cash on many of them, but they're just not available, plus, I would never see other players using them in the game, so few people ever even got to see them.

I think the better approach is making everything available in some fashion.

I would also like to recommend that the company make the seasonal items available for purchase during the rest of the year, and via crate drops. So, freebies during the holiday event, but the rest of the year, allow people to buy them. This will make the company a sizeable chunk of extra cash and make players happy.

For rare items during alpha-beta, etc., IMO, there are two good ways to do that:

1) Make limited release items, but make them very similar to normal items with only minor or subtle differences.

2) Make semi-limited items. For example, beta packages would include a limited item, but the item would still be available in the following ways:

a) Very expensive in the store

b) Rare crate drops

c) Rare or very rare normal game drop

Additionally, the price in the store would gradually drop, and the frequency of crate and game drops would gradually increase over time, so that by the time the game is 2 to 3 years old, the item is now somewhat common, not too hard to get, and not too expensive in the store.

The benefit of this is that it allows package buyers to enjoy the rarity for a good length of time, while not being totally off limits to everyone else.
spaceboy
Acrobatic

Postby Kovash on Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:36 am

Even if the drop is limited, you will always be able to get the items thanks to the trading platforms.
Kovash
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Kovash

Return to Official Messages