Rocket League Rumble in September

Official announcements and news relating to Rocket League.

Re: Rocket League Rumble in September

Postby Primzahlteiler on Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:03 am

I thought about it for some time now, and it's probably better to just share this 6 min video here instead of a tl;dr post.

So I hope, this new mode will somehow be worth the effort it took to develop, but I'm really sceptical about it. :(
I have a feeling that it will be a silly frustrating mess. People will try it out of curiosity, and leave soon afterwards.
Primzahlteiler
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: tankbreaker
Region: EU

Postby Strylight on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:22 pm

This looks amazing and offer a new gaming experience, it's incredible !
Strylight
Supersonic

Steam ID: Masse de pik

Postby sprawl on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:29 am

Is there any guide how can start playing leagues or tournaments?
Im newbie and getting better everyday and now im interest to play some seriously games.

Is there some site where i can play games? Is there must have some team, or is there random teams vs others?
How this system working...?
sprawl
Supersonic

Steam ID: sprawl

Postby hackserg10 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:58 pm

Whats the exact date for rhe release??
FIX THE MATCHMAKING
hackserg10
Supersonic

Region: Mx

Postby StubbornPuppet on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:50 am

hackserg10 wrote:Whats the exact date for rhe release??

It's impossible to tell because Sony and MS have to first approve the code and then tell Psyonix when it will be released. They'll know about 6 days before it goes live.
I'M OUT. The decision to remove Neo Tokyo (and all the implications that holds for the future of this game) and start putting new cars inside crates... NOPE. See you somewhere else.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: StubbornPuppet
Steam ID: StubbornPuppet
Region: PC - US

Postby xJunon on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Is there any insight into how this update is going to work, practically, as far as playing public online matches? Will the Rumble items be stuff that can be opted-into for each of the game modes, or will it have its own separate playlist? Basically, will I be able to play Chaos, Hoops, Snow Day, or Rocket Labs with the Rumble items added in, or will it just be its own playlist, 3v3 Soccer maps + Rumble?

Hopefully it's the former... I primarily play this with 3 other buddies and we'll be gutted if it's only limited to a 3v3 soccer playlist or private matches. We love Chaos mode and would love to see these items available.
xJunon
Supersonic

PSN ID: BassPint
Steam ID: Junon
GamerTag: I xJunon I
Region: US

Postby Prophet 999 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 pm

From my reading, it will be a separate playlist you select before entering online matches, just like Hoops, and Snowday.
You and your buds can continue to play 2's and 3's and not do Rumble at all. though I'd suggest at least giving it a shot. It does look like a fun alterrnative to the more serious competitive play.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999

Postby ZmanOnSteam on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:27 am

Primzahlteiler wrote:I thought about it for some time now, and it's probably better to just share this 6 min video here instead of a tl;dr post.

So I hope, this new mode will somehow be worth the effort it took to develop, but I'm really sceptical about it. :(
I have a feeling that it will be a silly frustrating mess. People will try it out of curiosity, and leave soon afterwards.

100% worth making its on topic for
ZmanOnSteam
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Zmanlip

Postby Primzahlteiler on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:21 am

ZmanOnSteam wrote:
Primzahlteiler wrote:I thought about it for some time now, and it's probably better to just share this 6 min video here instead of a tl;dr post.

100% worth making its on topic for

You mean, I should have made it a seperate thread?

I recently demo'ed someone on RL and got the standard response (basically EVERY TIME!!), which is "wow" or "thank you" or "[censored]". Occasionally followed by an attempt to get "revenge".
It is ridiculous how many people think, someone should apologize after a demolition.
Now we get a bump-the-opponent-button, that presumably doesn't take any skill or risk to use?

How on earth did this design pass the concept phase at Psyonix? :?

I (personally) feel like most people didn't like the cube ball because of it's unpredictability. At least we couldn't blame the opponent for our misses so even though the gameplay was not as fun, we were cheerfull when everybody missed ...
Now we will blame each other, because it was someones else, who ruined my gameflow.
Primzahlteiler
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: tankbreaker

Postby xJunon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:41 pm

Prophet 999 wrote:From my reading, it will be a separate playlist you select before entering online matches, just like Hoops, and Snowday.
You and your buds can continue to play 2's and 3's and not do Rumble at all. though I'd suggest at least giving it a shot. It does look like a fun alterrnative to the more serious competitive play.

Don't misunderstand - I don't want to avoid the Rumble mode. Rather, I would like a lot more flexibility in the online matchmade playlist options, such as being able to add the Rumble items to Snow Day, or play 3v3 Hoops, or 4v4 Rocket Labs, etc. I know this sort of customization is available in private matches but I think it would be a nice addition to unranked online play as well.
xJunon
Supersonic

PSN ID: BassPint
Steam ID: Junon
GamerTag: I xJunon I

Postby Kurollo on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:10 pm

With regards to the game coming to steam os, will mine be able to run it?

It is a Macbook Pro 2012, i5, 4 GB ram, Intel HD 4000.
Kurollo
Supersonic

Postby Prophet 999 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 am

Kurollo wrote:With regards to the game coming to steam os, will mine be able to run it?

It is a Macbook Pro 2012, i5, 4 GB ram, Intel HD 4000.

The game has been on steam for quite a long time? You can likely run it, but I would ensure all your drivers are up to date, and you likely play on performance settings over graphic quality. The update coming this month shouldn't change the pc specs required.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999

Postby zell on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Ok, New user to the forum but I have been waiting for this since the second I read about trading and crates being introduced to the game. Can someone more knowledgeable on the subject than I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how I can purchase/trade to get the ALPHA GOLD RUSH BOOST & RIMS. Please I will pay what ever I have to.
THANK YOU in advance for any help in this matter.
zell
Supersonic

Steam ID: sbt | zeLL

Postby Relaxo on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:17 am

Hello,
can someone tell me why my friend can't trade his Alpha-Items (Boost) to me?
:cry:
Relaxo
Supersonic

Steam ID: Delta X | Relaxo

Postby CoL_Drake on Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:47 am

best mod EVER made ... we need a ranked of this !
CoL_Drake
Acrobatic

Steam ID: col_drake
Region: Europe

Postby StubbornPuppet on Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Relaxo wrote:Hello,
can someone tell me why my friend can't trade his Alpha-Items (Boost) to me?
:cry:

Because Alpha items don't qualify. You had to earn them in Alpha.
I'M OUT. The decision to remove Neo Tokyo (and all the implications that holds for the future of this game) and start putting new cars inside crates... NOPE. See you somewhere else.
StubbornPuppet
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: StubbornPuppet
Steam ID: StubbornPuppet
Region: PC - US

Previous

Return to Official Messages