Players will ruin the whole game

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Players will ruin the whole game

Postby vnorberto on Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:24 am

I really like this game but it's really just the trouble that players will ruin it.
How? :
they quit an active jack and stay there with "ai"
This happens in every game and can not be played normally.
Could not some of these idiots be punished?
They ruin the whole game
vnorberto
Supersonic
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 am
Steam ID: norberto0657
Region: EU

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby Splidda on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 am

If this is happening in normal games just leave and search another one... there are literally not much players who care about normal games cause everybody just plays ranked.
A lot of players just join a normal game to get warmed up a bit and leave after a few minutes cause it's just a normal game. ^^
Splidda
Supersonic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby N7Mith on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:The more you quit, the lower your matchmaking rating goes.
The lower your MMR goes, the more matches you're going to get into with people who aren't playing because THEY fall to the bottom of the pile too.
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby Splidda on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:35 am

N7Mith wrote:
NoOne-NBA wrote:The more you quit, the lower your matchmaking rating goes.
The lower your MMR goes, the more matches you're going to get into with people who aren't playing because THEY fall to the bottom of the pile too.


This does not apply to normales games by the way.
This is true for ranked matches and it's good the way it is.
Splidda
Supersonic
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 am

Splidda wrote:This does not apply to normales games by the way...

Yes it does.

In addition to all your ladder specific MMRs, you also have a single MMR that is used for all Unranked games.
They couldn't do "matchmaking" without a "match making rating" for each player.

One of the big problems with this is that the game views any match left as a forfeit, and adjusts your MMR accordingly, assuming you quit because you didn't belong at that level.
If you do that enough, you end up in the toilet, with the crate farmers.

Another problem is that there is no differentiation about which mode of Unranked you are/were playing.
People who primarily play Hoops or Snow Day tend to be at a big disadvantage when they decide to play the occasional Soccar match.
Many of them have developed a skill set that lends itself well to their chosen mode, and driven up their MMRs due to their win percentage in those modes.
Unfortunately for them, not all of those skills transfer over to Soccar, especially at the increased MMR level.
That leaves them playing people well above their current skill because the game only looks at the cumulative MMR across all Unranked modes.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:59 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Splidda wrote:This does not apply to normales games by the way...

Yes it does.

In addition to all your ladder specific MMRs, you also have a single MMR that is used for all Unranked games.
They couldn't do "matchmaking" without a "match making rating" for each player.

One of the big problems with this is that the game views any match left as a forfeit, and adjusts your MMR accordingly, assuming you quit because you didn't belong at that level.
If you do that enough, you end up in the toilet, with the crate farmers.

Another problem is that there is no differentiation about which mode of Unranked you are/were playing.
People who primarily play Hoops or Snow Day tend to be at a big disadvantage when they decide to play the occasional Soccar match.
Many of them have developed a skill set that lends itself well to their chosen mode, and driven up their MMRs due to their win percentage in those modes.
Unfortunately for them, not all of those skills transfer over to Soccar, especially at the increased MMR level.
That leaves them playing people well above their current skill because the game only looks at the cumulative MMR across all Unranked modes.

They could do unranked without the MMR, or at least a part of it - all they would have to do is prevent MMR from decreasing when you leave or otherwise lose the game. It's not hard to go purely off of wins only (so, for example, if I have 100 wins, I would be paired with others with a similar amount; if none can be found, then the range is expanded both up and down to include more players). Also, other modes should have their own MMR - not having that is just dumb.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:They could do unranked without the MMR, or at least a part of it - all they would have to do is prevent MMR from decreasing when you leave or otherwise lose the game. It's not hard to go purely off of wins only (so, for example, if I have 100 wins, I would be paired with others with a similar amount

Which won't work...AT ALL.

My dad, who is Bronze 2 in 2s and 3s, has 5900 wins.
You expect him to match up with Grand Champions because he's managed to win more games than they have, even though his games were at a much lower level?
By contrast, I'm in Platinum and Gold, but only have 3900 wins, so I should face lesser competition than him?

You didn't think that one through very well, did you?
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby N7Mith on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Unranked mmr works fine for the most part. The only real flaw is the shared pool between playlists.
People quit left and right, ruining games for other people. It's good people that don't quit can elevate out of that mess, so they don't suffer as many quitters anymore.
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 pm

NoOne-NBA wrote:
Galactic Geek wrote:They could do unranked without the MMR, or at least a part of it - all they would have to do is prevent MMR from decreasing when you leave or otherwise lose the game. It's not hard to go purely off of wins only (so, for example, if I have 100 wins, I would be paired with others with a similar amount

Which won't work...AT ALL.

My dad, who is Bronze 2 in 2s and 3s, has 5900 wins.
You expect him to match up with Grand Champions because he's managed to win more games than they have, even though his games were at a much lower level?
By contrast, I'm in Platinum and Gold, but only have 3900 wins, so I should face lesser competition than him?

You didn't think that one through very well, did you?

Fair enough - that said, you could've made your point just fine without that last line of a snarky comment. Being right doesn't give you the freedom to also become a jerk.

Moderator... SMH
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby NoOne-NBA on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:20 pm

You have a very idealized view of how you'd LIKE the world to work, but very little concept of how it actually works.
I'm trying to fill those gaps in your experience and education.

The problem with the world is it's full of people.
People don't like to get stuffed into other people's boxes.
You talk about how "time outs don't work" because they create resentment and discontent.
Imagine the levels of resentment and discontent you'll face, if you start dictating how people can play a game, and trying to force them to do so in whatever manner YOU dictate as "appropriate".

The kid across the street tried to do that in our neighborhood because he has Asperger's Syndrome, which causes him to focus too intently on himself, his own desires, and how he wants the world around him to function.
When he first moved in, other neighborhood kids would come around, and he would try to tell them which game they had to play with him, what character they had to be if they wanted to play with him, and exactly how they had to play.
It wasn't long before all the other kids shunned him, and he was stuck at home alone, playing by himself.
He was highly intelligent, but completely lacked any comprehension of interpersonal relationships.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am

NoOne-NBA wrote:I'm trying to fill those gaps in your experience and education.

You don't get people to listen to you by being mean to them. I stand by what I said in my previous post.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:50 am
GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby N7Mith on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:28 am

Galactic Geek wrote:
NoOne-NBA wrote:I'm trying to fill those gaps in your experience and education.

You don't get people to listen to you by being mean to them. I stand by what I said in my previous post.

Dude, all he's done is try to explain to you why things don't work the way you think/want. Again and again and again. You refuse to accept, or even try to understand it seems.
And then you feel insulted when he points out that you might not have thought out your idea?

Wow!
Nice one!
Nice one!
Nice one!
Nice one!
Image

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 am
PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 am

Galactic Geek wrote:You don't get people to listen to you by being mean to them. I stand by what I said in my previous post.

That comment was just that, a commentary on the depths of your thought processes, from the perspective of someone looking in at you.
It wasn't meant as a putdown, but rather to spur you to put some extra thought into your posts.

You tend to throw out ideas, assuming they will work, without following those ideas to their logical conclusions.
In particular, you tend to assume everyone else in the world will joyfully follow any restrictions you can get Psyonix to force on them, which just isn't the case.
I'm trying to get you to see beyond what you want, to what's actually possible, and how those ideas will be received by others.

People don't WANT you telling them what to do, and how to do it.
NoOne-NBA
Moderator
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:40 am
Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Re: Players will ruin the whole game

Postby SGvagon on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:40 am

Maybe you have same problem as mine viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40643 . Soolution is disable cross-platform play.
Image
SGvagon
Acrobatic
User avatar
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:07 am
Location: The Czech Republic
Steam ID: SGvagon
Region: CZ


Return to Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests