Game doesn't work

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Game doesn't work

Postby DarthCaedus on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:58 pm

So for the last few weeks, I think it was around the time the update came out but I'm not sure if it may have started before that too, but if I'm in the main menu, sometimes I will hear the music stop, or as soon as I select an option on the menu the entire game will freeze. I can not find out why this is happening, I've played tons of hours without any problems, and now its almost unplayable. I will have to sit and wait for a few minutes and hop the game will unfreeze. I've had it unfreeze and be good to play for almost 2 hours, I've had it unfreeze and almost within 2 minutes of unfreezing, it re-freezes. I don't think there is any hardware issues that i can find but I don't know why this is happening. If anyone knows of a fix, or if this is a known issue and being fixed, please let me know.
DarthCaedus
Supersonic

Steam ID: DarthCaedus
GamerTag: DarthCaedus92
Region: US
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Game doesn't work

Postby N7Mith on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:41 pm

RL on Xbox is having major issues.

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Tentacles on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:40 pm

PC master race.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby N7Mith on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:16 am

If PC is so superior, where's PC2?

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby AlexCuse44 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am

N7Mith wrote:If PC is so superior, where's PC2?

I'm a PC gamer but you got us there. Well played.
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby Galactic Geek on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am

DarthCaedus wrote:So for the last few weeks, I think it was around the time the update came out but I'm not sure if it may have started before that too, but if I'm in the main menu, sometimes I will hear the music stop, or as soon as I select an option on the menu the entire game will freeze. I can not find out why this is happening, I've played tons of hours without any problems, and now its almost unplayable. I will have to sit and wait for a few minutes and hop the game will unfreeze. I've had it unfreeze and be good to play for almost 2 hours, I've had it unfreeze and almost within 2 minutes of unfreezing, it re-freezes. I don't think there is any hardware issues that i can find but I don't know why this is happening. If anyone knows of a fix, or if this is a known issue and being fixed, please let me know.

It is an issue on XB1 and it is listed in the patch notes, which also means that Psyonix is aware of it AND looking for a fix. Supposedly, it has to do with navigating the menus too quickly, but I suffered from crashes anyways, even going slowly or even when starting a match (error 67). It also appears to be profile-based as it affects some but not others. A fix has been found, but it's not a good one - you have to remove all of your friends from your friends list. You may think, "but that's crazy!" ...and you'd be right, but it's no joke - the developers and moderators have confirmed it, if you want to ask them for confirmation. I did it and am able to play RL again (it took me about an hour to remove 400 friends, write down the names of the ones I wanted to keep, and re-add about 65 of them). Whether you want to do the same or wait for a true fix from Psyonix is entirely up to you.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby BrandoniWilliam11 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 pm

DarthCaedus wrote:So for the last few weeks, I think it was around the time the update came out but I'm not sure if it may have started before that too, but if I'm in the main menu, sometimes I will hear the music stop, or as soon as I select an option on the menu the entire game will freeze. I can not find out why this is happening, I've played tons of hours without any problems, and now its almost unplayable. I will have to sit and wait for a few minutes and hop the game will unfreeze. I've had it unfreeze and be good to play for almost 2 hours, I've had it unfreeze and almost within 2 minutes of unfreezing, it re-freezes. I don't think there is any hardware issues that i can find but I don't know why this is happening. If anyone knows of a fix, or if this is a known issue and being fixed, please let me know.

If you have a big friends list remove most of them that you don’t want because I had a big friend list and I removed most of them and it work, if this doesn’t work or dose work tell me
BrandoniWilliam11
Supersonic

GamerTag: NH Bow

Return to Help and Support