Game crashes everytime I try to play the game

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Game crashes everytime I try to play the game

Postby shazammaster69 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Every time I start an online match I get to play normally for about 2 to 3 minutes maybe more maybe one game two games three games but after that it just goes to a black screen and then just shuts off and goes back to dashboard and when I pressed rocket League when I start rocket League back up it just restarts it completely please help
shazammaster69
Supersonic

GamerTag: shazamdude

Re: Game crashes everytime I try to play the game

Postby Rufmeister on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:49 am

shazammaster69 wrote:Every time I start an online match I get to play normally for about 2 to 3 minutes maybe more maybe one game two games three games but after that it just goes to a black screen and then just shuts off and goes back to dashboard and when I pressed rocket League when I start rocket League back up it just restarts it completely please help

Does this occur mid match? Also, what are your PC specs?
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby Skaldy on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:54 am

Dashboard? Are you on a console?

Could be overheating - make sure the machine is properly ventilated and clear any dust from the fans/vents.
Skaldy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Region: EU

Postby flanny on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 am

Same problem for me playing on Xbox One S. Been happening consistently since last update was installed. I've cleared save data, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Console is dust free and not overheating.

I haven't been able to play competitive because it boots me, then will not rejoin ('error: could not find game reservation'), then hits me with a ban.

Found lots of users with the same problems in XB1 posting on other forums. Happens in both competitive and casual matches. Today even happened from menu. Can't find a common denominator to the crash instances. Doesn't crash every single game, but enough that it would average out as more frequent than every second game.

Would love some assistance. Have poured many hours into this game and enjoy climbing the competitive ranks. It's not the same without competitive!
flanny
Supersonic

Steam ID: flanny
GamerTag: mattyguns

Postby shazammaster69 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:13 am

I play on xb1 and it has been happening for about 2 months now. might finish 1 game or 3 but it goes to a black screen and back to dashboard. btw, I have tried everything, from factory resetting the xbox to adding rocket leauge to an external is. and it's always the same.
shazammaster69
Supersonic

Postby shazammaster69 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:04 am

so it is psyonix and not the systems because xb1, ps4, and pc players tend to have the same problem. they better have it fixed on the 28th(update day) or they will have a lot of people going on a murder spree. ha.
shazammaster69
Supersonic

Postby N7Mith on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:00 am

Have you reinstalled? Your cache might be full, try clearing that. (clear alternate mac address somewhere in Network options)

It could also be one of the items in your inventory. Some guy on this forum got it almost immediately after a trade, and couldn't get rid of the items.
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby N7Mith on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:02 am

Royse0121 wrote:Good news! After uninstalling and reinstalling RL onto my Western digital my passport 2TB external hard drive , I no longer have an issue playing!! I know some friends who are going to try the same thing and I will post back if it worked for them!
:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Return to Help and Support