Item Certification Glitches

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Item Certification Glitches

Postby Sweetbacchus on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:17 am

Dear Psyonix,

On my X-Box One Rocket League account, I recently traded some of my items for an Orange, Striker Mantis. While I know this might not be a lot for some people, this is something that I have been trading for, for a long time. Since my Mantis has a tier one certification, the price is much more than what a regular Orange Mantis would be. Therefore, many people want to make offers for it when I make a "Looking For Group" post on the game hub. Once they are in my Rocket League party and I put up my Mantis, people always ask: "Where is the striker?" I always tell them that it is a glitch and that I can see the certification but not them. I also tell them that I will send them a screenshot of my inventory or of my Mantis, but by then they kick my out of the party and say "I would be able to see the certification if it had one," or "nice try, scammer." If the other players have the patience to wait for me to send them the screenshot, they always say, "your whole inventory is not shown in the screenshot so you could just be offering a non-certified one that I cannot see on the screenshot," and they kick me from the party just like everyone else. I always try to make fair trades, so other players not being able to see my certifications on my items makes it kind of hard to do that, and in my inventory and in my garage, it always shows that it is a striker so I know that it is a glitch. I know that I can just try to trade for items that are not certified, but whats the point of having certified items if no-one wants them or if no-one wants to trade for them. Also as I said before, I traded a lot so that I could make a fair trade for this item, so it would take me a while to get a good, non-certified item. While I don't think this glitch happens to most of the Rocket League community, I do have friends who play Rocket League and who have had this glitch happen to them and they feel the same way about the glitch as I do (they are on both PS4 and X-Box One). Overall, I think that fixing (or attempting to fix) this glitch would improve the game and would make it so that others don't get scammed nearly as much for items that they have worked (not literally) a lot for.

Thank you, Sweetbacchus.

:yaypsyonix:
Sweetbacchus
Supersonic

GamerTag: Sweetbacchus
Region: US

Re: Item Certification Glitches

Postby Kovash on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:31 am

Workaround : when you want to trade a certificated item, the item should not be used in any preset you currently have.
So remove the item from the preset (or delete the preset) and reboot your game.
Now the certification should be visible for the other person in the trade window.

I agree this glitch is a pain in the ass when trading certified items, and it should have been corrected already. I hope the fall update will correct this.
Kovash
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Kovash
Region: EU

Re: Item Certification Glitches

Postby Sweetbacchus on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks! Ill tell you if it worked!
Sweetbacchus
Supersonic

GamerTag: Sweetbacchus
Region: US