Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Postby KeksmannXd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 am

So I was duo-queing with my friend and we were playing 2v2 competitive. We found a game and played it, pretty normal. After two minutes, all of a sudden, all players, even my friend, disconnected, but I didn't. Turns out I "won" the game, and got a division up. But, when I tried to search for another match, I couldn't queue with this message: "You are banned from matchmaking for 14 minutes. Leaving matches creates an unfair match for your teammates, hurts your rank, and will cause increasingly severe punishments." Even tho I didn't leave the game and the server kicked all players but me out, I got a ban... Here is the picture to the empty server. Here is the picture of me getting banned afterwards.
Last edited by KeksmannXd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeksmannXd
Supersonic

PSN ID: DerMuratZockt
Steam ID: DerechteKeksmann
Region: EU

Re: Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Postby Volodesi on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:30 am

This was because your friend disconnected. Which counts as abandoning a match.

If a party member leaves a match. You will get the ban too for being in a party with them.

Does one of your screenshots include the server name? That way it can be looked at. Steam is currently blocked at my work. So I can't look at them.
Issues with Rocket League? Look HERE first! Game not starting? Look HERE! Connection Troubleshooting? Look HERE!
Forum Icon Legend

Friends don't let friends drive Mercs.
Volodesi

PSN ID: JoshM248
Steam ID: Volodesi
Region: US:Mid-West

Re: Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Postby KeksmannXd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:33 am

Volodesi wrote:Does one of your screenshots include the server name? That way it can be looked at. Steam is currently blocked at my work. So I can't look at them.

Unfortunately, none of these screenshots show the server name.
KeksmannXd
Supersonic

PSN ID: DerMuratZockt
Steam ID: DerechteKeksmann
Region: EU

Return to Help and Support