Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Postby KeksmannXd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:19 am

So I was duo-queing with my friend and we were playing 2v2 competitive. We found a game and played it, pretty normal. After two minutes, all of a sudden, all players, even my friend, disconnected, but I didn't. Turns out I "won" the game, and got a division up. But, when I tried to search for another match, I couldn't queue with this message: "You are banned from matchmaking for 14 minutes. Leaving matches creates an unfair match for your teammates, hurts your rank, and will cause increasingly severe punishments." Even tho I didn't leave the game and the server kicked all players but me out, I got a ban... Here is the picture to the empty server. Here is the picture of me getting banned afterwards.
Last edited by KeksmannXd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KeksmannXd
Supersonic

PSN ID: DerMuratZockt
Steam ID: DerechteKeksmann
Region: EU

Re: Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Postby Volodesi on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:30 am

This was because your friend disconnected. Which counts as abandoning a match.

If a party member leaves a match. You will get the ban too for being in a party with them.

Does one of your screenshots include the server name? That way it can be looked at. Steam is currently blocked at my work. So I can't look at them.
Volodesi

Re: Random server disconnect resulted in a ban

Postby KeksmannXd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:33 am

Volodesi wrote:Does one of your screenshots include the server name? That way it can be looked at. Steam is currently blocked at my work. So I can't look at them.

Unfortunately, none of these screenshots show the server name.
KeksmannXd
Supersonic

PSN ID: DerMuratZockt
Steam ID: DerechteKeksmann
Region: EU

Return to Help and Support