Rocket League error 59

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Rocket League error 59

Postby GuusDV on Fri May 05, 2017 3:03 am

Hello Psyonix,
My friend and i have played Rocket League for a long time. The game worked fine, until the update in March. Everytime my friend tries to join a game it says: "Reservation timed-out: error 59."
We still want to play but my friend can't join. It is weird, because he can join on Beckwith Park and Wastelands. Dropshot also works fine. Can you help me and my friend?
GuusDV
Supersonic

Steam ID: GuusDV
Region: Europe

Re: Rocket League error 59

Postby kimmy on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:46 pm

I have the EXACT same problem as ya friend. Everything worked fine for me now i can't join shit! It sux for the other players coz they have to wait on us aswell. It all worked fine up until they did the update in march now i can only get into those same maps and they load fine. It's annoying how nobody has fixed this yet or responded to any posts.
kimmy
Supersonic

Steam ID: Kim

Postby baku on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:01 pm

I have done a little research and apparently a solution is to wait until the 3-2-1 countdown and alt tab at some time during it, then re-enter your game. Here is a link explaining the method: https://techfaqs.net/games/error-59-rocket-league/.
baku
Supersonic

PSN ID: N/A
Steam ID: bakuknight
GamerTag: N/A
Region: PC

Postby kimmy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Yeah the alt tabbing doesn't work. That was the first thing we tried. Then Psyonix emailed me to try a few things and they never worked something about making your google DNS thingy public :P doesn't work. Have to keep loading and waiting for games maybe get into 1 game every 20 tries hahaha
kimmy
Supersonic

Steam ID: Kim

Postby Rufmeister on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:00 am

GuusDV wrote:Hello Psyonix,
My friend and i have played Rocket League for a long time. The game worked fine, until the update in March. Everytime my friend tries to join a game it says: "Reservation timed-out: error 59."
We still want to play but my friend can't join. It is weird, because he can join on Beckwith Park and Wastelands. Dropshot also works fine. Can you help me and my friend?

Hello Guus,

I have seen many players having this is issue. Is your friend able to join into an offline exhibition match? Check to make sure external programs, such as Skype or any high priority program, aren't taking too much of his computer's effort. Try closing these programs and seeing if it has changed anything.
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Postby PsychoSloth on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:36 pm

I have the same problem, but it didn't start happening until after this last major update.
PsychoSloth
Supersonic

Steam ID: Psycho Sloth
Region: US

Postby GuusDV on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:22 pm

@rufmeister he can join on prived matches and offline exhibition match can he join only on the maps backwithpark and wasteland he doesn't use skype anymore only music and discord to talk with us
GuusDV
Supersonic

Steam ID: GuusDV
Region: Europe

Postby Rufmeister on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 pm

GuusDV wrote:@rufmeister he can join on prived matches and offline exhibition match can he join only on the maps backwithpark and wasteland he doesn't use skype anymore only music and discord to talk with us

Could you have him completely delete and reinstall the game and see if the problem still persists.
Rufmeister

Steam ID: Rufmeister
Region: US-West

Return to Help and Support