Creating Dump files for better diagnosing information

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Creating Dump files for better diagnosing information

Postby Dirkened on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Hey all,

The following instructions will help you provide more detailed diagnostic information after Rocket League crashes or hangs.

To do this, open Task Manager. Task Manager can be opened multiple ways:
  1. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE
  2. Right click on the taskbar and click Task Manager
  3. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Task Manager from the list

In Task Manager, find the Rocket League executable (Rocket League 32 bit), right click on the process and select ‘Create Dump File’.
Windows will generate a dump (this may take a bit of time for slower PCs) and a modal popup will appear once the dump is complete with the location of the dump file (typically this will be located in: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Local\Temp\RocketLeague.DMP)

Log files may also be helpful with the dump files. These are stored automatically here:
\Documents\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Logs

Once you've found the .dmp file, you can upload it to a media hosting site like dropbox, one drive, google docs, etc. Then please send the file(s) so I can hand them off to our QA team.

Thank you!
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Re: Creating Dump files for better diagnosing information

Postby Cerbzz on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 pm

I have been having this problem however the problem with doing these steps is that it crashes to the point were I can't do anything but Ctrl,Alt,Delete then sign out. I would love to give you dump files but it would be to no affect as it has to happen as its crashing.
Cerbzz
Supersonic

Steam ID: Cerbzz
Region: na

Re: Creating Dump files for better diagnosing information

Postby Dirkened on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Cerbzz wrote:I have been having this problem however the problem with doing these steps is that it crashes to the point were I can't do anything but Ctrl,Alt,Delete then sign out. I would love to give you dump files but it would be to no affect as it has to happen as its crashing.

I understand that the task manager will not always appear, however if you have a second monitor you can alt-tab to task manager and then hold the windows button and use the arrow keys to direct the task manager to an area where Rocket League is not present.

Otherwise, if you check in <My Documents>\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Logs\
There may already be a .dmp file
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Return to Help and Support