Scamming

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Help Please!!!

Postby JoelCh02 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Help, This Guy In Xbox [name removed by Mod] Scammed Me And Try To Make It To Other Players, I Missed Tachyon Crimson And Animus GP Orange For this guy , Please Ban This Guy And Help Me To Restore My Items, My Gamertag On Xbox Is Joelch02, Thanks For Having Its time to read it. :(I Could you please restore them.
-Thank you :)
Last edited by JoelCh02 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoelCh02
Supersonic

GamerTag: Joelch02
Region: MX

Re: i got scammed

Postby Waterbottle on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:58 pm

ViolentHybrid wrote:Dear psyonix i was trading my heatwave and when i wasnt paying attention i accidentally accepted and this guy just accepted without putting anything down and left the game and the party before i can get his gamertag so if you can please give me my heatwave back the would be very much appreciated thank you.

Psyonix doesn't monitor player-to-player trading. It is your responsibility to make sure you are fine with the trade. Psyonix implemented this feature for you to trade with friends. It is of upmost importance to be careful when trading with players you don't know. Unless you have proof of glitch abuse or any other cheat that made you lose your item, feel free to contact the Psyonix support at: https://support.rocketleague.com/

However, if you lost your item because you didn't pay enough attention, then there is nothing Psyonix can do.
My texture mods

Problems with launching Rocket League? Please check this out
Problems logging in to Rocket League servers? Try this
Waterbottle

Region: EU

Thanks, But...

Postby JoelCh02 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 am

I received a message to my email that approved my complaint of this Xbox player ([Name removed by Mod]) He scammed me, but did not restore my items that were: A crimson Tachyon and Animus GP orange, Could you please restore them, Thanks for taking your time To read this, my Xbox Gamertag: Joelch02,
-Thank you :)
JoelCh02
Supersonic

GamerTag: Joelch02
Region: MX

Scammers

Postby Cbate4444 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello. Please can we have some action on scammers. My son has been caught twice today and it's very upsetting. He is a savvy player and knows the risks and things to look out for and is a seasoned gamer. However he was still stung twice today and these scammers know there is no comeback on them. Please put a report button into the game so that they can be reported or stopped. It is spoiling the game for a great many players and as the game writers you have a responsibility!!! People will stop playing your game eventually if this is not addressed. Please issue proper response and consideration to this serious issue.
Cbate4444
Supersonic

Re: Scamming

Postby BeginningManx44 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:15 pm

I was brought into what they called a bidding game where you bid at each other good stuff for bubbly and another mystery decal, so being new I went along I thought it was cool and I hadnt seen this type of trading. So, I traded with [name removed by mod] on Xbox One and he held the items because he had the bubbly and these other 2 guys were trading against me essentially, and I know this sounds very dumb of myself but for the chance to get a bubbly. So, I traded about 15 Overdrive crates, an animus, an orange endo, a mantis, amd helios boost. All of this was after each round of everyone "bidding their stuff". and at the end I was the "winner" I was kicked and he will not message me back or anything. I literaly shut my game off and was just like yep. I just got acammed cuz I was dumb. So yes it is my fault but if anyone can get this guy reported banned anything I'm sure im not the only one.
BeginningManx44
Supersonic

GamerTag: BeginningManx44

I got scammed

Postby H A l3 I T on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:34 pm

I technically didn't get scammed but I did. I did a trade with [name removed by Mod] on Xbox One 46 crates for Heat. He promised to give it back if I changed my mind. After multiple attempts he still hasn't responded. Please help me get my items back <3
H A l3 I T
Supersonic

GamerTag: H A l3 I T

Postby stav424+22 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 am

I get scammed he told me that he giving to mr mysrty i put offet and accpet i accpet the trade he sand me a messge and he scam me
Pls take care and give my items back pls the name was [name removed by Mod]
stav424+22
Supersonic

GamerTag: stav455
Region: both

Postby Waterbottle on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 am

Dirkened wrote:Unfortunately Psyonix will not take action on reports of scams. I'm sorry that you have had issues with that, but it's not something that we can get involved in.

Dirkened wrote:You are responsible for your own trade safety. I'm sorry but nothing can be done to return your items.

Waterbottle wrote:I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it sucks to hear this but it is of utmost importance to always double check your trades and be very cautious about them. The trading system has been implemented for you to trade with friends. If you trade with strangers it is your responsibility to be careful. Psyonix definitely needs to implement an additional window that shows all items that are about to be traded where both parties can only accept again without being able to remove anything. Nontheless, as the system works, you accepted the trade, therefore Psyonix cannot help you from here. They give you the necessary tools to prevent this from happening. If your trading partner adds or swaps out items while you've already accepted and afterwards removes an item, your first confirmation will be terminated. That way it is still in your hands if you want to continue the trade. It is never a good idea to blindly accept again. Either tell the other party to remove the items you didn't ask for or do not agree to the trade. I know you didn't intend for the trade to go the way it did but you had the opportunity to check correctly. I personally do not understand the mindset of anyone that tricks other players on purpose. It shows a really dark side of character. But again, I'm sorry it happened to you. But as I said since it wasn't something you couldn't have prevented, there is nothing that Psyonix can do about the transaction. A tip: On the bottom left in the trading window you'll find a button called 'Show details'. Click that and hover over every item and you'll see the respective painted colour spelled out. This will prevent you mixing up colours. And also, don't lend people items. Make a trade you're both happy with or don't accept.

NoOne-NBA wrote:I'm sorry this happened to you, but Psyonix has done pretty much everything they can do to prevent this, if you look at the bigger picture.

1) They warned you that all trades are final, up front.
They even mention that they will not police any trades after the fact, before they allow you to trade at all.

2) You had to agree to the trade in question, before it would go through.
There's no way for Psyonix to tell the difference between buyer's regret, and people actively attempting to scam THEM, once the trade is done.

3) If Psyonix starts returning items to people who claim to have been scammed it opens up a whole new scam against Psyonix itself.
There are some items in this game that are worth considerably more than the game itself.
That would make it profitable for people to buy a new copy of the game, use that to scam a few people, trade those items away legitimately to friends, get banned, and use the proceeds of those scams to buy another new copy of the game, and start the process over again.
My texture mods

Problems with launching Rocket League? Please check this out
Problems logging in to Rocket League servers? Try this
Waterbottle

Postby I3lueI3laze on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 pm

I've been scammed for 83 crates. This includes many of the discontinued crates. I'm pissed that I was stupid enough to trust people and I'm pissed that Psyonix can't help me but that isn't why I'm here. I wan't to say 2 things:

1) Everyone just watch out for who you trade with. It was 2 people from Rocket League Trading that did this to me.

2) Does anyone have bubbly that they wan't to trade me? I wan't to do it with ONE trade where I can SEE BUBBLY being given to me. I don't wan't to be scammed again.
I3lueI3laze
Supersonic

PSN ID: xI3lueI3lazex

Being Scammed

Postby Rocketplayer on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 am

I was trading with someone and I gave all my crates and I had really good ones too, then what he game me was 1 car that looked cool and I excepted, after that, when the trade ended it showed a really bad car he wanted to trade but I refused but it went till processing trade with the car I wanted. I dont know how he changed the car but I lost half my stuff from that.
Rocketplayer
Supersonic

PSN ID: khanrohila
Region: Rocket League

Re: Being Scammed

Postby Tentacles on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:07 am

And now you have learned a valuable lesson, always keep an eye on your trades. Happy trading!
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Re: Being Scammed

Postby JacobThePigeon on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:56 am

Rocketplayer wrote:I was trading with someone and I gave all my crates and I had really good ones too, then what he game me was 1 car that looked cool and I excepted, after that, when the trade ended it showed a really bad car he wanted to trade but I refused but it went till processing trade with the car I wanted. I dont know how he changed the car but I lost half my stuff from that.

Unfortunately because you agreed to give away your items by clicking the accept button, Psyonix officials most likely will not get involved, also due to the fact that it is each player's responsibility to ensure that you are receiving the items you want within a trade.

Sorry for your loss.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - JacobThePigeon - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - Steam Image | Allied-Gaming Image | Luxury Auto Body Image - -

JacobThePigeon
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: JacobLePigeon
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:110014782
Region: Canada (US-E)

Scammed... Help!

Postby Tychron on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm new to the community, and have just started to get into trading.
I was contacted with an offer in which I would trade 25 crates for Bubbly.

To make a long story short, I was scammed 24 crates.
...That was stupid...

So, what do I do now? I have the scammers profile, I have the conversation recorded, what steps do I take now?
Is there any way for me to get my items back? Being but a low-level peasant everything counts...

Thanks in advance!
Tychron
Supersonic

Steam ID: tychr0n

Re: Scammed... Help!

Postby The Real Diehl on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:47 pm

This guy scammed my hexed away by putting in his green voltaic a and then sending me a message while changing them out with normal volts. Can I get my items back
The Real Diehl
Supersonic

GamerTag: OrangeSquash111

Postby zGreenMachine- on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:20 pm

Psyonix won't refund your stuff, sorry :|
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

Postby rocketrodney on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:52 am

I was scammed in Rocket League by [names removed by mod]
they sent me an official looking link to do trades and when I logged in I was booted out of my own account. They then traded all my stuff and by the time I reported what happened to PS4 site it was too late.
I managed to take control of my account again and changed my password. but found out I was missing

Sky Blue Zombas
Sky Blue Endo
Black FSL
Grey Merc
Orange Triplexes
they ad up to about 24 keys worth missing.
Also missing about 6 cars.

I don't know if I can get them back again if that is possible?
Anyways lesson learnt trust NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rocketrodney
Supersonic

PSN ID: Ernie134
Region: Oceania

Postby BlinkyYT on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:08 am

Sadly, You can't get them back. But try your best to not let him get away with it.
Image Life is bouncy, Try to get back up again.
BlinkyYT
Supersonic

GamerTag: BlinkyYT
Region: US

Postby Tentacles on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:54 pm

Hey bud add me lets trade ;)
Tentacles
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby CelePlayz on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:22 pm

I can donate some stuff if u want but it's not exceeding very rare stuff so
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Idk what I said,
And nor did you.
I suck as you can see below :(
CelePlayz
Supersonic

PSN ID: CelePlayz
Steam ID: mlgpeppapig360
GamerTag: CeleGod

i got scammed of my lime voltaics please help me get them ba

Postby Jomatthews2003 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:26 am

This guy said he was doing a giverway so i gave him my wheels cause he said if i did it hed let me have his 20xx so i did and he kicked me from the game and the party. please help my gamertags jomatthews2003.
Jomatthews2003
Supersonic

GamerTag: jomatthews2003
Region: Eu

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support