Scamming

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Just got scammed, just curious where I can report him

Postby Pez21 on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Just like is says up top. I have never posted anything. Actually I just joined to find out where to report him. I know it happens to people all the time. I'm just hot. If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Pez21
Supersonic

PSN ID: FRAIMOUS21
Region: Us

Re: Scammer

Postby Lucca127 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:28 am

I got scammed too and I got prints as proofs, I need a moderator to help me, to warn my scammer or something pls
Lucca127
Supersonic

PSN ID: Lucca127
Region: South America

Re: Just got scammed, just curious where I can report him

Postby Waterbottle on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:13 am

Waterbottle wrote:
Waterbottle wrote:
Waterbottle wrote:I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it sucks to hear this but it is of utmost importance to always double check your trades and be very cautious about them. Psyonix definitely needs to implement an additional window that shows all items that are about to be traded where both parties can only accept again without being able to remove anything. Nontheless, as the system works now, you accepted the trade, therefore Psyonix cannot help you from here. If your trading partner adds a couple items while you've already accepted and afterwards removes an item, your first confirmation will be terminated. That way it is still in your hands if you want to continue the trade. It is never a good idea to blindly accept again. Either tell the other party to remove the items you didn't ask for or do not agree to the trade. I know you didn't intend for the trade to go the way it did but you had the opportunity to check correctly. But as I said since it wasn't something you couldn't have prevented, there is nothing that Psyonix can do about the transaction.
My texture mods

Problems with launching Rocket League? Please check this out
Problems logging in to Rocket League servers? Try this
Waterbottle

Region: EU

I GOT SCAMMED

Postby Sabby2003 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi guys, I know you probably get this a lot, but you can go to my account and watch what happened, I am deeply disappointed, I was just wondering if he could get my items back, or get donations to get back to where I was, thanks
Sabby2003
Supersonic

GamerTag: Sabby2003

Re: How do i report a scammer??

Postby Mr_Goldfish-DaFish on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 am

I was looking in the chat of a room trading club and saw a post saying get bmds(blackmarketdecals) all you need to do is sing. So I want and sung for them and they didn't give me a bmw but they showed me their inventories and the had about 20 of a bmd and I think every painted exotic luckily I wasn't scammed but I think that others have been scammed. Please ban these people from rl because I think they're up to no good their names are: [names removed by mod].
Mr_Goldfish-DaFish
Supersonic

GamerTag: MR GOLDFISH06

SCAMMERS

Postby Football0807 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 am

This morning I was asked to trade with a middleman involved. I have never used a middleman so I was quite cautious, however he reassured me and sounded reliable, so I accepted it. I traded my items to then see him run away and leave the party. I reported him on Xbox but I know that won't get my item back. I feel that psyonix should do something for the player to be banned and for me to get my item back
Football0807
Supersonic

GamerTag: PlayingRat860
Region: Eu

Re: SCAMMERS

Postby Volodesi on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:11 am

Psyonix does not cover trades. This is clearly stated in-game when you go to trade.

It is up to you to protect yourself.
Volodesi

Postby NoOne-NBA on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:25 am

I'm sorry this happened to you, but Psyonix has done pretty much everything they can do to prevent this, if you look at the bigger picture.

1) They warned you that all trades are final, up front.
They even mention that they will not police any trades after the fact, before they allow you to trade at all.

2) You had to agree to the trade in question, before it would go through.
There's no way for Psyonix to tell the difference between buyer's regret, and people actively attempting to scam THEM, once the trade is done.

3) If Psyonix starts returning items to people who claim to have been scammed it opens up a whole new scam against Psyonix itself.
There are some items in this game that are worth considerably more than the game itself.
That would make it profitable for people to buy a new copy of the game, use that to scam a few people, trade those items away legitimately to friends, get banned, and use the proceeds of those scams to buy another new copy of the game, and start the process over again.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

REPORT SCAMMER ID [name removed by mod]

Postby tomle05 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:32 am

Hi there,

I would like to report this player:
PSN ID: [name removed by mod]
RLG username: [name removed by mod]
PSN: [name removed by mod]

We did a trading today at ~11am (gmt+2) 29/07/17, the trading is between his Voltaic painted with forest green which costs 13-15 keys and my hexed (black market) which costs 6 keys.
However, after we agreed to trade, he changed his item and only gave me a voltaic without paiting (only costs 0.5-1 key)
And he blocked me right after. I lost my hexed item.

I would like to post here not only asking for help but also i want to share my story so that noone will be tricked by this player! :evil:
Please help to share!!!

Tomle090305
tomle05
Supersonic

PSN ID: tomle090305
Region: Norway

help i got scammed

Postby kakoshi on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:52 am

so today i decided to open rocket leauge and do some trades just for fun and then i found a guy selling white zombas so i went to him and offered him for my stuff and then he said yes and then i said ok lets do it so once we were in rocket leauge he said lets call a middleman and he called a middleman with an animus gp a goldstone and alpha cap so i said e probaply wont scam me so i gave him the items and he instantly quit the party and then the guy with the white zombas quit too here is the chat

[chat log removed by mod]

how can i get my stuff back pls help me guys i got proof i recorded it on my phone
kakoshi
Supersonic

Steam ID: kakoshi
Region: saudi arabia

Postby Fix_this_bug on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:41 am

To people that get scammed:

1. Educate yourself!!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeagueEx ... thods_and/
2. Never use a middleman, unless you're a very experienced trader. Understands how middleman work, and how to find trusted ones.
3. Always triple check the trade before you press confirm.
4. If you got scammed, its your fault, and your fault alone.
Fix_this_bug
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Sickest
Region: United States

I got brutally scammed

Postby RyserX on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:51 pm

So today I was playing snow day and this guy said he was doing a YouTube giveaway ( Chanel is [name removed by mod]) so I joined into their party. Next I knew he ( [name removed by mod] ) was showing me his stuff and said he need me to offer something as good as slipstream for clickbait. Me being stupid, I decided to put in my Sweeper Breakout type S, Capable Playmaker hypernova, and my prized loopers. After we traded I asked for them back but [name removed by mod] kicked me and left the party. If you can Psyonix, PLEASE look him up and help me in any way possible. Thanks
RyserX
Supersonic

GamerTag: RyserX
Region: US

I got SCAMMED!!!

Postby NoahsaX on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:02 am

This guy scammed my white zombas and my purple dracos plz can I have them back they were my favourite items I had
NoahsaX
Supersonic

GamerTag: NOAHSA619
Region: Xbox One

scamming

Postby chasewoodler on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:19 pm

i was trading [name removed by mod] on ps4, i offered ninja wheels draco wheels and voltaic wheels for his titanium white mantis, we both clicked accept and counting down all of the correct items were there, after the trade processed I received a regular mantis. I tried to trade back with him and he only gave me the dracos and voltaic wheels for his mantis back and immediately kicked me from the game, leaving with my ninja wheels. how can I either get my wheels back or report him to put an end to his scamming?
chasewoodler
Supersonic

PSN ID: TOXIC_MONKEY789
Region: use

I GOT SCAMMED!!!!!!

Postby Cubegamer33 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:54 am

Psyonix, I really need my cobalt oem, Zumba, parallax, and goalkeeper centio back. If you see the name: [name removed by mod] in your game, make sure to throw "you're a scammer!" At him in chat. Please psyonix. I worked hard for those items, and I really need them back, otherwise I will quit playing rocket league. Please,
Cubegamer33
Cubegamer33
Supersonic

PSN ID: Cubegamer33

Re: [name removed by mod] scammed me...

Postby Waterbottle on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Waterbottle wrote:I'm sorry this happened to you. I know it sucks to hear this but it is of utmost importance to always double check your trades and be very cautious about them. Psyonix definitely needs to implement an additional window that shows all items that are about to be traded where both parties can only accept again without being able to remove anything. Nontheless, as the system works now, you accepted the trade, therefore Psyonix cannot help you from here. If your trading partner adds a couple items while you've already accepted and afterwards removes an item, your first confirmation will be terminated. That way it is still in your hands if you want to continue the trade. It is never a good idea to blindly accept again. Either tell the other party to remove the items you didn't ask for or do not agree to the trade. I know you didn't intend for the trade to go the way it did but you had the opportunity to check correctly. But as I said since it wasn't something you couldn't have prevented, there is nothing that Psyonix can do about the transaction.
My texture mods

Problems with launching Rocket League? Please check this out
Problems logging in to Rocket League servers? Try this
Waterbottle

Re: [name removed by mod] scammed me...

Postby Volodesi on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 pm

I think the moral of the story is.

Waterbottle wrote:
Volodesi

Re: Scamming

Postby Distant Mix on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:44 pm

I was Scammed by [name removed by mod] for my sb voltaic wheels he had saffron voltaics and he glitches them and they were really regular voltaics, is there any way he can get punished or I can get my items back
Distant Mix
Supersonic

GamerTag: Distant Mix

Re: REPORT SCAMMER ID [name removed by mod]

Postby Black Yoshi on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:04 pm

was he [name removed by mod]? cause he just scammed me for my parallax just an hour ago
Black Yoshi
Supersonic

Steam ID: derptryhard

Re: i got scammed

Postby ViolentHybrid on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Dear psyonix i was trading my heatwave and when i wasnt paying attention i accidentally accepted and this guy just accepted without putting anything down and left the game and the party before i can get his gamertag so if you can please give me my heatwave back the would be very much appreciated thank you.
ViolentHybrid
Supersonic

GamerTag: ViolentHybrid
Region: Us

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support