Scamming

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Trade Scam, Please Help.

Postby NainConPetant on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:10 pm

NainConPetant wrote:sad for him but like I stated in another thread

rule #1 of trading in gaming is : Dont trade with someone you dont know or u'll learn the hard way.

They already stated that they won't get involved in the "scamming" because it would simply bring chaos to support.

If you aren't wise enought to choose who you trade to, well you deserved what happened.

Its the internet........ sad but true
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nainconpetant
Region: CANADA/USA/NA

Re: My buddy got scammed

Postby massini707 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Someone tried to scam me yesterday saying they could duplicate my Dominus GT. They said I would put it up for trade, click accept, go to network settings on my ps4 menu while the trade is happening and click "test connection" and we would "both end up with Dominus GT's".

I wasn't stupid enough to do it, but just don't believe anyone's BS because apparently people will try pretty hard and do some pretty crappy things to get Rocket League items. Its pathetic really.
massini707
Supersonic

Postby E_M_E_T on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:11 am

when you bring real money transactions to in-game trading, the legal issues get more complicated and they would not be under Psyonix's control anyways.

There is no excuse for not knowing that trading with paypal or other forms of currency is against the rules. It's true for all games, there are multiple reminders on Steam and on Rocket League websites. Valve is very clear about this, not sure how much Sony and Microsoft care ( I assume just as much if not more).

If you trade with someone and they trick you into giving them a deal you didn't intend to make, it's 100% YOUR fault. This stuff is exactly the same as scam emails, most of which get filtered out by Google anyways. If you're not mature enough to be wary of scams, you shouldn't be trading.
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USW... but idrc

Jacked up

Postby thedonva on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:28 pm

My son got scammed tonight - a simple car for car trade. The guy yanked his before hitting accept but my son did not notice until it was too late, he even tried to cancel the trade but ultimately lost his favorite car. Sure, he learned a lesson but the 4 days it took to win trophies and earn the car are gone thanks to a scammer.
thedonva
Supersonic

PSN ID: RoastedVomit
Region: US

I got scammed

Postby Supermania on Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:54 pm

The user under the name xchipx699 told me he would give me the beta nugget for my slipstream which I got the same day for 40 crates. He ends up putting junk and I lost my slipstream! Psyonix please I would love to have my split stream back! I had worked so hard for it, I sacra fixed my takumi rxt, hypernova, boosts, decals, my lobo wheels, and painted items from uncommon toppers to rare painted wheels for those crates! Psyonix please I would love a email saying I got my slipstream back! I now really don't feel like playing rocket Leauge because of the scammer! Psyonix your losing money as we'll becUse I intended to buy keys for Christmas, but it seems I won't be playing Rocket Leauge, the game I bought for $30 the collector's edition. Not to mention hours and hours of me playing each day. The moment I get home from school to the moment I have to sleep, I play Rocket Leauge. I would play the game again if I get split stream back, and if not I'll take parralx.
Supermania
Supersonic

PSN ID: Xx_supermania_xx
Region: Both

I got Scammed

Postby Shotgunvinny on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:59 am

Some on scammed me on Xbox 1 it was a Dominus GT and a Breakout Type S my Xbox is SHOTGUNVINNY21.

Thank you for Reading/listening :(
Shotgunvinny
Supersonic

PSN ID: Shotgunvinny
Steam ID: Shotgunvinny
GamerTag: SHOTGUNVINNY21
Region: PS4,XBOX 1, Steam

Re: I got Scammed

Postby Dirkened on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:38 pm

You are responsible for your own trade safety. I'm sorry but nothing can be done to return your items.
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Re: I got scammed and couldn't cancel the trade

Postby BariGoodPlayer on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:18 am

I saw the guy put junk items and take the parallax out but when I tried to cancel it, it said I couldn't and he said thanks then left, I have his name if I have to use it for reference
BariGoodPlayer
Supersonic

GamerTag: BariGoodPlayer
Region: Current version

How do i report a scammer??

Postby Jack6Robes on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:44 pm

I recently got scammed on PS4 by someone named [name removed by mod] , he said that he would he would give me a $30 PSN for a trade. I traded him Parallax, 3 cc4 crates and some other cc crates as well. He gave me half of the 'PSN Code" before and then the other after. It was a fake PSN Card and he then left. Ive tried messaging him and asking for my items back but he is yet to answer. I do have proof of the scam, a 4 minute video showing us talking then the trade to him leaving. Does anyone know if i can get him banned and/or get my items back??
Jack6Robes
Supersonic

PSN ID: Jack6Robes
Region: Australian

Re: How do i report a scammer??

Postby N7Mith on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Trading for real money is against the rules. By breaking those rules you risk getting banned.
Psyonix will not act on scams; once you hit accept, trades are final.

It appears I broke the rep system. Sorry!
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Stone822 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:25 pm

I have a slightly different scam - he originally offered Saffron Lightning Wheels, I offered a bunch of stuff in trade, and just before the final submission he swapped out the Saffron for Normal Lightning Wheels (which look the same in the trading box). Is there any way to get this trade reversed?
Stone822
Supersonic

Region: United States

Postby N7Mith on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:13 pm

No. Sorry.

It appears I broke the rep system. Sorry!
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Soccerboylam2 on Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:41 pm

I was in a trade with a guy and this guy put in a hexed, heatwave and a paralix for my black zombas. Once he clicked the trade and I hit the trade button it counted down as usual but on thing that happened shortly after was my screen went black and my game went to the home screen I then logged back in wanting to see my new decals only when I didn't see them. I didn't even see my zombas they were gone. I then invited the other guy back to the trade. He accepted the trade only for me to find that he had my zombas and the decals that he was going to trade me. After 30 minutes of me begging for him to give it back he said thanks for the free zombas and left. I was really mad at this because I worked so hard to get the black zombas. What can I do to get it back?
Soccerboylam2
Supersonic

PSN ID: Soccerboylam
Region: PS4

Postby Djb13 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 pm

I got scammed with duplicate scam is there a way to at least get him banned because I have video evidence
Djb13
Supersonic

PSN ID: Djb-_-_13
Region: Us

Postby Ninjallan [B4L] on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:34 am

Yes, it just happened to me too. I don't a video evidence but I know few people who got scammed today by him too...
This is how he does :
-I gave him a Turtle certified hat
-He went offline did something then gave it back to me while I still had it
-So I gave him some cars
-He went offline then came back
What is weird is that he had all my items, while I still had all my items and as soon as I launched Rocket League again, it was done, I had lost everything.
Please at least ban this guy to make Rocket League better...
Ninjallan [B4L]
Supersonic

Steam ID: Ninjallan [B4L]
Region: EU

Postby Lil Cookie Lover on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Some guy switched out nothing at the last second and wants painted pulsus for MY breakout type S claiming that he can duplicate everything and I don't believe him that he can at all.
Lil Cookie Lover
Supersonic

GamerTag: Yeomanbarracuda

Postby LOCHLAN V3 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Same thing happened just today gave him a turtle certified endo and unfortunately he left and took it with him and I can't get it back I don't have video evidence!
LOCHLAN V3
Supersonic

GamerTag: LOCHLAN V3
Region: EU

Postby ctbucci on Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 am

I understand RL's position on these matters but I also was just scammed - told I was receiving Orange Voltaic and received Burnt Sienna for my Sky Blue Ara's. Not a huge deal but these guys are going around and doing this to a lot of people. This "color/painted item scam" is very common. Please update the trading platform so when you highlight an item you can click on it to see the actual color and not have to play guessing games. I know you don't have time to review every trade but you could be proactive and prevent this.

Best,

Chris
ctbucci
Supersonic

PSN ID: ctbucci
Region: United States

Postby Lachlanv99 on Fri May 05, 2017 7:16 am

Idk but if anyone could help me out I got scammed by a player called [Not Moderator Approved] on PS4 he was trading then swapped white lightning for normal and I lost tora :redmad:
Lachlanv99
Supersonic

PSN ID: Lachlanvasiliou

Postby Prophet 999 on Fri May 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Lachlanv99 wrote:Idk but if anyone could help me out I got scammed by a player called [Removed] on PS4 he was trading then swapped white lightning for normal and I lost tora :redmad:

There is a reason the moderator removed the name. Name shaming and witch hunts may be allowed on private reddit threads, but not on here.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support