Scamming

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Scamming

Postby Destroyer__629 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Hello psyonix I wanted to ask you if you could give me my item back it was slipstream here's the link [link removed by mod because naming and shaming isn't allowed on the forums]
Destroyer__629
Supersonic

PSN ID: Destroyer__629

Re: I got scammed

Postby zGreenMachine- on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:00 pm

idk what happened exactly but my best advice is to never give up an item unless the other person is trading everything that you want at the same time.
Mega Help Thread by Petoskey97
GC before S5 ends? it's not happening
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

PSN ID: xGR33NM4CH1N3x
Steam ID: 76561198098758739
Region: US CST

I was deceived

Postby Light1337 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:20 am

I found someone who would exchange my decal black market and 12 keys on its decal HeatWave, he put in a trade decal and still put a lot of simple things, saying that they are not necessary, he abruptly put the decal, and click "Finish", I do not I noticed .What to do and whether it is possible to return the item or even be the swindler to punishment?
Light1337
Supersonic

Steam ID: L | G H T

Re: I was deceived

Postby AshKetchumRL on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:48 am

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all.....
AshKetchumRL
Acrobatic

Steam ID: AshKetchumRL
Region: US Steam

Postby NoOne-NBA on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:03 am

AshKetchumRL wrote:This doesn't make a whole lot of sense at all.....

It does, if you know what's happening.

I've seen a couple videos people have posted here, and have seen a few of the methods scammers are using to deceive people.
I don't really want to post how they're doing it because I don't want it to spread even farther.
Suffice to say, everyone needs to check everything carefully, before agreeing to trades.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

My buddy got scammed

Postby X1xUDoFeaRMex1X on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:17 am

My buddy wanted to trade a parallax for a heatwave the guy invites him to trade puts up heatwave then proceeds to say here you can have all this junk I don't want it then takes out heatwave without my buddy noticing and took his parallax for some junk even though it wasn't me I buy keys for this game and I don't like the poison that is starting on rocket league trading I feel if this happens the trade should be reverted or the skin should be replaced
X1xUDoFeaRMex1X
Supersonic

GamerTag: X1xUDoFeaRMex1X
Region: Us

Postby Reyske on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:26 am

Yeah, we need a patch to add an extra step (like another click, a review screen, whatever) to avoid this type of scam.
Worst South American Player.
Reyske
Acrobatic

Steam ID: reyske_cl
Region: LA

Postby NainConPetant on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:56 am

dont trade with someone you dont know

rule #1 of internet gaming trades
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nainconpetant
Region: CANADA/USA/NA

Re: My buddy got scammed

Postby NainConPetant on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:59 am

sad for him but like I stated in another thread

rule #1 of trading in gaming is : Dont trade with someone you dont know or u'll learn the hard way.

They already stated that they won't get involved in the "scamming" because it would simply bring chaos to support.

If you aren't wise enought to choose who you trade to, well you deserved what happened.

Its the internet........ sad but true
ImageImage
NainConPetant
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nainconpetant
Region: CANADA/USA/NA

Postby Reyske on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:11 am

Rule #1 of life dude.
Worst South American Player.
Reyske
Acrobatic

Steam ID: reyske_cl
Region: LA

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:24 am

It sucks your friend got scammed but it's important to pay attention when you're trading with players you don't know. The trade system gives you a couple seconds after both players accept to back out if something changes.

idk about you but if there was one item I really wanted I would have all my attention on that item to make sure this exact situation didn't happen :\
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby AshKetchumRL on Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:57 pm

The way he worded it made no sense to me. And you just gotta be smart when it comes to trading.
AshKetchumRL
Acrobatic

Steam ID: AshKetchumRL
Region: US Steam

Re: I got scammed

Postby Dirkened on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Unfortunately Psyonix will not take action on reports of scams. I'm sorry that you have had issues with that, but it's not something that we can get involved in.
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Trade Scam, Please Help.

Postby Deathuponu on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:52 pm

[link removed by mod to avoid witch hunts]

This person right here scammed me saying he would pay me 80 dollars for all the shit i had. Cars, wheels, trails, and i trusted him because hes been pretty nice, and i never noticed his RECENT VAC-BAN so obviously i take some fault in this. But, what makes this not right is that he has trade scammed me, took my items that were worth 100$ and has made profit off of them. I have contacted rocket league, and i have made a ticket. Wanna know what they said?
Hello,
Thanks for contacting the Rocket League Support Team!
We hope you are enjoying this new feature. However, we are not monitoring trades between players at this time. That being said, have a great day!
If you have any technical support inquiries, let us know.
Best regards,
The Rocket League Support Team
I was like, oh thanks! Cool! Perfect timing. It makes no sense for you, rocketleague, to NOT be monitoring trades. I demand justice against this guy or he will keep trade scamming people.
Deathuponu
Supersonic

Steam ID: Deathuponu
Region: windows

Re: Trade Scam, Please Help.

Postby AlexCuse44 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:34 pm

First of all I think it is against the terms of service to sell items for real money but that's not really my problem. How exactly did he scam you though, you did except the trade after looking at it right? Anyways there really isn't anything psyonix can do and it isn't there job to be monitoring every trade that goes on. Sorry I guess just be more careful next time.
AlexCuse44
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Steam ID: AlexCuse44
Region: US East

Postby zGreenMachine- on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:17 pm

If they WERE monitoring your trade all they would see is that you freely gave away your stuff to someone (if you were just trading items for money). And idk how they could monitor the thousands of trades that are probably happening at any given moment.

Did you give him the items before he paid you? If so that's exactly why I wouldn't trade for money at all. There's no way for him to give you the money and you to give the items at the same time. Someone has to give up their stuff first.
zGreenMachine-
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Postby Prophet 999 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Because it's against Xbox Terms of Service to sell your virtual in game items for currency, there isn't much they CAN do to support you unfortunately. While it does suck that you reportedly got scammed, I can only recommend taking it up with that individual and Rocket League can't assist with whatever your agreement was. The in game trading system is only designed for items being traded for nothing, or for other items.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

Postby Prophet 999 on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:38 pm

What you CAN do...is going forward before you yourself click accept, scroll through all the item(s) and make sure everything is there that was agreed upon. That's the only sure fire way to avoid problems.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

Postby Skaldy on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:17 am

During a trade, you need to hover over the "Cancel trade" button and watch their items closely. There is no problem cancelling repeatedly until they give you what you asked for.
Skaldy
Battle-Car
Battle-Car

Region: EU

Postby Deathuponu on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:18 pm

this is saddening news, i did not know whatsoever that trading for money was against the terms of service. I guess it IS my fault after all, i did trust him, because he has been my friend for quite some time, but now just to suddenly do this has just been so heartbreaking. I told him he didn't have to pay but he insisted, and just the way he went about it.. makes me want to somehow ban him for it. It is only after he had unfriended me, and left the party that i had looked at his profile seeing the 167 day not so long ago VAC-ban.

Well thanks for the help guys.
Deathuponu
Supersonic

Steam ID: Deathuponu
Region: windows

Next

Return to Help and Support