Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Zytheon on Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:41 am

l0wcrow wrote:My prevoius post have to be approved first! I just read the startpost again and noticed you dont use ps3/ps4 and also not the guy in the other thread i was watching the past weeks: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25973

This means its probably not the updated ps3 driver I have used and its either the bios upgrade or what I think the updated intel usb 3 driver. Just checked for your board zytheon, u need the ASMedia ASM104x, V1.16.24.0 , on the asus page the driver is outdated.

Make sure your bios settings are correct, if not enabled in bios you are not able to install the usb 3 drivers. The tool I posted in the post where I wait for approval is awesome to see if stuff is working. If you dont get low and stable values it has to be a hw issue!

So, I've tried your usb viewer tool and found out that my enum timing for devs was 500ms++ and usb was 300ms++ . I tried updating my bios. And for the Asmedia driver that you said , its not compatible with my mobo as its only for windows 8.1 and below. The asmedia driver in the asus webpage is actually quite updated as the newest one was actually released on august this year. For my controller , I already am using the latest driver for the xbox elite using the xbox accessories app.
So I've already done all of that. but the enum timings are still horrible. One thing i noticed was by uninstalling away the asmedia driver that i had , my enum timings for the devs was able to drop to 150ms++. So, I rather not have the drivers anw as they seems to be only for USB 3.0 ports.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Steam ID: junhong92
Region: Singapore

Postby mackinho on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:10 am

It got so bad for me after aqua update... The car feels like it weighs so much and i can barely move it... Is it only me?
mackinho
Supersonic

Steam ID: mackinho
Region: EU

Postby RoyaleWithCheese on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:07 am

I've been getting the same issues you all describe as well. It's driving me crazy.

I've tried all the fixes people tried in this thread, as well as updating drivers and everything.

What do we have in common then? I have:

I7 2600k
8g ram
asus p67 sabertooth motherboard
980ti
ASUS ROG PG278Q 27" 144Hz monitor

Like a comment right before me mentioned, I am getting 144 fps consistently but it still feels sluggish and stuttering.

Do we all have asus motherboards? 144 hz monitors?
RoyaleWithCheese
Supersonic

Steam ID: macabresoul
Region: United States

Postby RoyaleWithCheese on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:32 am

So I just changed my monitor to 120 hz instead of 144 and it appears to have fixed the problem of stuttering for me. I've been running at 144hz for the past year with no problems and it seems just the last weeks/month or so I've been having issues.
RoyaleWithCheese
Supersonic

Steam ID: macabresoul

Postby Zytheon on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Latest update:
Seems like my issue got completely fixed. Tested for a week or so, problem did not come back.
Well, I can't fully tell u guys what's the main source triggering it or fixing it. But I can tell u guys what I roughly done before it got fixed and how I think that's what fixed it.
So, you guys can try following the instructions to this https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -DZCB-8600.
Follow every step, for both of them, mainly the one that needs you to edit the registry in regedit. After editing all the stuff. Plug off your controller and do a restart.
For me, I always plug in my controller only after I start the game after doing those edits. *don't know if this even helps but I still did it*
Well, you guys can try it, but no promise it may also work well for you guys,but it did for me.
Good luck people, hope you all will return back to the fun times you had RL-ing.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby fixmyrl on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:37 am

Hi,

I'm having very similar issues. Steering and controlling the car overall starts feeling "sluggish" usually after a single game or some time on the arena. This is super annoying and the game becomes pretty much unplayable competitive. I feel like, for me, this started somewhere in the beginning of this month (10/2016).

I'm playing on:
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: GTX 1070
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P
Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144Hz
PS4 Controller

I've tried:
-Removing Xbox DVR (Both app and register)
-Two different new'ish NVIDIA Drivers
-Using the PS4-controller with and without DS4Windows and/or a wire/BT-dongle. No difference.
-reinstalling
-deadzone tweaks in .ini
-my other PS4-controller

Weird thing is that even a reboot doesn't fix the issue usually but when I take a few hour break it's most likely gone. For a game or two and then it's back again. Sometimes I might be able to play for hours without the lag. I've never played on keyboard+mouse, but I feel like the problem stays also there.

If anyone could relate to this and has found a solution I would really appreciate any information.
fixmyrl
Supersonic

Region: Suomi

Postby fixmyrl on Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:38 am

testtest
fixmyrl
Supersonic

Postby dro0p on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:56 am

Well, I have been reading up on a lot if this since I myself am having some issue's, perhaps not completely the same, but I can relate.

I first thought it had to be my system, because I don't have the best PC for gaming. And windows 10 was also an option to me because, let's face it, win10 is total crap.
So I did try countless of efforts with drivers, updates, old stuff new stuff, settings left and right ... ect... but it didn't do much.

I know have a "playable" solution.. but still has hick-ups.

then I started noticing 1 thing that kept coming back in the countless of posts I read over the internet. We wern't having any issue's before a certain moment in time. And I honestly feel something changed in the last big update. Either "they" are covering it up or they don't know what it is. But something did change.

Even with my shitty system, lower settings, using wifi, ... I was able to play without any issue's. And then all of a sudden getting d/c's and weid lags without any reason or changes.
dro0p
Supersonic

Steam ID: dro0per
Region: België

Postby whAtevercs on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:31 am

Do you guys get microstutter ingame while using spotify/YT videos(regardless of web browser)? The lower I cap the fps ingame the more I seem to notice microstutters while using other programs. Fps doesnt drop at all. Got an i7 6700k and gtx 1080 so hardware really should not be an issue.
whAtevercs
Supersonic

Postby acme420 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:46 am

all these issues seem to be related to lag on internet and the way psyonix handles the discrepancy between clients and server in it's netcode.

i'm on wifi and i dunno if it's help most of you. but i eliminated a lot of it by using wifi analyzer to find a channel on my router that wasn't being used by all the other devices in my radius.

once i reduced the amount of lag between my computer and router things got significantly improved. i still get lag spikes from time to time but they're much diminished since i smoothed out all the internals i could.

wifi analyzer is on the app store in windows10 and i think phones too. but there are other apps you can use to see how much interference there is on your connection and find a smoother path.
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: ĜơƋƨ[ƝǢκέƉ]Ɗɐɗ roflc

Postby dro0p on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:02 am

for me it was definately win10 / Wifi related.

(Short version:: get a cable for gaming. long story: look below)

Haven't had any problems (other then my crappy pc) since I switched to cable.

There is a serious issue with win10 wifi / wireless drivers. I am completely baffled by how many paople are facing with these issue's (not only gamers) and there is still no solution. I have been a pc gamers since 1998 and this win10 is the worst I have ever seen.. The simplest things not being fixed...

I realise I have a bad gaming "pc" atm. I play on a macbook pro bootcamped to windows. So it's not the best but I can work with it for the time being.
THe thing with this wifi is, on OSX I have almost full speed on wireless. I have a 200Mbps connection and I go easely above 150. WHen I switch to windows however.. that's a whole different story... with nothing hardware-wise changed I should be happy if I get 30-50Mbps somewhere. My upload is always around 18 Mbps on any platform or test I tried. I have tried many many driver changes, old rivers, newer drivers, other drivers, many solutions and tricks and bandage-solutions I found on the net and NOTHING worked.

I can hear you guys thinking.. this mac dipshit wants to game blabla and he is too stupid to realise it's all because it's mac.. guess again. My brother in law has got a normal win10 pc and has exactly the same issue's, even worse tbh. and then there are the 10000's of people on the internet with this issue.
dro0p
Supersonic

Steam ID: dro0per
Region: België

Postby acme420 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:57 am

windows 10 is pretty shit. i used to work at apple support, and even though OSX is ass too...windows 10 is microsofts shit attempt...or should i say the further shitty adventures of microsoft trying to copy OSX (windows 8 lol) and failing.
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Zytheon on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:30 am

So you guys fixed it by being hard wired? But if I rmbed correctly I think I saw someone who posted saying he was hard wired but still having this issue.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby fixmyrl on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Zytheon wrote:So you guys fixed it by being hard wired? But if I rmbed correctly I think I saw someone who posted saying he was hard wired but still having this issue.

I think, from what acme and dr0p have described, that their issue is different than ours. I'm still having this issue. Always been wired.

This guy has explained pretty accurately what I'm feeling and he's on PS4 not PC, so imo this just has to be some kind of bug in the game.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29269
fixmyrl
Supersonic

Postby fixmyrl on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:04 pm

whAtevercs wrote:Do you guys get microstutter ingame while using spotify/YT videos(regardless of web browser)? The lower I cap the fps ingame the more I seem to notice microstutters while using other programs. Fps doesnt drop at all. Got an i7 6700k and gtx 1080 so hardware really should not be an issue.

Yes can relate especially if using 2nd monitor for youtube/stream. But the stuttering is very different from my main problem, which is similar to the description in Zytheon's first post. " start the game and playing for a few minutes , the car will suddenly have a change in physics like everything is slowed down and seems to become very heavy, unable to turn properly as the turning is so stiff "

Zytheon wrote:Latest update:
Seems like my issue got completely fixed.

Any update? Completely fixed? Can you remember anything else you might've done to fix this? I'm on GTX1070, i7 and an excellent 1Gbps Internet so has to be some kind of bug somewhere.... I'm on PS4 controller and really suspicious atm that some controller related driver might be fucking up the game somehow. Not sure tho. Tried Inputmapper, DS4 and without. No difference. Same thing wired on USB or BT dongle. Tried to uninstall everything related from Device Manger..
fixmyrl
Supersonic

Postby Zytheon on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:31 am

fixmyrl wrote:
whAtevercs wrote:Do you guys get microstutter ingame while using spotify/YT videos(regardless of web browser)? The lower I cap the fps ingame the more I seem to notice microstutters while using other programs. Fps doesnt drop at all. Got an i7 6700k and gtx 1080 so hardware really should not be an issue.

Yes can relate especially if using 2nd monitor for youtube/stream. But the stuttering is very different from my main problem, which is similar to the description in Zytheon's first post. " start the game and playing for a few minutes , the car will suddenly have a change in physics like everything is slowed down and seems to become very heavy, unable to turn properly as the turning is so stiff "

Zytheon wrote:Latest update:
Seems like my issue got completely fixed.

Any update? Completely fixed? Can you remember anything else you might've done to fix this? I'm on GTX1070, i7 and an excellent 1Gbps Internet so has to be some kind of bug somewhere.... I'm on PS4 controller and really suspicious atm that some controller related driver might be fucking up the game somehow. Not sure tho. Tried Inputmapper, DS4 and without. No difference. Same thing wired on USB or BT dongle. Tried to uninstall everything related from Device Manger..

Tbh. I don't rmb doing anything else special other than turning off the gamedvr completely. But before that I totally removed my controller from my pc and stopped playing rl for about 2 weeks before going back.. For now, I should take back my words that it's completely fixed. I should say it's around 90% now. There's still a slight bit of problem.. Which is the power sliding.. I notice I drift and turn slower than other ppl when challenging. Other than that it seems to be quite fine.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby fixmyrl on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:18 am

Bumping this thread up since it has the most responses.

I had the weird input lag / sluggish steering / ackwards physics bug or whatever you call it. Tried a clean W10 install on my 2nd hard drive with only W10 automatic updates (including drivers) and only steam & RL installed. Used a DS4 controller with a cable. No help. Same thing. Game might run perfectly smoothly for a few games untill it "breaks" again - car doesn't response the way it should.

So I guess the issue isn't in 3rd party DS4 / Inputmapper things. Gonna try other controllers when I get one.
fixmyrl
Supersonic

Postby acme420 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:16 pm

can you save replay or record demo next time it happens?
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby fixmyrl on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:25 pm

I've now played with the following work arounds and I feel that the gameplay has been ok'ish. After roughly a month I can enjoy the game again and continue the climb to the top. Troubleshooting this is really frustrating because I the problem usually appears after a while.

No clue which one has had real impact but I've done the following.

-Unplug all other USB-devices (including mouse & kb)
-Plug in controller after starting RL (Zytheon's tip)
-Don't start any other software (including Spotify, Chrome etc. for music)
-disable cross platform game play (so no PS4 players)

The problem (car feels heavy, unable to steer or rotate and spin in the air properly etc.) definitely sometimes occurs but it’s much better than before. When it comes unbearable rebooting PC usually helps.

Would be really interesting to hear if one of these has any help for you guys!

E: im pretty sure one of the above did the trick. been playing for multiple hours tonight and got my first super champ in solo 2s. \o/
Last edited by fixmyrl on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fixmyrl
Supersonic

Postby fixmyrl on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:27 pm

acme420 wrote:can you save replay or record demo next time it happens?

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29269

The thread made my someone else above and the youtube video in post #2 describes pretty much exactly my problem.

E: the weird thing is that he's on PS4 and I'm on PC.
fixmyrl
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support