Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Zytheon on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:27 am

guys i dont know if this help for you guys but I just dl-ed this files named D3D anti lag that seems to reduce input latency for directx 9 games. So i gave it a try and it relieved tonnes of my so called "heavy car" lag . Doesnt fully removes the lag but it seems much more playable now.

heres the link: http://www.kegetys.fi/d3d-antilag-v1-01/
just extract the files and place it in the rocket league install directory under the binaries file where the rocketleague.exe file is in. Give it a try and let me know if it helps you guys.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Steam ID: junhong92
Region: Singapore

Postby bhodges1983 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:13 am

Thanks for the update Zytheon. I'll give this a try when I get home this evening.
bhodges1983
Supersonic

PSN ID: Chosen1
Steam ID: BradleyHodges1983

Postby Zytheon on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 am

Update: apparently not , that "lag" is back at its best again. happy too soon.. "sigh"
How do i fix it! omg... cant even play properly. "Pulls hair"
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby bhodges1983 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:45 am

Zytheon I tried the D3D thing but didn't have any luck. I have reverted back to the PS4 just to get some playable rocket league in. Hopefully one day we will figure out a solution to our problem.
bhodges1983
Supersonic

Postby Zytheon on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:49 am

I literally am out of solutions for this issue. I have searched high and low for any possible fix or similar problems even for other games. But come to nothing that is capable of solving it.
What I can do now is to pray for the new September update to be able to miraculously eliminate the problem.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Prophet 999 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:44 pm

I have a couple thoughts...but first, are all of these instances with a wired controller?
Many people here mention testing 'everything', but not listing what all they have tried. Have you tested using a keyboard and experienced the same?

Do you use your controller on any other games and notice input issues?

One other piece of information that would help, can you take note of the time this happens. Go to Search/Run, and type in eventvwr (dont hit enter) and then right click, and select 'Run as Adminstrator'. Check in the Windows Logs, for issues/errors under Application, and check in Custom Views, and Expand Administrative, and see if anything shows up around the time the controls/game went awall.
I don't always ragequit, but when I do, I do it in ranked.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Steam ID: Prophet4321
GamerTag: Prophet 999
Region: US

Postby Zytheon on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:28 am

They are all wired. Have tried with xbox one , xbox elite and Ds4 controller.

Seems like keyboard is also affected by this issue. What i notice is before the change of the car physics , there is a slight frame stutter before the car turns stiffly for the rest of the playtime. It was only that moment of time there is the stutter , no other stuttering issues other than that.

Dont really play other games so not too sure.

Under the administrative in custom views , I came across this errors around the time , they were all the same.

And under windows logs , applications , these errors were found around the time before the issues happening.

Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby jst on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:56 am

Back in the days when I played on PS4 this was pretty normal. It's really tough to tell what's happening there, but instead of a rocket powered car I felt that I was driving an aircraft carrier. Rebooting PS4 helped from time to time so issue was somehow related to memory/cache/overheating whatnot. We were also having a PS4 LAN one weekend and two of the machines were infected by this. Eventually we all bought PCs to avoid the issue, but I'm slightly worried if the issue is back on PC as well.

It's also really difficult to debug since at least for me I never had any visual effect to it's tough to prove on a video. It just felt that car weights like 10x normal. I've never played wireless so it's rather hard to blaim the controller as rebooting was able to fix the issue sometimes.

Hopefully you get things sorted.

I assume you've tried to:
- tweak graphics to get stable fps
- try other games with same setup
- check deadzones from .ini-file
- try DS4windows/Input Mapper

Is there an easy way to do a clean installation of RL?
jst
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: jst11235
Steam ID: o : jst

Postby bhodges1983 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:38 am

I assume you've tried to:
- tweak graphics to get stable fps
- try other games with same setup
- check deadzones from .ini-file
- try DS4windows/Input Mapper

It is not an FPS issue. We do not have any dropped frames. (I'm guessing you did not read the entire thread but not a big deal)
I don't have any issues with other games.
I changed the dead zones back to .01
I have tired ds4windows & Input Mapper.

Is there an easy way to do a clean installation of RL?[/quote]

Not sure if it was a clean re-install but me & zytheon both have tried re-installing.
bhodges1983
Supersonic

Postby Prophet 999 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:26 am

I can't see Zytheons images for some reason..so if you could try to figure that out, that'd be helpful. Second, I would download a utility from Microsoft called ProcDump and have it monitor the rocketleage.exe process. I would monitor for hangs -h, and -t for if it terminates. Something like C:\>procdump -h -t rocketleague.exe ProcDump was specifically made to monitor processes and apps, that aren't OS related, that crash, hang, or glitch out so to speak. Downloadable directly from MS here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx?tduid=(39d74197111635d29d91573ba4068e7a)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-sDR.c2Nu3FdmAUC77l1Zuw)()

Video explaining more about procdump here if you so wish: https://channel9.msdn.com/shows/defrag-tools/defrag-tools-11-procdump-windows-8--process-monitor

Alternatively, you could just run the dump before hand while it's running find to have something to reference against, then create one immediately as its doing this glitch on you, with something like c:\>procdump -s 5 -n 3 rocketleague to create 3 dumps 5 seconds apart, while it's having the issue, and post some of the text on here or send in a message. The dmp files will be rocketleague_datetime.dmp
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Postby Prophet 999 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:31 am

As a side note, I've had something VERY SIMILAR happen on xbox...where my car didn't really want to turn at all, and I could only just barely flip. It could be unrelated but it did feel like I was driving a brick with no tires. It only ever happened to me, when switching profiles from my son, to myself. If I exited the game, and re-entered, it did fine. If I just did a profile switch, it acted 'laggy' with dropped frames, ping issues, and my car felt like a brick, and nothing fixed it but a force close, and reopen...I doubt it's the same issue, but maybe something the devs could attempt to test, and mayyybe it could lead them closer to a fix, along with your guys' dump files which might provide extra debugging hints.
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Postby Zytheon on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Hmm.. seems like im not tech-savvy enough to know how to use procdump. It looks so complicated, thought it would be like an application which I would just have to enter stuff and let it scan itself. Im now quite lost with what im supposed to do.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby acme420 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:13 pm

Something i suspect with the way the netcode handles lost packets/ping spikes. In the video: according to my screen in game i was lined up for the ball literally right behind it and i go to to a front flip shot at goal. i made a slight adjustment to the left then frontflip at an angle slighly forward and right on thumbstick. i believe that i lagged right at the point where i enters the command for the flip. i was expecting the ball to sail at a moderate speed medium high and into the net. hopefully not too high cuz i came in kinda hot but let go for a second before i took the shot.

sike! what actually happened ingame was for some reason my car didn't jump like it was supposed to, it's like it was stuck to the ground then i ended up doing a shitty little half meh! hop which i can't even do on purpose (i didn't think this game let you hop just a tiny amount) and then nosedive to the left. before pausing for a second hitting the holy cow and fuck binds then racing back for a failsave attempt.

when i'm playing back the video in slow mo i notice that my car veers really hard to the left, and then when i hit jump from the cool little bubble explosion that launches you, the car doesn't even move, just keeps going for a second then does the afformentioned shitty little nosedive failsquad hop-bop.

[muffled rap music playing in the distance]
https://youtu.be/XrVZKFXPB2w
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: ĜơƋƨ[ƝǢκέƉ]Ɗɐɗ roflc
Region: United States

Postby Zytheon on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:04 pm

Prophet 999 wrote:I can't see Zytheons images for some reason..so if you could try to figure that out, that'd be helpful. Second, I would download a utility from Microsoft called ProcDump and have it monitor the rocketleage.exe process. I would monitor for hangs -h, and -t for if it terminates. Something like C:\>procdump -h -t rocketleague.exe ProcDump was specifically made to monitor processes and apps, that aren't OS related, that crash, hang, or glitch out so to speak. Downloadable directly from MS here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd996900.aspx?tduid=(39d74197111635d29d91573ba4068e7a)(256380)(2459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-sDR.c2Nu3FdmAUC77l1Zuw)()

Video explaining more about procdump here if you so wish: https://channel9.msdn.com/shows/defrag-tools/defrag-tools-11-procdump-windows-8--process-monitor

Alternatively, you could just run the dump before hand while it's running find to have something to reference against, then create one immediately as its doing this glitch on you, with something like c:\>procdump -s 5 -n 3 rocketleague to create 3 dumps 5 seconds apart, while it's having the issue, and post some of the text on here or send in a message. The dmp files will be rocketleague_datetime.dmp

So, seems like i managed to try out the procdump here and there and got something out of it.
by using the comamand c:\>procdump -s 5 -n 3 rocketleague.exe , i got 3 different dumps and here are the different errors i got.

1st one ,
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\d3d9.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for d3d9.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for d3d9.dll
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for RocketLeague.exe -
eax=06880a04 ebx=405a2c90 ecx=0000000c edx=06880a00 esi=1506daa0 edi=0000000d
eip=66f4adf8 esp=0296e7b8 ebp=0296e7f4 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200297
d3d9+0x7adf8:
66f4adf8 0fb702 movzx eax,word ptr [edx] ds:002b:06880a00=????

2nd one ,
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntdll.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntdll.dll
Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for KERNELBASE.dll
eax=00000000 ebx=0296fa10 ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=00000000 edi=0296fa10
eip=7774df4c esp=0296f9d0 ebp=0296fa34 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200212
ntdll+0x6df4c:
7774df4c c20800 ret 8

3rd one,
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for RocketLeague.exe -
eax=00000000 ebx=01fca51c ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=76a35fa0 edi=00000000
eip=7774df1c esp=0296fa38 ebp=0296fa54 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200202
ntdll!NtQueryPerformanceCounter+0xc:
7774df1c c20800 ret 8
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Prophet 999 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:26 am

Good work so far. Are you on 32 bit or 64 bit Zytheon? Also, was there anything else in the dumps, that has file paths, with c:\ ? Also look for anything with "exception"...

Pls go to the start menu, and type dxdiag, and tell me what version if applicable, of directx your on also.

Few other simpler ideas in the mean time:
* Turn off USB Power saving mode
* Try unplugging other usb devices that could be conflicting
* If applicable, turn off ATI HotKey Poller
Prophet 999
Community Helper
Community Helper

Postby Zytheon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:41 am

im on 64 bit windows 10 . using msi gtx 970 , so im on directX 12.
an example of the dump files text are:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.14321.1024 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PCme\Desktop\RocketLeague.exe_160902_125831.dmp]
Comment: '
*** procdump -s 5 -n 3 rocketleague.exe
*** Timed dump (5 seconds)'
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 10 Version 14393 MP (8 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Built by: 10.0.14393.0 (rs1_release.160715-1616)
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Fri Sep 2 12:58:31.000 2016 (UTC + 8:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:28:00.000
Loading unloaded module list
eax=00000000 ebx=01fca51c ecx=00000000 edx=00000000 esi=76a35fa0 edi=00000000
eip=7774df1c esp=0296fa38 ebp=0296fa54 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00200202
ntdll!NtQueryPerformanceCounter+0xc:
7774df1c c20800 ret 8
Last edited by Zytheon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Zytheon on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:45 am

Anw , Ive already turn off usb power saving , doesnt have other usb device other than mouse and keyboard.
And i dont think i have the ati hotkey poller service . Btw , dont know if you've read all the other posts in the front , but I have tested on different pc system , my own laptop , pc , my brother's laptop and pc .. all of them had the same problem , which is very weird. So the common stuff that i know that is common is the controller im using for those system or my steam account. Im really not sure anymore.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby acme420 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:05 am

Zytheon wrote:They are all wired. Have tried with xbox one , xbox elite and Ds4 controller.

Seems like keyboard is also affected by this issue. What i notice is before the change of the car physics , there is a slight frame stutter before the car turns stiffly for the rest of the playtime. It was only that moment of time there is the stutter , no other stuttering issues other than that.

Dont really play other games so not too sure.

Under the administrative in custom views , I came across this errors around the time , they were all the same.

And under windows logs , applications , these errors were found around the time before the issues happening.

sorry didn't see this earlier skipped right over. did you bother to google what these drivers are causing the errors?

i googles bcm42rly which automatically sounded to me like broadcomm 42 relay. which if thats what this is means most likely a networking device as in internet. anyway just google those driver names and you will find out what they are and what might be causing the issues.

https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?bo ... uage=en-us

here's one to get you started. looks like maybe you need to update/reinstall your networking drivers.

also did anyone view my video?? is this the issue you are having? car stuck and not responding right?
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Zytheon on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:00 am

I have already googled about those problems ytd , one of the fix for bcm42rly given online was to disable bluetooth collaboration service and change the registry value from 3 to 4 which i already did. for the other dll errors , Ive searched and it showed to be something to do with performance monitor or counter . tried several fix but seems like it has nth to do with the issue im facing in RL .

I've viewed your video , I can say there may be some similarities, but not totally the same .Ive faced issue where my car would get stuck and not flip, mostly when driving on the walls,feels like the wall is holding onto my car and when i jump it pulled me back straight. My car would also become very very slow and stiff to control , like its only moving half of what you're pressing on the controller.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby acme420 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Zytheon wrote: .Ive faced issue where my car would get stuck and not flip, mostly when driving on the walls,feels like the wall is holding onto my car and when i jump it pulled me back straight. My car would also become very very slow and stiff to control , like its only moving half of what you're pressing on the controller.

are these your issues? because those are the exact issues i'm trying to highlight with my video. i think it's lost packets to the server and the netcode compensating. so it moves you back to where you were last time it got some info from you about your position.
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support