Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby bhodges1983 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Can we get any possible solution to fixing this problem? There are more people that are starting to have this issue. Obviously V-Sync is always the first thing that we troubleshoot but unfortunately did not fix our issue. I am just out of ideas. I am not sure what to try anymore.
bhodges1983
Supersonic

PSN ID: Chosen1
Steam ID: BradleyHodges1983

Postby Zytheon on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:27 pm

bhodges1983 wrote:Can we get any possible solution to fixing this problem? There are more people that are starting to have this issue. Obviously V-Sync is always the first thing that we troubleshoot but unfortunately did not fix our issue. I am just out of ideas. I am not sure what to try anymore.

I guess maybe devs should start looking into this issue, doesn't seem like any simple problem as even clean install, changing controller and pc parts doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Steam ID: junhong92
Region: Singapore

Postby Zytheon on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:04 am

New discovery found attached in the picture below , after jumping , there seems to be some weird frames happening before the car ,this is happening for every jumps i make. Seems like some gpu drivers issue, but I have already tried updating to the newest ones and old drivers , both still has the same issue.

Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby bhodges1983 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:45 am

I have tried 2 different GPU's. Installing the old drivers and reinstalling the new drivers multiple times. It's not a GPU problem in my opinion.
bhodges1983
Supersonic

Postby Zytheon on Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:10 am

Wow, so is there really anyone who can suggest some solutions for us to try? Mods? Devs? Any kind IT savvy souls? We've really spent tonnes of time looking for all the solution we can think of..
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby acme420 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:14 pm

i didn't read all the replies sorry in advance.

@OP
i have something similar sounding going on. it's like there's some lag somewhere either on your computer or server or somewhere in between. you go to do a double jump and it does one weak ass jump, you go to flip and it might just do a regular jump...late... in the air your car seems like it's got no boost and barely moves like it shoud. times like this i just look down ad my controller with a puzzled look like wtf is going on.

but earlier i experienced the same thing in a game, i was pushing the ball hard and about to take a jump shot after centering the ball, and right as i was about to touch the ball the game just froze like everything stopped for a split second long enough for me to see it, and when the game unfreezes i drove past the ball and missed.

i'm all like omfgholywtfshit just happened. so i save replay.

on the replay i jump up and as i'm about to hit the ball...the game...rewinds a little bit...then goes forward...

i had to slow the replay down to 5% to see it...i believe these are the rubber bands holding your car down.

#rubberbanding #rubberbandman

lol i swear i thought this guy must be cheating or something. it literally felt like he harpooned me on the way up for the shot and yanked me back down. i was like...wtf maybe he hacked the code for that rocket league rumble shit and is using it...
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: ĜơƋƨ[ƝǢκέƉ]Ɗɐɗ roflc
Region: United States

Postby Zytheon on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:36 pm

We need more people who are having this issue to voice out so they will take note that this is happening to many. Feeling that they can't help us much individually as we already tried so many solutions. Most probably needing to send some logs for them to investigate what's the similarities between our systems that's causing all this.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Dirkened on Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:20 pm

The problem is that we have looked into it after what people said they were experiencing.
We've played on multiple configurations, controllers, accounts, etc but no combination could recreate the supposed input lag. If we can't recreate it, especially when there weren't changes that caused it, then it's basically impossible to fix
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby thebatman414 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:47 pm

bhodges1983 wrote:I have tried 2 different GPU's. Installing the old drivers and reinstalling the new drivers multiple times. It's not a GPU problem in my opinion.

Were they different manufacturers (amd/nvidia)?

Either way, I never have this issue doing anything single player, so it may not be the GPU's. I do however, get a GPU spike seemingly when the lag occurs.
thebatman414
Supersonic

Region: US

Postby acme420 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:31 am

it's not an input lag i don't think, i think it's either the way the netcode handles dropped packets maybe or something on the server end. i have a replay saved illustrating it but i don't know how to edit it and upload it to youtube. :(
acme420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: ĜơƋƨ[ƝǢκέƉ]Ɗɐɗ roflc

Postby bhodges1983 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:29 pm

Yeah they were both AMD & Nvidia graphic cards.
bhodges1983
Supersonic

Postby JollyMike on Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:57 pm

I've been having this same issue for about a week.
JollyMike
Supersonic

Postby Zytheon on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:34 pm

So this issue seems like its more of happening in the recent weeks to a number of players it seems. But looks like its hard to be solved since the mods and devs are unable to recreate the situation for themselves to feel it . Sigh..
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Paracero on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:01 pm

And here I was thinking it was in my head for the last one or two weeks.. I seriously hope this is a real issue and not a placebo, because it feels so much better when it is running as it should.

But for now I'm happy to be training in 2x gravity! If dragon ball has taught us anything, it's that doing that makes you so much cooler..
Paracero
Supersonic

PSN ID: Zero
Region: Europe

Postby Zytheon on Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Paracero wrote:And here I was thinking it was in my head for the last one or two weeks.. I seriously hope this is a real issue and not a placebo, because it feels so much better when it is running as it should.

But for now I'm happy to be training in 2x gravity! If dragon ball has taught us anything, it's that doing that makes you so much cooler..

It is for sure not a placebo effect, I can say any frequent rl player will feel it straight away when the "lag" hits.
Btw, so how did u manage to climb all the way to super champ with this issue going on? It is for sure a big problem playing against other Champs who have totally no problem with their game. If I'm not wrong think I have seen u streaming a few days back or so? Seems to have no problem back then.
If so u shud stream again so I can see if the problem is really what Im encountering.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Paracero on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:27 am

As long as you play long enough, you can get used to input lag as long as it's not unbearable. However I still think I'm playing worse than I should right now, because the car feels heavy, and seems like it maneuvers slowly in the air, and in tight turns. It's actually one of the reasons why I've streamed less lately, and I've even mentioned it in multiple occasions (used to stream almost every day).

Kind of reminds me of going back to ps4. Once I moved from ps4 to PC, everything was so quick and responsive. But when I went back to ps4 after a long while, it felt exactly how I explained couple of sentences ago. Same as when one puts VSYNC and Borderless modes on.

But how would one "see" input lag? And why I mentioned placebo is because I have nothing to compare my game to right now, and the mind can do all kinds of trickery.
Paracero
Supersonic

Postby Zytheon on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:56 am

Yes. although i can say that the "lag" that i am feeling does not really feels like input lag? Whatever directions i pressed , it doesnt delay much till being input in the game . Its actually the feeling of the car's weight , turn radius and how it manuveur suddenly getting altered and makes the game feels much slower than it should be.
You say its not unbearable , but i feel its too much to get used to when the ball is right in front of you and when i move towards it , i can miss it completely. I cant jump in time because of the supposed "weight" thats "locking" my reaction to get to any ball. It is just unplayable for me I feel.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Zytheon on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:11 am

So I went to your twitch to check out again your channel , so you are feeling the lag on the last video that you recorded on the 26 aug? titled top 100 all list.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

Postby Paracero on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:29 am

It was still there, but I've not been talking much about anything regarding input in the last few streams since I thought it might be placebo, and I wouldn't want to be annoying. In the latest stream I actually had some network lag which I think I've solved now.
Paracero
Supersonic

Postby Zytheon on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:44 am

Yea, through your stream i can spot some instances where I can see your car feeling heavier when you do front flips and aerials as I have encountered too. Obviously for those people who have never encountered it will not be able to see it and calling you drunk on stream.
Zytheon
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support