Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby cincabeza on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:07 am

Interesting Moha, 40 ping and no packet loss.

Just theorizing here, but this is another reason I believe HCB is coming from how the game fundamentally uses network, client-side prediction, client-side syncing, whatever, something is buggy and when the network/server connection is not optimal HCB defaults as a sort of "latency protection", trying to keep up until things can get caught up - why often just sitting there mid-game and not playing allows the game to "catch up with itself" and no HCB. HCB isn't as much an issue with lower data load maps like Beckwith and Beckwith Midnight, and not so much an issue during non-peak hours when network congestion is low.

Sure the servers might theoretically be sufficient to run the game, the graphics load overall may be manageable, but the way the game uses network is super inefficient and chokes resources to varying degrees, depending on an individuals particular setup.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby l0wcrow420 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:24 am

moha wrote:Now I've seen everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S857VtsYsc

nothign unusual - desync at its finest :(

here is something from the poe wiki which explains it pretty good - you can perfectly use it

Desync is a situation where the game client on a player's computer and the server is out of sync with each other, specifically with the position of players and monsters. This is because information does not travel instantly from the client to the server over the internet. To not allow cheating the server's decisions take precedence over the client.[2] This means a heavily desynced player may actually be standing next to monsters when they appear to be safe from the player's point of view. This is different from network lag (high latency), and desynced clients can still have low ping.

Symptoms

The following are possible symptoms of desync:
"Rubberbanding": When the game resyncs players may be "teleported" back to their actual position. Depending on how severely they were desynced, this may be up to several rooms away.
A monster standing still, neither attacking nor taking damage. This means the monster is actually in a different position.
Area of effect skills may appear to affect monster outside the area of effect. This means the monster is actually inside the area of effect on the server.
Items always drop from the actual position of the monster, which may be far from the apparent position.
Taking damage from invisible effects. Generally damage is much better synced than positions or visual effects.
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby GalaxyWaves on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 am

HCB is at it's worst right now for me. I can barely even turn without having to powerslide. I also noticed that my car rubberbands a lot when HCB is at it's prime and does many wierd things. I have already tried Ali's driver fix, but it seems to have gotten worse as time progresses.
I also have a question, would windows still install their Nvidia drivers after I have installed the most recent Nvidia driver? Could that be the case?
GalaxyWaves
Acrobatic

PSN ID: andriysicko
Steam ID: Yzhas Csgo500
Region: US

Postby alialhafidh on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Yes, the whole point of this issue is that Windows is installing their own driver copy on top of the Nvidia one. My solution calls for allowing Windows to install its own drivers and letting that be the only driver on your PC. Like I said, I'm willing to help anyone but on discord and not on this forum. So private message me or add me on steam.

Join my discord channel: https://discord.gg/3jnPBEA
alialhafidh
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Nazerous

Postby moha on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Yeah, I've recorded a lot of desync but that one just seemed crazier because the ball was still after resync and 2 players had hit it, but maybe in replay they both would have missed the ball... I should have checked. Either way it was pretty messed up.
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby tnypxl on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:56 pm

cincabeza wrote:Interesting Moha, 40 ping and no packet loss.

Just theorizing here, but this is another reason I believe HCB is coming from how the game fundamentally uses network, client-side prediction, client-side syncing, whatever, something is buggy and when the network/server connection is not optimal HCB defaults as a sort of "latency protection", trying to keep up until things can get caught up - why often just sitting there mid-game and not playing allows the game to "catch up with itself" and no HCB. HCB isn't as much an issue with lower data load maps like Beckwith and Beckwith Midnight, and not so much an issue during non-peak hours when network congestion is low.

Sure the servers might theoretically be sufficient to run the game, the graphics load overall may be manageable, but the way the game uses network is super inefficient and chokes resources to varying degrees, depending on an individuals particular setup.

Could playing through VPN resolve this in any way?
tnypxl
Supersonic

Steam ID: tnypxl
GamerTag: tnypxl

Postby jerraa1 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:10 pm

GalaxyWaves wrote:HCB is at it's worst right now for me. I can barely even turn without having to powerslide. I also noticed that my car rubberbands a lot when HCB is at it's prime and does many wierd things. I have already tried Ali's driver fix, but it seems to have gotten worse as time progresses.
I also have a question, would windows still install their Nvidia drivers after I have installed the most recent Nvidia driver? Could that be the case?

Same for me man. Today was so bad.. Everyday I come to this shitty forum to look if any devs helped. Guess I need to stop...
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

Postby KarbonIced on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Just curious was anyone who's still testing able to recreate the bug in a local exhibition match with bots? If you do make sure to save the replay and see if you can capture a slow flip or something or you can upload the replay file so other ppl can view it on their own pc's.
KarbonIced
Acrobatic

Steam ID: KarbonIced

Postby aceworm on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:06 pm

Got so slow tonight I had to swap out the controller for it to reset, I could barley get back to goal to even touch a ball. I noticed the bug became more apparent to feel the lower the cam stiffness, maybe the zoomed out camera to the lack of speed actually attained by the car makes it even more feelable. It gradually slowed down game by game until it was unplayable. Once the controller was changed it felt faster, then the cycle repeated. My last shot in the dark is going to be USB cables, purchased one that meant to be designed solely for ps4 pads, as ive noticed controller disconnects recently as its not a perfect fit, maybe this imperfect fit is causing lag when it changes from bluetooth to wired constantly without me knowing.

Last thing to try, then i will only visit here once every 2 weeks to see if there's a fix. Like the rest it's pointless now to keep trying.
aceworm
Acrobatic

Postby Icerado on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I actually replied to another thread entirely and somehow it ended up here
Last edited by Icerado on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icerado
Supersonic

PSN ID: Icerado

Postby l0wcrow420 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Does anyone understands his post - I seriously dont get the point...
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Just read it too. I'm confused as well.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby tnypxl on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm

It feels like Icerado replied to the wrong post.
tnypxl
Supersonic

Steam ID: tnypxl
GamerTag: tnypxl

Postby GalaxyWaves on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Just saw Rocket League collectible toys at Walmart LOL
GalaxyWaves
Acrobatic

Postby cincabeza on Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:54 pm

He probably had multiple tabs open and posted in the wrong thread - it is clearly not intended for this discussion so every one just disregard.
cincabeza
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PSN ID: cincabeza
Steam ID: cincabeza

Postby l0wcrow420 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:07 am

Okay guys... I was able to record a masterpiece of hcb in action :P I mean just watch it - only a blind couldnt see this shit! There is nothing more to say...probably I am just to stupid to flip and thats why I always dodge right into the ground...all in my head

edit: you guys think I should put this on reddit? I mean I dont want to argue there - wont make any comment at all beside posting the video
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalaxyWaves on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:16 am

@ l0wcrow420, may I ask what software you used to record this? I would like to make a video of my own
GalaxyWaves
Acrobatic

Postby Compact on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:45 am

l0wcrow420 wrote:Okay guys... I was able to record a masterpiece of hcb in action :P I mean just watch it - only a blind couldnt see this shit! There is nothing more to say...probably I am just to stupid to flip and thats why I always dodge right into the ground...all in my head

edit: you guys think I should put this on reddit? I mean I dont want to argue there - wont make any comment at all beside posting the video

You are boosting while in flip. That makes you hit the ground :|
Compact
Supersonic

Postby l0wcrow420 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:20 am

yeah I kinda forced a few but I mean thats not what its about but well who cares I guess ;) just look how it pushes under the car each time I flip...
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalaxyWaves on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5O-0Alqvy0

Made a video of my gameplay and experiences with HCB. It's so bad right now I have a hard time playing against guys far below my rank. It doesn't really give any evidence, but it's worth a shot :P
GalaxyWaves
Acrobatic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support