Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby Compact on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am

l0wcrow420 wrote:
alialhafidh wrote:
GalactixJR wrote:I just wanted to get a final push. It's hard to just give up on something you've invested thousands of hours into.

I'm giving this update next week one last hope. After this I'm seriously going to move on. I'll check back up when the new update drops and we can talk a bit more. But if it's not fixed next update I'm bailing for sure, and I encourage others too as well. We'll find out what happens. Talk to you next week guys! :)

You do realize CEN5ORED and I figured out the problem right. Have you even tried our fix... It takes less than ten minutes. Try it and stop acting like it's the end of the world.

wait what workaround?? I am on windows 7 - please give me a quick what to do what takes 10 minutes and I will definetely do.

That "fix" is only for windows 10 - windows 7 doesn't do any of the things they mention.
Compact
Acrobatic

Postby l0wcrow420 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:32 am

Would be nice to have someone posting a quick step by step guide starting with which version of win 10 I need to download and where. I assume Win 7 Key should still work to activate win 10 even if I actually dont need to activate anyways to test out right.
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby Compact on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:42 am

l0wcrow420 wrote:
alialhafidh wrote:
GalactixJR wrote:I just wanted to get a final push. It's hard to just give up on something you've invested thousands of hours into.

I'm giving this update next week one last hope. After this I'm seriously going to move on. I'll check back up when the new update drops and we can talk a bit more. But if it's not fixed next update I'm bailing for sure, and I encourage others too as well. We'll find out what happens. Talk to you next week guys! :)

You do realize CEN5ORED and I figured out the problem right. Have you even tried our fix... It takes less than ten minutes. Try it and stop acting like it's the end of the world.

wait what workaround?? I am on windows 7 - please give me a quick what to do what takes 10 minutes and I will definetely do.

It's only for windows 10 - windows 7 doesn't do any of the things they are mentioning.

EDIT: Sorry for double post
Last edited by Compact on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Compact
Acrobatic

Postby GalaxyWaves on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:29 am

I have Windows 10 and this fix didnt work for me...
GalaxyWaves
Acrobatic

PSN ID: andriysicko
Steam ID: Yzhas Csgo500
Region: US

Postby CEN50RED on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:41 am

try this , try that, server this, server that, this works, that works, wait no this works, no it doesnt, how did you, but they said, sean? ps3. everything in here is a forum of people putting unproven shit. it needs to be shut down! it is not beneficial in any way. the cunts who need to fix it arent here. most of you have put them off giving a fuck about it with all the utter nonsense you come up with. psyonix ban me please you bunch of useless cunts!!! doubt theyd even get around to it counting all their money from dumb cunts buying worthles digital crap. mic drop fuck off
CEN50RED
Acrobatic

Steam ID: CEN50RED
Region: OCE

Postby xWILLx101 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 am

Also if the problem is found on *every platform* the fix won't be PC only!
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

GamerTag: xWILLx101
Region: EU

Postby GalactixJR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 am

Found on every platform? It's not a problem on our end. Psyonix obviously messed something up with the game. There's is actually 0% chance we will "find" a fix on Console because there isn't one. Don't even deny it. I've spent 2 years trying to find one, but there isn't a single thing we can do. That's why RL is the only game fucked up.

I also tried the fix you guys proposed and it didn't do anything, GalaxyWaves also mentioned it didn't work.

We shouldn't have to download some bullshit for 1 GAME TO WORK. That's proof RL is just screwed the hell up!

Also, why did everyone blow off the whole thing about them locking the Console Commands behind the Engine? (Physics Performance, Inputs, ect.) That's solid proof they're hiding the fact the game is broken.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby xWILLx101 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:10 am

Well no, what I'm saying is that the people trying to find a fix will literally find nothing with PC-exclusive solutions, e.g going back to Windows 7, and installing programs on PC.

If the problem is on every platform, there'll be a common factor. So it's either got to be a coding bug or internet/server issues.
xWILLx101
Acrobatic

GamerTag: xWILLx101
Region: EU

Postby GalactixJR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Welp. It's just as I suspected the whole time and absolutely know it's a server/code issue. It's not our ISP's or anything. We've tested everything regarding it including packet loss, ect.

So it's Psyonix job to fix it. We've known this for sure for over 2 months now.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby moha on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Well it's not server/internet because this also happens offline. So it's probably a problem with the unreal engine, code or steam...
moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Yep. It's not just limited to Steam, so we can rule that out completely.

Basically everyone here has suspected it to be code issue from the very start, I know deep down in my heart that's what it is. This doesn't make any sense how it couldn't be.

So that's what I will always stick with. That OS fix you guys found could communicate differently with the game code, reducing the issue, but ultimately it's still proof that the code is messed up with the game. It's not everyone else's job to make a new OS to work for just Rocket League. Psyonix needs to gather their knowledge and stop using roundabout fixes and actually fix the core issue, the code. This absolutely has to be something we agree upon.

The fact that "fix" still has the bug showing up after hours, shows the OS is more optimized and efficient, but the bug still shows up. Which further proves the game eventually messes up due to a code issue. End of story.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Cyanyde_Fox on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:47 pm

GalactixJR wrote:Welp. It's just as I suspected the whole time and absolutely know it's a server/code issue. It's not our ISP's or anything. We've tested everything regarding it including packet loss, ect.

So it's Psyonix job to fix it. We've known this for sure for over 2 months now.

*Known for most of a year, minimum 8 months. And they've proven less than willing for most of the time since this thread was started to even acknowledge it exists, despite the weekly and even daily posts here for most of that, plus the reddit threads, pro tweets, videos, etc etc; Finally sent 1 person to have a quick look at it for a week, basically confirmed they have no idea what's going on, can't even figure out conditions that would theoretically cause it, nevermind actually reproduce or fix it, and have thus returned to silence. Impressive.

To the other people posting about having fixed it: Windows insider builds and NVIDIA drivers are not a fix. Proved that a year ago. It will return sooner or later if you have it, unless Psyonix actually fix it in an update. Maybe its fine for a week, maybe its fine for a month, but those things are not the root cause as other people mentioned that doesn't explain consoles or people on win 7/8.1 or people with AMD GPUs etc etc.

Anecdotally game has been playing a lot better for me recently, with basically no changes by me, was actually near perfect last night and ball contacts have always remained better since they suddenly improved a month ago. Here's hoping it stays and that the new ingame friends thing they're working on might fix this at least for PC until they hit the other platforms with it.. Likely? ehhhhh, I mean since they've managed to mess up a basic physics sim in a super old industry standard engine I doubt it, but we can hope at least.
Cyanyde_Fox
Acrobatic

Steam ID: cyanyde_fox

Postby GalactixJR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:51 pm

100% agree with you Fox. Well written.

Like I've been saying, this update coming up next week will be do or die. As much as Psyonix has retreated to silence, I do think they know they're starting to head into some deep water. We'll find out next week.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby alialhafidh on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:30 pm

GalaxyWaves wrote:@ alialhafidh
Hey, do I only install Physx and the driver itself?

Yes, just those two. All the other options are superfluous (if you want them).
alialhafidh
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Nazerous

Postby alialhafidh on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm

You guys do realize that the reason you feel the issue in FREEPLAY (which I tested and made sure was offline) is affected not by the game's code (EVERYONE WOULD HAVE THIS ISSUE AND NOT EVERYONE DOES) but by some sort of driver issues. I just tested this about 5-6 times in a row. Deleting my drivers, allowing windows to drop their own bullshit drivers in (they do this on insider and noninsider builds), and then installing nvidia drivers myself reproduces the HCB every single fucking time in freeplay and online. Once I remove drivers and make sure there's one copy (either just Windows or just from Nvidia) then the HCB goes away. It is not present whatsoever in my game right now. The handling hasn't changed a bit from a week from today when I first found the fix. This is not coding error in Psyonix's game I assure you. The game does have bugs in car movement and control but they're minimal and affected mostly by shitty servers and do not cause the HCB. I'm sorry to say but I'm not trying to take Psyonix's side but our issue is definitely representative (as proven by myself) that this is an issue on our computers (not caused by us persay but by Windows). There is truth to when Sean said that if the game was inherently bugged everyone would be complaining and I believe him since an issue like ours is like the PLAGUE. Everyone would be pissed off.
alialhafidh
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 pm

That's something no one on this thread can understand. Not everyone has great perception, maybe players don't actually notice (extremely likely), haven't played enough to care or notice.

How hard is it to understand that? How the hell is it a driver problem when; Rocket League is the only game that is affected, I never changed my drivers from when the game ran perfect, game felt terrible after a major update to the game and no changes were made to hardware or software on my end, it's an issue on Consoles as well (no other games experience this).
Last edited by GalactixJR on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Cyanyde_Fox on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 pm

alialhafidh wrote:You guys do realize that the reason you feel the issue in FREEPLAY (which I tested and made sure was offline) is affected not by the game's code (EVERYONE WOULD HAVE THIS ISSUE AND NOT EVERYONE DOES) but by some sort of driver issues.

Explain PS4 then
Cyanyde_Fox
Acrobatic

Steam ID: cyanyde_fox

Postby Shigakure on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:35 pm

alialhafidh wrote:You guys do realize that the reason you feel the issue in FREEPLAY (which I tested and made sure was offline) is affected not by the game's code (EVERYONE WOULD HAVE THIS ISSUE AND NOT EVERYONE DOES) but by some sort of driver issues. I just tested this about 5-6 times in a row. Deleting my drivers, allowing windows to drop their own bullshit drivers in (they do this on insider and noninsider builds), and then installing nvidia drivers myself reproduces the HCB every single fucking time in freeplay and online. Once I remove drivers and make sure there's one copy (either just Windows or just from Nvidia) then the HCB goes away. It is not present whatsoever in my game right now. The handling hasn't changed a bit from a week from today when I first found the fix. This is not coding error in Psyonix's game I assure you. The game does have bugs in car movement and control but they're minimal and affected mostly by shitty servers and do not cause the HCB. I'm sorry to say but I'm not trying to take Psyonix's side but our issue is definitely representative (as proven by myself) that this is an issue on our computers (not caused by us persay but by Windows). There is truth to when Sean said that if the game was inherently bugged everyone would be complaining and I believe him since an issue like ours is like the PLAGUE. Everyone would be pissed off.

I don't want to argue with anyone here, I'm not sure if this is related to Psyonix, I might have both the hcb and also a different problem. People here say they don't notice this problem in any other games. I notice the same thing in Brawlhalla, I've posted this before, but people probably think my problem is different, although the symptoms are the same, and are random like it happens to all of you guys.

Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't, late times seem like it goes better, although is not the case every time.

Anyways, if you could post a detailed tutorial on how to do the process you do, I wouldn't mind to try it, but people here make a point; this happens in ps4 as well.

If for you is working, I would like to give it a try, it might help me. I formatted my computer a few days ago, because it was going too good, and also to take another chance at the hcb, and it didnt help at all.

Anyways, I just think we should keep trying to discuss this. I don't know if Psyonix is guilty of this or not, I know a lot of people are angry towards Psyonix, and to an extend I agree, because I truly believe they could provide more help, even ask any of us for our computer, or to visit us. This problem happens to more people than they think, even people who hasnt posted here.

Most of the players will tell you is placebo and all that bullshit, they don't deal with that, they don't care about that, and for them we are all whiny kids, but we know this is something that is actually happening, and for a very long time. I moved about two weeks ago, with different modem, different isp, different "electrical" area, and it didnt help at all, zero. I haven't changed any parts of my pc since I got it, but lots of people have tried different parts and pc and they say it doesnt work, so I don't know.

I wish I would know someone who is very good at rocket league, and just tests his and my pc, and try different things. Unfortunately I do not, the only thing I could do, is try to go to one of those lan tournaments in california, if there is one, and try their pcs, and all of that. If any of you guys know about this, I would definitely go there and check it out. Besides all of that, there's no much I can think of.
Shigakure
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: shigakure
Region: United States

Postby alialhafidh on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 pm

I would be down for a discord session attacking this bug soon. I can offer my insight in my solution and we can see if we can get to a commonplace agreement on what's going on. Trust me talking is way easier and more productive than all this forum vitriol. My discord channel (https://discord.gg/3jnPBEA). Feel free to join and add me on Steam (Nazerous) and discord or PM on here.
alialhafidh
Acrobatic

Postby moha on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:00 am

moha
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support