Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 am

Doom. What are you saying? This issue is so much harder than you could ever even begin to fathom. We've tried everything, tried macros, checked FPS, checked hardware usage, ect.

We've tried all of that since day one and it lead us on a long path to nothing. Everyone from the start said it was hardware as well, but how does my CPU, GPU, RAM go to shit after an update? Do you not understand those stupid odds that you're betting everything on? It makes no sense. I understand but we've tried it all man.

Also when you say it will never get solved without a "reproducable method" I crack up laughing. The "heavy aim" situation for Halo 5 got majorly fixed from 343i (Developers of Halo 5) on their own terms. They found the issue and fixed it. No one ever gave them a reproducable method. That's what the Developers must do. You don't seem to understand we don't get access to all the files in the game. Which we shouldn't. But if we did have access to them all we would be able to find a fix because we would pour through the game code to find something or compare values to old versions of the game, something that seems as though the Developers have failed to do thus far.

Also you come back at terrible times with a huge loss of information that we've already discussed;

Something that has to be noted here everyone, is that the game doesn't feel the same online vs offline.

1. Load into Training.
2. Turn your internet connection completely off so you're not connected to a network.
3. Give it about 10 seconds and you will feel a small lag and the game will feel different.

Now connect back to the internet and give it 10 seconds and it will feel different. This is such a dumb issue. The game isn't even the same Completely Offline VS Online.

The game is always terrible Completely Offline but Online is where you hit the Refresh Lags and it's super inconsistent, goes anywhere from good to bad. So it's a Network and Offline issue.

Issues:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Completely Offline Issue: The car is very unresponsive. (After Testing: Resolution to 640x480 feels quite a lot better than 1920x1080 both capped at 60FPS, let me know what you guys think.)

2. Online Issue: No parity to Completely Offline, Game Settings changing on the fly, including (car responsiveness, bounces, hitboxes, hits, ect.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you coming here so darn confused when it's been discussed; But if you don't understand Offline and Online having 0% parity and you still think the game isn't broken, I don't even know what to say to you. That is proof in itself something is very wrong. That's like playing CS:GO and the spray patterns are different Offline VS Online (even worse than my example.)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 am

I just want an upgraded server to test out. I think the servers are bad and could cause this, but I genuinely think it's the code.

But screw it man, get us an upgraded server for Christ sake. It's the least you could do. What, it would cost you like $6.00 a day to run us a super nice server. You easily have the money.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Doomstrike on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:24 pm

You completely missed understood what I was trying to say. At this point everyone is trying to solve 9 different problems that aren't all the same but somewhat end up in the same area. Start with one thing. If offline the game is shit then figure that part out before you add complexity around network and online. You rage out when I'm trying to help identify something. If there is an issue offline that is way easier to trouble shoot then when you add the network side of things. Try and fix one thing at a time. If anything Psyonix has also stated that free play is local and should be affected by the network. So if anything if you play offline then plug back in and your game changes then right there we have something to look at. No shit its complicated Sherlock or else it would be fixed already. I didn't deny you it existed nor did I chew anyone out. I'm trying to narrow it down a bit since you guys since your are all over the place. Sort out offline first thats what I would try to solve first. You said when you plug in a cable the game changes. Well that's a start. run wireshark do a packet captures. The only thing that should change is that steam checks in online and syncs cloud. If something else is going on then you can identify that and submit it to Psyonix. Just calm down instead of going off the second someone else tries to give a new idea or perspective. I have to be some dam choosy about the words I say because you all harp on them. Maybe I should of said hey in offline mode instead of I don't get. I'm not so dammed confused as you put it its just that the way you guys go about trying to trouble shoot this is all over the place.

If all of you have issues offline regardless of the different problems online I suggest you focus on that. It most likely is the root for the online issues in some way as well but at least its a common ground. Even if you you don't all have the same issue but you still have problems offline then at least you have less moving parts to deal with
Doomstrike
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

Postby jerraa1 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:58 pm

You can all talk shit and stuff after 68 pages and years going trough but why is psyonix not updating us with things they do. Cant they like look in the codes or something like that? Are they like hiding something from us? Screw this shitty company with their hard work on cosmetics. And with the server thing. WHY CANT THEY SAY SOMETHING LIKE; WE CANT DO THAT BECAUSE BLA BLA BLA. FFS keep reading devs, i know you see this message
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

Rocket League Heavy Car/ Very Hard to Aerial and Turn

Postby GalaxyWaves on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm a previous Season 2 Grand Champion, and ever since Season 3 came, my game has changed. The game mechanics just feel very slow... and it feels like I'm controlling a truck. It's been on and off during season 3, and I would have that 1 day every month where everything felt really nice and light. I have tried nearly everything to fix this problem on both my pc (expensive rig) and ps4.
Nowadays, the game is just unplayable, I can barely even compete with Platinums and Golds.
Anyways ... the only thing I haven't tried fixing is my network configuration ( apart from using a wired connection over wireless). Recently, I tried turning on my ps4 without a connection and hopped into freeplay only to notice that the game felt much better without a connection. Then as soon as I reconnected the ps4 to my internet, it lagged for a good 5 seconds and it was back...
It would be great if Psyonix could look into this problem. Thanks !
GalaxyWaves
Supersonic

PSN ID: andriysicko
Steam ID: Yzhas Csgo500
Region: US

Postby aceworm on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm

With how changeable this bug is amongst players i dont think this will really prove anything, as i dont think it'll prove much the offline vs online argument but i'll add my 2 cents at the moment.

At present my games feels good in freeplay, it is only when i enter online the problems persist. On first entering the game, i do not feel any 'lag' when disconnecting my game after 10 secs like galatix described in freeplay, nor when i plug it back in. It's generally very good, dribbles and air dribbles are easily possible. I get some jumpy lag a few seconds before my game conects and finds a game (is this normal for everyone) but thats it.

I hop online, the game generally feels off, slow turns, strange hits and air dribbles are incredible hard to pull off. I have perfect ping, no packet loss when i ping the server, 40mb down, 10 up.

I hop back into freeplay and it feels good again, i try the internet on and off, still no change. So as far as i can conclude at the MOMENT, for ME. it seems to be just an online thing. although i don't feel people are lying about the freeplay thing. I myself have felt it slow there as well.

Edit* I change my car from dominus which is dlc to octane and restart the game, the map is champions feild, the game feels ok. but not as good as freeplay
This is how changeable the bug is.
Last edited by aceworm on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aceworm
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Doomstrike. Do you not understand that we've all been putting ideas down, I've put my ideas down already and yet the Developers won't reply or acknowledge what I'm even saying, or if they do, they reply saying how wrong I am, but won't take 10 minutes out of their day to explain something to me. They act as if I'm supposed to know about it. I'm not a game Developer, give me information. Everything that you say we "should be doing" we've already been doing and have tried doing. We aren't trying to solve 9 different things, if you'd read we are trying to figure 2 things out here. Why there's no parity between Offline vs Online, which we've never gotten a reply from, and the Servers which we haven't gotten a reply from.

I actually read through more and wanted to apologize for being an ass. Some of your points I totally agree with, while on the other spectrum you have to understand that we are trying man. We absolutely need answers to things way sooner, so we can adjust our knowledge and move forward. Yet they aren't providing that. Also what I typed below needs to be addressed by outsiders, that we absolutely can't prove this without certain tools. Just read below:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
I was looking through some of the files today and found some code that lets you use the Console Commands, it says you need to hit the ` (Tilde Key) to open it. Upon further investigation, the Console Commands are hard coded to the Engine of the game. We will never, ever figure this issue out until we can access those commands. Why? Because those commands feature things like monitoring; Physics, Physics Debugging, Input, Input Debugging, ect.

Why this is locked behind the Engine makes no sense. Psyonix claims that we need an "exact reproducable method" yet they don't even provide the tools to prove this problem even exists. Just like Jerra was saying, are they really trying to hide something from us? It sure as hell seems like it after finding this. If we got access to debugging the PHYSICS we would expose this issue in a day, I promise you. Why would they not think of this as the first step? Surely they thought of this, but never mentioned it. I genuinely feel like they know this problem is real, but keep it on the down low. I'm actually pissed. They make us go the hard route, "Record macros, redo your entire PC, it's in your head, you're insane, blah blah blah, hardware" are you joking? You guys wouldn't even mention you had the tools this entire time? ARE YOU JOKING.

TLDR: PSYONIX WON'T EVEN GIVE US THE TOOLS TO FIGURE THIS ISSUE OUT. THEY HAVE THE CONSOLE HARD CODED TO THE ENGINE WHICH WE WILL NEVER GET. WHICH INCLUDES DEBUGGING AND MONITORING OF INPUT AND PHYSICS PERFORMANCE. SO TO EVERYONE SAYING WE NEED "PROOF" IT"S NOT EVER GOING TO HAPPEN WITHOUT THE CONSOLE COMMANDS.
Last edited by GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalaxyWaves on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Just posted a topic about Heavy car bug, and my thread was deleted...
GalaxyWaves
Supersonic

Postby alialhafidh on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 pm

GalaxyWaves wrote:Just posted a topic about Heavy car bug, and my thread was deleted...

Holy fuck seriously? Was there any profanity or anything in it? That's literally censoring material if your post was fine.
alialhafidh
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Nazerous

Postby CEN50RED on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Who in this forum can explain the features of the inside of the ball? If you cant, you have no idea what we are talking about and your opinion isnt appreciated
CEN50RED
Acrobatic

Steam ID: CEN50RED
Region: OCE

Postby CEN50RED on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm

ROFL flightlesskiwi dafuq you doing in here?
CEN50RED
Acrobatic

Steam ID: CEN50RED
Region: OCE

Postby GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 pm

??????
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby GalaxyWaves on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:44 pm

@ alialhafidh

I just realized that my post is now in this thread for some reason.
It was initially a thread of it's own...
GalaxyWaves
Supersonic

Postby jerraa1 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40 am

Roses are red, violets are blue, Im sick of this heavyness poo. ARE YOU TOO? Can see psyonix scrolling through. They dont do nothing too, thats cause they dont give a fuck about you. Keys are their thing but not the key to solution. This wont ever get solved, pls psyonix stick those keys up your ass but do it softly
Last edited by jerraa1 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

Postby l0wcrow420 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:24 am

jerraa1 wrote:Roses are red, violets are blue, Im sick of this heavyness poo. ARE YOU TOO? Can see psyonix scrolling through. They dont do nothing too, thats cause they dont give a fuck about you. Keys are their thing but not the key to solution. This wont ever get solved, pls psyonix stick those keys up your ass.

rep up for that - nice one :P
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby Hudson on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 am

Just wanted to point out that it's a lot faster for me in workshop maps if that matters.

Try out the dribbling challenge if you haven't.
Hudson
Supersonic

Postby moha on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:46 am

My friend started to feel the bug too. I just laughed and said "Finally!".

I was in a 3 man party and in the middle of the game I got a loading screen and this happened: https://imgur.com/pDKsRmM. I was in the discord with my friends so I'm sure that my internet didn't disconnect. Everyone else stayed at the server...
moha
Acrobatic

Postby Viking on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:36 am

@Hudson
Yes, I am experience exactly the same. If I am playing like Obstacles Maps, there is no issue at all. Except for a Map I was playing once, which had a roation wheel , where was no way to get throug, because the speed was abnormal fast. Nevertheless my car feels great.
Viking
Supersonic

Steam ID: Viking
Region: EU

Postby GalactixJR on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

New update news dropped today. It looks so fucking awesome man, but sadly we're painfully going to have to wait till the next update, then the next update, then the next update, then the next update, so the game MIGHT get fixed. :laugh:
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby alialhafidh on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:43 am

A bunch of my friends and others in games have been complaining and referencing either our issue or just general lag since the servers have been even more ASS than usual lately. Hopefully this turns into an uproar. I want chaos and havoc thrown at Psyonix to get their act together and troubleshoot their horribly bugged game.
alialhafidh
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Nazerous

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support