Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Weird lag/controller input /car becomes slowed down

Postby aceworm on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:29 pm

I do believe only certain people experience this, I believe its locational, some people just happen to be in a place and be lucky enough that it works well. And that's why some don't have it or it goes away shortly. Theres no way people who stay consistently is the top 100, champions and above on a day to day basis have this bug. And if they do it will be to a much lesser scale, you cant be that good with this bug.

Maybe you did have it before season 3 galactic, but only with time did you realise something must be off, for me it took around to the 1000 hour mark I started noticing the patterns and feeling the subtle differences. It was always one of those games where i thought one day amazing the next I can barely touch the ball though, only with 1000 hours you start to suspect a bug, you too caught up in the fun at the start.

Neo Tokyo and the experimental maps was the first time i thought, hey have they tweaked the gravity, however who knows.

It was so bad the other day there wasn't a single individual moment where i had chance to hit the ball, thats how the split seconds matter. I was just a witness in the game losing every ball. :(
Last edited by aceworm on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
aceworm
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:22 pm

I don't believe that for a second. You can still be a Champion and experience this bug. Before I stopped playing, I was competing against some of the best in the game and could still win. That's the point I want to make. You can still be very good with the bug, but it limits how good everyone is. It handicaps the player.

Whatever though, let's just get Sean to help get us a upgraded server. That's all that needs to happen. :)
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby l0wcrow420 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 pm

No way someone is having this issue and plays competetive and with competetive I mean making decent money with it! My mates also played RLCS Playin and I was always on top - no wonder I spent a lot of time. If I have the issue really bad they destroy me in 1v1 for example, if not its the opposite or I am the better one. Doubles no issue I set the pace - if I have the issue I cant do shit - defense... So dont know galactix how bad it is for you but on a really bad level its pain and well not playable and certainly not enjoyable at all. If you still get decent results its because of positioniong and decissionmaking but mechanically you drop ranks - depending how bad it is. There is no pro in RLCS having this issue constanly on a level we know - people who have it either quit or will never able to make it even close...thats it!
l0wcrow420
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: l0wcrow

Postby GalactixJR on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm

EDIT: Forget about this. Let's just get that server and see if the game gets fixed. Screw this argument.
Last edited by GalactixJR on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby CEN50RED on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:44 pm

We all know the issue, we all try explaining it/ quantifying it. Woke up today, first half of the first game was great. 20 games since... rubbish. Pulled the plug on my pc, booted up, started game of 1v1, amazing, scored the first goal, goal explosion annnnnnnnnnnnd heavy car. Try to replicate. First game after boot feels great, notice a flicker in screen.. heavy car. After no goal explosion. The rage, optimism and hours reading posts like this are all wasted. Trying to pin point and explain is a waste of time. By the time they acknowledge the problem, weigh up financial costs/benefits of fixing the problem (that still hasnt been acknowledged) it gets thrown in the too-hard basket (bin) and re-focus on the autumn update with no goal post ans pretty things for the game that will produce income from the get go. My time on rocket league is now 50/50 trading/playing in private matches. Every now and then i'll get carried away with some comp, but have lost all faith and confidence that its going to be a level playing field and treat it as a casual game.
Galactix, lowcrow and cin kudos for trying. My hat goes off to you all for trying, be realistic, is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
CEN50RED
Acrobatic

Steam ID: CEN50RED
Region: OCE

Postby GalaxyWaves on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Hey Guys, I just wanted to say that I've been playing the game since release, and this problem mainly started happening around season 3. Once I upgraded to my pc (from ps4), everything felt so good and I was able to get to Grand Champion. Unfortunately, the bug was at it's worst for me between the end of season 3 and until now. I've literally tried everything to fix the problem, but have never looked into the problem being associated with network. Today, I tried starting my ps4 without it being connected to the internet and joining in a training session in RL. Surprisingly, everything felt a LOT better than it usually is ( would probably feel much better on pc). Then as soon as I turned the Internet back on, the problem came back... Could this be associated with one's Internet Configuration? I am so sick of psyonix not doing anything about this piece of shit.
GalaxyWaves
Supersonic

PSN ID: andriysicko
Steam ID: Yzhas Csgo500
Region: US

Postby GalactixJR on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 pm

---------
Last edited by GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Shigakure on Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:35 pm

GalactixJR, I've read your posts and you seem like a nice dude, but I have to strongly disagree with you. Anyone who feels this bug can't play competetitively, and is not like they don't notice it. If a pro player don't notice this bug, it's means they don't have.

I'm 100% sure you can't play at really high level with this bug, is just not possible in my opinion. I share the same sentiment with l0wcrow. When I have the bug, everything I do in 1s, 2s or 3s is really bad, in 2s I'm scared to go for the ball, and everytime that in my mind I have the perfect shot, due to how weak and heavy the car feels, I don't do a good shot, but a completely mess instead, is a really really bad shot that end ups doing nothing for the game. I miss lots of aerials that I wouldn't fail in a day without the bug, aerials that most platinum/low diamond would hit consistently.

I've played with and without the bug versus some friends, including the best players from south america. When I have the bug, I'm like a novice player, I can't do anything. When I don't have it, I can be similar to their level, everything is fast, every rotation is super fast, the shots are extremely strong, every aerial can compete against the ones they do, the adjustment that I do in the air are really good and easy to execute. Things like freestyles come naturally when I don't have the bug, but when I do, trying to do crazy shots is simply stupid, because I'll miss 8/10 of those shots, that's how I experience the bug and is disgusting for me.

Anyone with this problem can't play competetively, might get to champion if the player is good, but I doubt a current grand champion experience this bug, and if they do, it might be in a rare occassion. If we talk about high grand champions and competitive players, I'm 100% sure they don't feel this at all, never. You simply can't play at that level with the bug.

I'm not saying you are not experiencing the same, but if you truly feel you can be at really high level with this bug, the intensity of how it hits you it might not be as strong as some people here, like aceworm and l0wcrow.

My friends from south america, and even american players, when I mentioned them this bug, they said they have never experienced such a thing, it has never happened to them. When they play bad is simply because they are not focus, which is something happens to everyone once in a while, but this is something absurdly bad for the experience in game, you totally notice how bad it is.
Last edited by Shigakure on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shigakure
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: shigakure
Region: United States

Postby Cyanyde_Fox on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:44 am

Shigakure wrote:GalactixJR, I've read your posts and you seem like a nice dude, but I have to strongly disagree with you. Anyone who feels this bug can't play competetitively, and is not like they don't notice it. If a pro player don't notice this bug, it's means they don't have..

I spent like 10 posts before trying to explain that pros and and infact probably most players just straight up don't have this bug way before and got criticised for "arguing" or whatever. Don't bother lol, can't convince people that won't hear what you say despite evidence because personal anecdotes apparently mean more.

We've seen with the speed-up bug that car rotation speed and physics are not governed by the server in a way that makes everyone speed up or slow down simultaneously, there's no reason to assume this bug is any different. And all the things that temporarily made some difference for some people plus the tweaks that people like Karbon have done that changed performance but aren't even possible on console prove the physics are being decided client-side and reported to the server, not the other way around.

Most of us who did troubleshooting or have been here for a year+ like yourself, lowcrow, karbon, myself and others as well came to the same conclusions that it's just not an issue for most people, that it's not based on FPS and it's also not based on internet connection, and even Sean himself said he was unable to create a condition where internet connection impacted performance "I have tested various network conditions (latency, loss, order) but was never able to expose an issue." (page 55 of this thread)

Fact is most people simply don't experience it to a gamebreaking level for months at a time to where as you describe you can't even take a single good shot because every single hit is weak and gets the wrong angle, damn sure easy to see by pro gameplay they're not suffering from that. Fact is it's not something specific to our setups, and this can only be fixed by psyonix dealing with whatever spaghetti code mess is causing this and we've basically seen at this point that they either can't or won't be doing so. They're not gonna be doing test builds to give out to a few people, they're not gonna do some private/PTR server for testing, or anything else specific to the 5-10 people still posting here. Game is broken on a fundamental level (for real, how do you end up with broken physics in a physics simulator using a decade old engine that's gotta have documentation out the ass by now?? cmonBruh) and it's not worth their time to try and pinpoint what exactly it is or do major rewrites or changes to code that's years old at this point.
Cyanyde_Fox
Acrobatic

Steam ID: cyanyde_fox

Postby jerraa1 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:25 am

JUST ALL STOP ABOUT THE THINGS WE ARE ALL EXPERIENCING. WE NEED A SERVER UPGRADE. IM ALMOST 100% SURE THIS IS SERVER RELATED. IS PSYONIX JUST READING THROUGH THIS AND NOT EVEN REPLYING OR HELPING. ALL THIS SHIT MAKES ME SO TILT AND IT EVEN MAKES ME TILT INGAME. ILL JUST GET MAD INGAME BECAUSE NOTHING IS WORKING OUT FOR ME. WE NEED A SERVER UPGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Steam ID: Jerra LFT
Region: Europe

Postby jerraa1 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:26 am

@SEAN @SEAN @SEAN
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Postby GalactixJR on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 am

EXACTLY WHAT I PUT. SCREW THAT ARGUMENT.

@SEAN @SEAN @SEAN @SEAN @SEAN @SEAN @SEAN @SEAN

RENT AN UPGRADED SERVER AND LET US TEST TO SEE IF IT FEELS BETTER. A GREAT SERVER ONLY COSTS $0.28 AN HOUR. YOU GUYS HAVE THE $ FOR IT. :)
Last edited by GalactixJR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GalactixJR
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby jerraa1 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Btw, what i'm curious about is, can we get information about the servers psyonix uses. Like more in depth details about what servers they use and the locations of them. I really do want to know more about that. Please Sean. Give us some more information about the game and the servers. Or is that not allowed? ;(
jerraa1
Acrobatic

Postby moha on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:18 pm

I mainly play this game solo but lately I've been playing a lot in a party as well. This bug is definitely at its worst (at least for me) when in a party.
moha
Acrobatic

Postby Shigakure on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I mostly play solo as well, but that's because I want to avoid problems with my friends due to my bad performance when I have the bug, which is 90% of the time.
Shigakure
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: shigakure
Region: United States

Postby CEN50RED on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:43 pm

They use datahound servers. The name servers are better than the number (mirror) servers. Boys they wont rent a server for you's to test. They already have the best deal on the cheapest servers. THEY DONT CARE!!!!!!!!! Sean cant change the way boards of director see dollar signs. Enough is never enough, they always want more dollars. They wont act until its too late, which was a while ago for me.
CEN50RED
Acrobatic

Steam ID: CEN50RED
Region: OCE

Postby gravs on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:01 am

I uninstalled Rocket League today. I started playing in December 2015 and have put 1,000 hours in since then. The last couple of months those regular hours have been getting less and less. I play a couple of games and trying to play, build speed, turn to hit the ball is so damn frustrating I can't play more than a couple without just giving up.

I can generally play OK on my own but then I have to play with randoms, whereas I play this game to play in a team which is when my heavy car problems get even heavier.

I was going to buy Rocket League on the Switch but if this is how the biggest issue on their forums is handled then I don't want to support Psyonix anymore, I dread to think how much I have spent on keys since they were released, and what do I get in return? Ignored.

1,356 posts, it shows a complete lack of respect for us as customers and it should not be rewarded.

The best thing to do is uninstall the game and move on, there are so many other games out there that deserve our money more than this.
gravs
Supersonic

Region: United Kingdom

Postby John Dorian on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:16 am

Hello guys.

I might really found the cause of our problem. WE cannot fix it. ONLY PSYONIX can fix it.

CLIENT SIDE PREDICTION!!!

The problem we all have is the conclusion of "Client side prediction"

To know what Client side prediciton does, you can read the following links:

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client-side_prediction

2. (german) https://www.heise.de/developer/artikel/ ... 01773.html

PLEASE READ THIS:

https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... h=58184656

And this (Answer of a Rocket League Developer)

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... h=674f1a20

I could imagine, that the client side prediction makes us feel the game slow and sluggish in a lot of situations, cause the server corrects the game position over and over again during a match. Also ghost hitting is the cause of this client side prediction sh**!

This game gets more and more broken from day to day.

I mean, I'm having problems to beat people in silver/gold ranks during this problem exist and I am actually playing Champ2/3 Elo and have been GC in Season 3. I got more than 3000h of gameplay and I try to find a solution for this since my early Rocket League days.
John Dorian
Supersonic

Steam ID: John Dorian

Postby hypoSTAR on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:49 am

I have to agree with @gravs on this one.. If psyonix wont fix this shortly, im gone too... The game gets worse every day.. Everey day is different, but never perfect. Some days i got rubberbanding, and i know for a fact that my ISP is perfectly stable.. Other days i got this issue along side the heavy car bug.. Im so frustrated.... I'm ou of words..

So please PSYONIX, fix this so i can start enjoying the game again.. I know for a fact that there are alot of people out there that is planning on uninstalling the game and get on with other games. So if this post with 68 pages cant make them listen, then i guess nothing will...

GG
hypoSTAR
Supersonic

PSN ID: hansesa89
Steam ID: hypoholic
Region: Norge

Postby Doomstrike on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 am

So here's the part I don't get. You guys have said that this bug happens in free play correct? Free play is 100% ran locally. In fact you can unplug your network cable or wifi and go into RL and do all the training you want offline. If you all agree that it happens in free play then try and troubleshoot 100% through that because that means its either bug in the code or with your equipment. This takes all the networking and server questions out of the equation and greatly narrows the scope of the issue. Now if I've miss understood some of that my bad but to me since people have said it happens in both free play and online then it means the issue is not servers or networking. The issue lies in something like a memory leak or a bug from the software side or unstable pc hardware / drivers that don't' work well with rocket league but seem to work well in other games as most of you stated every other game is fine. I would focus your troubleshooting on the offline side as that takes out network issues, routing issues, server side predictions pings and all that other stuff that has to do with online.

If possible try to run the game with dual monitors and use some recording tool that allows you to get both the game and your desktop. At the very least you could compare running services, memory usage of programs and cpu loads and have something to compare when it happens and when it doesn't. You can then compare with others what there usage and memory levels are like and see if there is anything else in common and work towards the next bit. If this is a bug and not a hardware issue then its gona take a lot more troubleshooting before you can find a way to replicated it in a way that Psyonix can troubleshoot
Doomstrike
Community Helper
Community Helper

PSN ID: Doomstrike
Steam ID: meDoomstrike
Region: Canada West

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support