Connection Troubleshooting

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Connection Troubleshooting

Postby Zellfreid on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:13 am

Dirkened wrote:I believe that players have always needed to have PS+ to play online, though not with splitscreen. If he enters as a guest or on another account on your PS4 it shouldn't be an issue

That's what I tried to describe. We play split screen on one console. I have PS Plus; they don't. It's always worked before, and suddenly it's not anymore.
Zellfreid
Supersonic

PSN ID: Zellfreid
Steam ID: Zellfreid
Region: United States
Switch Friend Code: 0

Postby Dirkened on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Zellfreid wrote:
Dirkened wrote:I believe that players have always needed to have PS+ to play online, though not with splitscreen. If he enters as a guest or on another account on your PS4 it shouldn't be an issue

That's what I tried to describe. We play split screen on one console. I have PS Plus; they don't. It's always worked before, and suddenly it's not anymore.

That's odd, it shouldn't be an issues. Try restoring licenses to see if that helps the issue
http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... cense.html
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby bogieman987 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Been having fairly bad ping (100-200) today, no idea why, speedtest, using command console to ping google.com show up fine, no issues in other games either.
bogieman987
Supersonic

PSN ID: bogieman987
Steam ID: bogieman987
Region: EU

Postby Dirkened on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:30 pm

bogieman987 wrote:Been having fairly bad ping (100-200) today, no idea why, speedtest, using command console to ping google.com show up fine, no issues in other games either.

Just today? Try giving your modem/router a restart and see if that helps out
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby bogieman987 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Been happening yesterday and today as well, restarted router/modem, no luck.
Are there any specific servers to do a ping test against as I wouldn't be surprised if my connection was being throttled when connecting to certain place.

Update: Just had a few matches, all seems well again.

Update 09/02: And it's back :/
bogieman987
Supersonic

PSN ID: bogieman987
Steam ID: bogieman987

Postby EiderdownExplosion on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:28 am

I've got a strange connection problem. Everything was working great before the Season 2 update. After the update, I found that when I started RL, the "Downloadable Content" button didn't appear and if I tried to join a match, the loading spinner spins forever while underneath in red it says "Not logged in to Rocket League servers."

The weird thing is that I can connect to the RL servers, but only the first time I start RL after rebooting my computer. So if I reboot my computer and then open RL, I can play fine. But if I close RL and then reopen it, I cannot play online anymore. I've tried rebooting my computer four or five times, and every time it worked the first time I open RL, but not afterwards.

I've tried all the suggestions on this page, but they didn't fix the problem: http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/connect ... eshooting/

I have two log files, one of me connecting to servers successfully after rebooting my computer and playing a game, and the second after closing and opening RL again and then not being able to play online.

Connecting successfully after reboot: http://pastebin.com/Q107Z487
Not connecting after closing and reopening RL: http://pastebin.com/hUg9zjt4

If you'd like any extra information, please let me know.

edit: for readability
EiderdownExplosion
Supersonic

Steam ID: 76561198144301386

Postby CloudsOnFire on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 pm

They are no more sanctions against Iran, since the new Atom deal. Every industry inside EU and USA is allowed to open every business relationship again.

Could you please double check that with your lawyers and team members - and remove the restrictions?

Regards
CloudsOnFire
Supersonic

Steam ID: CloudsOnFire

Postby Dirkened on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:10 pm

CloudsOnFire wrote:They are no more sanctions against Iran, since the new Atom deal. Every industry inside EU and USA is allowed to open every business relationship again.

Could you please double check that with your lawyers and team members - and remove the restrictions?

Regards

https://www.google.com/transparencyrepo ... pand=CG,IR

There still seem to be disruptions in Iran for google

EiderdownExplosion wrote:I've got a strange connection problem. Everything was working great before the Season 2 update. After the update, I found that when I started RL, the "Downloadable Content" button didn't appear and if I tried to join a match, the loading spinner spins forever while underneath in red it says "Not logged in to Rocket League servers."

The weird thing is that I can connect to the RL servers, but only the first time I start RL after rebooting my computer. So if I reboot my computer and then open RL, I can play fine. But if I close RL and then reopen it, I cannot play online anymore. I've tried rebooting my computer four or five times, and every time it worked the first time I open RL, but not afterwards.

I've tried all the suggestions on this page, but they didn't fix the problem: http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/connect ... eshooting/

I have two log files, one of me connecting to servers successfully after rebooting my computer and playing a game, and the second after closing and opening RL again and then not being able to play online.

Connecting successfully after reboot: http://pastebin.com/Q107Z487
Not connecting after closing and reopening RL: http://pastebin.com/hUg9zjt4

If you'd like any extra information, please let me know.

edit: for readability

Do you have any software that might be loading in later which could block Rocket League's connection?
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby x_ReSoLuTiOnZ on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:05 am

Hi
I am on PS4 EU and when I play unranked games I am totally fine, but when I play ranked games (competitive matchmaking) I experience little bits of lagg that are affecting my gameplay. My car slides making me miss the ball. My ping and internet connection is perfectly fine. Just happens in ranked games only.

Anyway to fix this or is this the servers since new patch?
Thank You
x_ReSoLuTiOnZ
Acrobatic

PSN ID: x_ReSoLuTiOnZ

Postby EiderdownExplosion on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:40 am

Dirkened wrote:
Do you have any software that might be loading in later which could block Rocket League's connection?

I seem to have fixed it. You were right.

I tried various things, but what eventually worked was using msconfig, selecting "Selective Startup" and deselecting "Load startup items". Many reboots later, through process of elimination, it seems that "SunJavaUpdateSched" was responsible.

I presume I must have updated Java at the same time as I updated RL. Before I discovered msconfig, I had previously tried to remove the latest Java update in add/remove programs, because I saw that was installed around the time of the RL update, but that didn't fix it.

Anyway, hopefully that will help someone else. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
EiderdownExplosion
Supersonic

Steam ID: 76561198144301386

Postby Elkaos on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:34 am

I've done every step which troubleshooting suggested but still can't even get to the point of "finding game", it just says "can't connect to game servers" or whatever. What is strange that first day everything was fine, i played a couple of game by myself, then played with friend and in the next day i can only connect to game, which my friend have found (and it usually take more then one try just connect to game).

Then, after i've done port forwarding it seemed to work for some time (it wasy yesterday), but then it stopped working again later at the same day. After some experimenting i figured that this issue occurs only when my computer connected through router (even though, first day i played fine that way). When connecting Internet cable directly to computer i can at least find games (still it usually takes more than a couple of tries to actually connect to game after "server timed out" error). Also tried disabling firewall and antivirus, no luck wi that.

Every other multiplayer game works fine and i don't have any lag/ping issues when i actually get to play Rocket League. I realize that changing my router maybe the easiest way to solve this problem, but i'd rather not. So... any other suggestions?
P.S. And sorry for my bad english...
Elkaos
Supersonic

Region: Россия

Postby zimraph86 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my solution after a LOT of search on my Windows 10 PC. On Steam, I could play online in every games except Rocket League. I had unable to connect to servers, and all sorts of messages...

After many tries, I finally found out what was preventing me to connect to the Psyonix servers... If you have a Gigabyte motherboard or if you have any motherboard with KILLER NETWORK MANAGER installed, read this!!!! On the Killer Network Manager icon in the system tray, do a right click, click show. In Applications, check "Show all applications", go down to Rocket League. Now, in priority, select Normal NOT HIGHEST. Setting it to Highest cause the game to not reach any servers and online play was broken. I tested it back in forth many times and it really is the solution!!!!

Good luck!
zimraph86
Supersonic

Steam ID: Zimraph

Postby Elkaos on Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:07 am

After a couple of painful days i also found a solution to my problem with help of my internet provider's tech support. I tried running the game, while my computer was connected through router and directly through cable. While trying to find game each time in command line I ran "netstat -bno" command and tried to figure out which other ports game is using. Then i tried forwarding those ports and somehow it is now working... Not perfectly, actually. It didn't work from the first try but on a second i managed to actually find games and play them. At least now it works, though it usually takes restarting game once (maybe i didn't figured all the ports i needed to forward).
For those who are interested, these are ports i was forwarding, all TCP: 7762, 7750, 7710, 7882, 7787, 7845, 7738, 2869
Also, forgot to mention, by my tech support recommendion in router firewall settings i enabled some function called DMZ, don't know for what reason :D , but as long as it works...
Elkaos
Supersonic

Region: Россия

Postby mrdabeast86 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:08 pm

I lost all my garage item's will some one help me
mrdabeast86
Supersonic

Region: Xbox one

Postby Dirkened on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:33 pm

mrdabeast86 wrote:I lost all my garage item's will some one help me

Was this after a crash or just after starting the game back up?
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby mrdabeast86 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm

I got off to do the dishes and then when I got bcck on to play my stuff was gone..
mrdabeast86
Supersonic

Postby mrdabeast86 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:41 am

can anyone help me my stuff is still gone.. I'm ready mad about this.. and I'm ready to get a refund on my game..
mrdabeast86
Supersonic

Postby mrdabeast86 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:41 am

can anyone help me my stuff is still gone.. I'm ready mad about this.. and I'm ready to get a refund on my game..
mrdabeast86
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:50 pm

mrdabeast86 wrote:can anyone help me my stuff is still gone.. I'm ready mad about this.. and I'm ready to get a refund on my game..

We're working on this issue right now and hopefully will have a patch for it soon
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby Seppmcfly on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:28 am

My game feels different suddenly ... feels like lagg, but i have an good ping and no frame drops at all i cant really describe whats wrong but yeah it seems like the frame thing isnt right, the ball dont get hit but flys in the direction, flys super fast etc.

Afterburner tells me:

http://imgur.com/Ozf424z

http://imgur.com/qbJMrSZ

http://imgur.com/bhmZByl

Pls ... bring me my life back :( I cant play rocket league like this ... but i cant stop playing rocket league :(
Seppmcfly
Supersonic

Steam ID: Sepp mcfly

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support