Game-Start Troubleshooting

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Game-Start Troubleshooting

Postby Mardarkin on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:48 am

Since the latest updates with the Starbase map, I can't get the game to run for longer than a minute, sometimes less than a second. I've verified the game cache - and nothing about my setup has changed - yet the game is continually forcing black screen and hard reboots. Please help!
Mardarkin
Supersonic

Region: United Kingdom

Postby Jreidp4 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:46 pm

im having issues starting up my game after updating to windows 10 i have tried everything your site says as well as contacted Microsoft and they couldn't fix the issue either the issue that pops up is the game acts like its starting then shuts off never getting to a loading screen when i boot it as administrator i get this message .c:\windows\system32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error .try reinstalling the program using the original installation media or contact the system administrator or software vendor for support.Error Status 0xc000012f RocketLeague.exe - Bad Image. what can i do to fix this .
Jreidp4
Supersonic

Steam ID: Jreidp4
Region: United States

Postby justposted on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 pm

For me, the problem was that the Bitdefender ransomeware module was preventing changes to my My Documents folder. Turned it off, then launched fine.

On my many failed attempts to get things working, I did come across this page with all the C++ distributables on it. Might be worth making sure all of these are installed and up to date, as I saw threads saying that pretty much any one of them had solved issues with start-up: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -downloads
justposted
Supersonic

Postby amazing7amad on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:26 am

i got to problems one of them that when i join a game it keep giving me a disconnect sign and the game is moving but i cant join and play always as server problem.
the other one was the solutaion of the first i download VPN so i can play and its work but with a certain time it gives me a high ping with a disconnect sign and keeps lagging

So please tell me what to do and what i have to do to fix it, I tried and change IP but still joinning a game and cant move.
amazing7amad
Supersonic

Steam ID: hks2020
GamerTag: hks2020

Postby Toxxroxx on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:34 am

amazing7amad wrote:i got to problems one of them that when i join a game it keep giving me a disconnect sign and the game is moving but i cant join and play always as server problem.
the other one was the solutaion of the first i download VPN so i can play and its work but with a certain time it gives me a high ping with a disconnect sign and keeps lagging

So please tell me what to do and what i have to do to fix it, I tried and change IP but still joinning a game and cant move.

You from the UAE by chance? Same problem as for many of us here. We've posted the same here:

http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17967&start=240

and here:

http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=31451
Toxxroxx
Supersonic

Steam ID: toxx0r
Region: UAE

Postby Sinzue on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm

When ever I try to launch the game is has this popping up.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\_CommonRedist\2010\installscript.vdf

Please Help me.
Sinzue
Supersonic

Steam ID: Sinzue
GamerTag: TheS1lver101

Postby ivoryknights on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:49 am

Every time I try to open Rocket League, it always gives me a message saying that it needs permission to RocketLeague.exe. So, I looked on the forums for help and it gave me the help I needed. Though, when I go in Win32, I notice the lack of any sort of RocketLeague.exe. Can someone help me try to resolve my problem? Here is an image to see what I see in Win32. http://imgur.com/a/aFtiC
ivoryknights
Supersonic

Steam ID: ivoryknights
Region: US

Postby mtylerjr on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Add me to the list of people who have had rocketleague deleted because of attached trojans
This is unacceptable behavior from any software company - issues like this should be caught early in beta testing.

This is assuming that it is a bug, and not an actual trojan that Psyonix is distributing.

The longer this remains unfixed, the more suspicion will be on psyonix that they are doing something secret and/or malicious. :oops: :evil:
mtylerjr
Supersonic

Postby ripcorded on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:36 pm

ivoryknights wrote:Every time I try to open Rocket League, it always gives me a message saying that it needs permission to RocketLeague.exe. So, I looked on the forums for help and it gave me the help I needed. Though, when I go in Win32, I notice the lack of any sort of RocketLeague.exe. Can someone help me try to resolve my problem? Here is an image to see what I see in Win32. http://imgur.com/a/aFtiC

I am not sure if you are having the same issue as I had, but I found a few days ago that my RocketLeague.exe file was not working. Whenever I tried to launch the game, steam said I was "missing an executable." So I reinstalled the game and found that my antivirus decided to delete RocketLeague.exe (since the antivirus tried to remove it again), believing the executable to be a trojan virus for some strange reason. All that I had to do was reinstall the game and make sure to tell my antivirus that I wanted to keep the RocketLeague.exe file. Now my game launches just fine.
ripcorded
Supersonic

PSN ID: ripcorded
Steam ID: ripcorded
Region: U.S. East

Postby mtylerjr on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:34 pm

ripcorded wrote:
ivoryknights wrote:Every time I try to open Rocket League, it always gives me a message saying that it needs permission to RocketLeague.exe. So, I looked on the forums for help and it gave me the help I needed. Though, when I go in Win32, I notice the lack of any sort of RocketLeague.exe. Can someone help me try to resolve my problem? Here is an image to see what I see in Win32. http://imgur.com/a/aFtiC

I am not sure if you are having the same issue as I had, but I found a few days ago that my RocketLeague.exe file was not working. Whenever I tried to launch the game, steam said I was "missing an executable." So I reinstalled the game and found that my antivirus decided to delete RocketLeague.exe (since the antivirus tried to remove it again), believing the executable to be a trojan virus for some strange reason. All that I had to do was reinstall the game and make sure to tell my antivirus that I wanted to keep the RocketLeague.exe file. Now my game launches just fine.

That is a work-around, sure - but without knowing why your anti-virus flagged the .exe, it seems like a risk. There hasn't been any message from Psyonix like "It's okay, it's not a virus or trojan, it is flagged because...etc etc etc" - nor has there been any change from Norton's side, bumping up the reputation of the file, to allow it to be installed safely.

Without either side giving any information, the only safe assumption is that it is a trojan, that somehow psyonix had the .exe infexted before it was released. Otherwise, they would have said something, right?
mtylerjr
Supersonic

Postby ripcorded on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:37 pm

mtylerjr wrote:Add me to the list of people who have had rocketleague deleted because of attached trojans
This is unacceptable behavior from any software company - issues like this should be caught early in beta testing.

This is assuming that it is a bug, and not an actual trojan that Psyonix is distributing.

The longer this remains unfixed, the more suspicion will be on psyonix that they are doing something secret and/or malicious. :oops: :evil:

I've been doing some research. Now it seems that most of the other people who are experiencing this kind of issue have Norton antivirus. It may be the antivirus giving a false positive, or the issue could be due to a recent update to the file and Norton just does not trust it yet.
I am rip,
RIP is me,
Cause I suck,
at playing Rocket League XD
ripcorded
Supersonic

PSN ID: ripcorded
Steam ID: ripcorded
Region: U.S. East

Postby kirashi on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:16 am

As of today, Rocket League crashes before actually launching on my system.
Windows 10 x64 Version 1607 Build 15031.0
i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz
20GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 950 2GB
2560x1440p

What happens:
  • Launch game from Steam
  • RocketLeague.exe appears to open in Task Manager
  • CPU utilization is around 9-17%, normal while loading
  • After ~20-30 seconds, WinDbg crash log opens for RocketLeague.exe

What I expected to happen:
  • RocketLeague to launch properly...

What I've tried:
  • Validate the Integrity of Your Game Cache
      Validated 3 times successfully, rebooting between each validation.
  • If You are Seeing a Black Screen: Try Running in Windowed Mode
      Does not apply.
  • Update Your GPU to Have the Latest Drivers
      Updated to latest nVidia 378.66 released on 2017-02-13.
  • Reinstalling/Repairing DirectX 9.0
      Done. Reinstalled successfully. At one point I even deleted one of the D3DCOMPILER .dll files for giggles, which of course caused RocketLeague to throw an error complaining about that missing. Performing another reinstall of DirectX9.0c replaced the now-missing D3DCOMPILER .dll's, so we can confirm the installer is doing it's' job.
  • Setting Steam to Run as Administrator
      Done. Makes no difference.
  • Setting Rocket League to Run as Administrator
      Also done, and makes no difference.
  • Download and Install Microsoft C++ Packages
      Repaired both the 32-bit and 64-bit installs successfully, makes no difference.
  • Re-register Your Dynamic-link Library Files
  • Checking my Event Viewer logs for related errors
      As per instructions found elsewhere, I've even checked the Windows > Application event viewer error logs for anything related to RocketLeague, and have found nothing.

What further information can I provide Psyonix so they can attempt to pinpoint the crash occurring in their game on my PC? Are there hidden logfiles somewhere? Thank you.
kirashi
Supersonic

PSN ID: kirashi3
Steam ID: kirashi
GamerTag: kirashinobashi
Region: Canada

Postby Sv7Fooster on Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:47 pm

I would like to echo the above sentiment. I am presently having the same issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps requested. My video card is a bit different - GTX 1080 but I am using current drivers and windows is up to date, as well as DirectX.

The only thing that's changed since the last time I launched the game was moving my HTC Vive from a USB 3 slot to a USB 2 slot on my motherboard. I disconnected it and tried it in its previous slot to be sure. I've reinstalled the game and restarted in between to verify that is not causing the issue either. The error that it's giving me in event viewer is pretty generic, so I doubt it'll be much help. I do have a Sound Blaster Z audio card if that makes a difference. I noticed the log seems to stop when it's initializing audio.

Faulting application name: RocketLeague.exe, version: 1.0.10897.0, time stamp: 0x58ae3a2c
Faulting module name: RocketLeague.exe, version: 1.0.10897.0, time stamp: 0x58ae3a2c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00a86951
Faulting process id: 0xa28
Faulting application start time: 0x01d290a9c9c22ffe
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32\RocketLeague.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32\RocketLeague.exe
Report Id: d908a4a9-c229-4ad4-8a78-02ea839cc9b8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here is the game log file as well:

Log: Log file open, 26/02/2017 20:53:27
Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
Log: ... running in INSTALLED mode
Warning: Warning, Unknown language extension . Defaulting to INT
Init: Language extension: INT
Init: Language extension: INT
DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\..\TAGame\Config\TAUI.ini
Init: Version: 170222.50021.152753
Init: Compiled (32-bit): Feb 22 2017 14:11:52
Init: Command line:
Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32\
[0000.52] Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2017.02.21-22.14.27.log
[0000.53] Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2017.02.26-20.53.27.log
[0000.53] Init: Computer: DESKTOP-5G300PO
[0000.53] Init: User: Scott
[0000.53] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
[0000.53] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.906245 MHz
[0000.53] Init: Memory total: Physical=16.0GB (16GB approx) Pagefile=18.3GB Virtual=4.0GB
[0000.61] Log: Steam Client API initialized 1
[0000.70] Log: Steam Game Server API initialized 1
[0000.70] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
[0000.70] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.90] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
[0000.90] Log: Adapter has 3072MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 1023MB of shared system memory
[0000.92] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
[0000.92] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 4095MB of shared system memory
[0001.09] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
[0001.09] Log: Using Secure UDP
[0001.10] Log: Using Secure UDP
[0001.10] Log: Using Secure UDP
[0001.15] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
[0004.29] Log: 90797 objects as part of root set at end of initial load.
[0004.29] Log: 0 out of 0 bytes used by permanent object pool.
[0004.29] Log: Initializing Engine...
[0004.29] Log: BuildID: 911800776 from GPsyonixBuildID
[0004.29] Log: Using Secure UDP
[0004.29] Log: Using FeaturesFilter Hotwheels
[0004.30] SystemSettings: Loading PC Settings
[0004.36] DevAudio: Allocated 32 sources
[0004.36] DevAudio: CommonAudioPoolSize is set to 0 - disabling persistent pool for audio data
[0004.36] Log: Wwise(R) SDK Version 2014.1.4 Build 5248. Copyright (c) 2006-2012 Audiokinetic Inc. / All Rights Reserved.
[0013.22] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Scaleform::Render::Matrix2x4<float>::Prepend() Address = 0xb5b9d5 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32\RocketLeague.exe]
Sv7Fooster
Supersonic

Postby ross03 on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:11 am

I have a problem when starting the games. Its very slow
Magento 2 Social Login|Magento 2 Gift Card
Last edited by ross03 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ross03
Supersonic

easy way that work for me

Postby Reimeritos on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:24 am

just whitelist the steamapp folder for rocketleague in your antivirus

it worked for me
Reimeritos
Supersonic

Postby AboodSabryAli on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:55 am

LFAV wrote:I bought the game yesterday, I download it but when I try to start the game (desktop and Steam). The game starts procesing a few seconds and It shuts down again. I've just tried all the fixed than Steam and Psyonix advises. (verify information ..., download again, etc..
ANYONE CAN HELP ME!!!??

Have you tried opening your Task Manager ? (Alt + Ctrl + Del) and then try and find the Rocket league App then click on it and then click End task , try this it always work for me , because it often happens to me .
AboodSabryAli
Acrobatic

PSN ID: AboodSabryAli
Steam ID: AboodSabryAli
Region: Rocket League

Postby Toekiss4u on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:00 am

I just started a brand new Steam Account; I just bought a game called Rocket League; I logged in to play and it is not a new account (someone elses account?) it is level 5 and all the cars that came with the DLC that I bought are not there. Please advise on how to fix this as soon as possible!!!

I can be reached at: [email protected]
Toekiss4u
Supersonic

Steam ID: Toekiss4u

Postby Toekiss4u on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:32 am

Toekiss4u wrote:I just started a brand new Steam Account; I just bought a game called Rocket League; I logged in to play and it is not a new account (someone elses account?) it is level 5 and all the cars that came with the DLC that I bought are not there. Please advise on how to fix this as soon as possible!!!

UPDATE TO THIS:

I recently made a Steam account so I could play Rocket league. I purchased a game of the year Edition via the Steam Store. I downloaded Rocket league, and once it was downloaded I clicked start to play. To my horror my account in rocket league showed that i was a rookie level 5. And all the cars I purchased werent there either in the garage. Whose account is it that I am logged in to?!!!!! What is weird is it shows my name in the lower left corner as being the name I created when making my STEAM account: Toekiss4u

Yet there are even games saved in the replay section !! This is NOT possible since I #1) just bought the game and downloaded it and #2) havent played it yet.

This is what STEAM support said about it from my Ticket submission to them for help:

Hello toekiss4u,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

It sounds like the problem you’re describing is an error with Rocket League. We can’t provide support for issues with this game, but their team should be able to help.

You can reach Rocket League support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

Thanks for using Steam,
Eddie

Is there anyone that can please help me with this?!!
Toekiss4u
Supersonic

Postby Toekiss4u on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:16 pm

Toekiss4u wrote:
Toekiss4u wrote:I just started a brand new Steam Account; I just bought a game called Rocket League; I logged in to play and it is not a new account (someone elses account?) it is level 5 and all the cars that came with the DLC that I bought are not there. Please advise on how to fix this as soon as possible!!!

UPDATE TO THIS:

I recently made a Steam account so I could play Rocket league. I purchased a game of the year Edition via the Steam Store. I downloaded Rocket league, and once it was downloaded I clicked start to play. To my horror my account in rocket league showed that i was a rookie level 5. And all the cars I purchased werent there either in the garage. Whose account is it that I am logged in to?!!!!! What is weird is it shows my name in the lower left corner as being the name I created when making my STEAM account: Toekiss4u

Yet there are even games saved in the replay section !! This is NOT possible since I #1) just bought the game and downloaded it and #2) havent played it yet.

This is what STEAM support said about it from my Ticket submission to them for help:

Hello toekiss4u,

It sounds like the problem you’re describing is an error with Rocket League. We can’t provide support for issues with this game, but their team should be able to help.

You can reach Rocket League support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

Thanks for using Steam,
Eddie

UPDATE TO THIS #2:

I have been wanting to play Rocket League. I am still waiting and havent heard anything back from Psyonix about this. i started to just play and say the hell with it! Yet playing on someone elses account is wrong and so I havent given in to the urge to play. Steam support is convinced the issue is on Psyonix end and not theirs. How long is this going to take to solve this issue? Have any of you even seen my support ticket here yet? Zero communication is very frustrating to say the least. As I am sure you can imagine; if you are in a customer support field.
Toekiss4u
Supersonic

Postby Toekiss4u on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:11 am

Toekiss4u wrote:
Toekiss4u wrote:

UPDATE TO THIS:

Hello toekiss4u,

Thanks for using Steam,
Eddie

UPDATE TO THIS #2:

I have been wanting to play Rocket League. I am still waiting and havent heard anything back from Psyonix about this. i started to just play and say the hell with it! Yet playing on someone elses account is wrong and so I havent given in to the urge to play. Steam support is convinced the issue is on Psyonix end and not theirs. How long is this going to take to solve this issue? Have any of you even seen my support ticket here yet? Zero communication is very frustrating to say the least. As I am sure you can imagine; if you are in a customer support field.

UPDATE TO THIS #3:

It has been 6 days and still no one has fixed this. How much longer must I be made to wait before this account issue is resolved, so i can peaceably play on my own account?
Toekiss4u
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support