Game-Start Troubleshooting

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Re: Game-Start Troubleshooting

Postby LogBomb on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:59 am

Hey, I've been running the game no problem across multiple devices for the last 4 months and today on my laptop the game goes always back to the desktop after starting. keeps running but you cant bring the window up.

I started in window mode like you said and it works, how can I get it back to full screen again? I've updated all my drivers and rebooted.

Thanks

Edit : I reinstalled the game and it worked the first time. Then it started acting up again but it started to work after I closed and re opened it. Not sure what's happening but very unreliable...
LogBomb
Supersonic

Postby shoulderhd on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:48 am

Cant open the game
For some reason after a lot of hours (233hours) into the game it wont open.
im suspecting my gpu because it was working before the update, but i reinstalled it with no luck.
my other games is ok
i've followed your advises with no luck
shoulderhd
Supersonic

Steam ID: nowkith/
Region: Sverige

Postby chriszo111 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

My game did not start after I updated to Windows 10 (from 7). Whenever I run Steam as administrator, it would work. Without admin permissions it would crash shortly after start (no game screen).

You can try the following steps if this was caused by updating to Windows 10. It should actually work globally, as the Problem Treater should use solutions found in the internet. The treating algorithm called it an application compatibility error which it solved itself.

in ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32
- right click properties of RockegLeague(.exe)
- see Compatibility register
- click button "Problem Treater for Program Compatibility Problems" (translated)
- Try "Test Program", if Rocket League starts apply changes

If this error is still an issue, though.
chriszo111
Supersonic

Postby Acribo on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:18 am

After the latest update the game does not work for me anymore (build id: 1007340)

I have tried everything that is mentioned in this thread but the game still won't start for me.
I noticed that after launching the game it starts up a process (about 28-32kb) that disappears in about 5 seconds.
Is there anyting else I can try? Will it be solved in the next update?
Acribo
Supersonic

Postby SomeCallMeTim on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:10 pm

I've tried multiple times to get Rocket League to work. Symptom is that the game runs, but when I click "start" I get an immediate crash to desktop.

I've tried running it in administrator mode, and running Steam in administrator mode. I'm on Windows 10 (a relatively recent fresh install) with reasonably up to date drivers; all other games that I use work fine. I've tried different graphics settings. I've tried compatibility settings. I've tried clearing the cache. Now I'm trying a complete reinstall.

DXDIAG.txt attached. Or it would be if there were an attach button? Grr. OK, how about a pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/P7Edihtf

Expires in one month.
SomeCallMeTim
Supersonic

Steam ID: timmensch
Region: US

Postby SomeCallMeTim on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:06 pm

Ping? It crashes when I click "Create Match." Every. Single. Time.

I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps. Most don't even work on Windows 10, by the way. I did a complete delete and full reinstall. Nothing.

It does run on my laptop, but not very well. Is it possible that you have a stupid bug that causes it to fail when it's installed on D drive instead of C? That's the only major difference I can think of.

I've got an NVidia GTX 970 card in my gaming system, and it has no problem running any other game I've thrown at it. Since I can run and get to the options screen and graphics settings, it doesn't seem like a graphics problem; more like a game bug.

Would appreciate an update.
SomeCallMeTim
Supersonic

Postby SomeCallMeTim on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:20 pm

OK, never mind. My guess was right.

It's your bug: Game crashes when you click Create Match if it's installed on D drive. Uninstalling and restoring from backup on C fixed the issue.
SomeCallMeTim
Supersonic

Postby tigressdaemon on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:49 pm

I installed Rocket League on my Windows 10 PC. The game opens just fine, but any time I try to actually begin a match I get an error message that "Rocket League has stopped working." I validated the game files, made sure my graphics drivers are up to date, tried running both Steam and Rocket League as an administrator, downloaded the Microsoft C++ files, and re-registered my .dll files. None of these made any difference - still the same white screen on match start up and the same error message. I saw the last commenter had a similar problem because his was installed on a different drive, but my game is installed on my C: drive so that doesn't seem to be the issue - although my logs are being logged to my E: drive, I suppose because that's where my "My Games" folder is located. Please help!
tigressdaemon
Supersonic

Postby tigressdaemon on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 am

So it was the issue that the logs were being created in a separate folder than the game itself, apparently. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to be located fully on the E: drive in the "My Games" folder and now have no problems.
tigressdaemon
Supersonic

Postby laumane on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi, I would like to talk about a big problem I'm meeting with the launcher. Whenever I start the game, my computer completely freezes and I have to reboot it, I can't even open task manager. I tried lauching the game and steam both in admin, lauching the game in windowed mode, deleting the cloud data, I validated the integrity of the game cache , I even reinstalled the game, and it's still not fixed.

Any idea on how to fix this ?
Thanks in advance.
laumane
Supersonic

Steam ID: laumane2
Region: EU French

Postby LCYin on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:50 am

I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit as the OS for my laptop. I am trying to play Rocket League on Steam as there is a promotion where I can try the game. When I try to play the game, I get the "Application is unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)". I have tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers, reinstalling Directx, verifying game cache and reinstalling the game. I have also tried enabling run program as Admin and run in compatibility mode for both Steam and Rocket League. However, noting seems to work for me and I still get the same error. Please help me as my friends have already bought the game and I would really like to join in the fun.
LCYin
Supersonic

Steam ID: krexx99

Postby Spuddnick on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Keeps on crashing :(
So I got rocket league a couple of weeks ago and I love it! However one day it started to crash right after an update on the game.. Ive looked everywhere and they all say to Verify the game cache which is what Ive done many times over but I still get the same thing. The game starts to load up and shows the Psyonix logo then all of a sudden it says that Rocket League has stopped working. Ive tried installing it onto a new hard drive which worked at first untill the recent update (which was hoops) and it started to happen again. If anyone knows the solution to my problem I would like to know ASAP and I would be very gratefull as I want to keep playing this awesome game!

Thanks
Spud
Spuddnick
Supersonic

Steam ID: mehitsharvey

Postby Maestr0 on Tue May 03, 2016 1:12 am

Guys, what about problem as "Error while communicating with rocket league servers". I don't know how to fix this problem, help me please
Maestr0
Supersonic

Steam ID: Maestr01601
Region: EU

Postby Seddy on Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 am

Hello i have got problem with start Rocket League.I do all tips.I dont know why... :(. Probably it is bug with this copy of game.I did like request refund...
Seddy
Supersonic

Postby egor85858585 on Wed May 04, 2016 10:39 pm

not what helps tell the decision case checked, driver new what is the problem I can not understand as an administrator is also launched
egor85858585
Supersonic

PSN ID: 1111
Steam ID: egor85858585
GamerTag: Windows 7 egor85858585
Region: 111111

Postby Ashley Smith on Sat May 14, 2016 2:21 am

Hi im having trouble, hopefully someone can help. I will try to be as detailed as possible....After I finish an online match I can get to the point of readying up, but the second i click read my game crashes and is imposable to exit the game without the use of my second screen or restarting my PC.
PC Specs:
i7 4770K
Msi Gd-65 motherboard
2x4Gb corsair vengance ram
msi GTX 960 graphics card

All drivers are up to date I think, my task manger will not open on top of the game, so that is the reason I have to have it open on my other monitor. It is frustrating because I cannot rematch a player iv just kicked ass. Iv done all the troubleshooting options but still no fix.
Ash.
Ashley Smith
Supersonic

Steam ID: ideejaay
Region: United Kingdom

Postby gargamel on Wed May 25, 2016 9:23 am

So with this patch, Psyonix have killed Windows XP/Linus compatability?

They even updated the system requirements in the steam store, so it's 100% intentional. Or so one would assume.

But why, out of laziness?

The game worked perfectly on XP/Linus pre-patch, and Direct X 9 works on XP, so what reason could they possibly have? But post patch, the game wont even launch all of a sudden.

I'd really like to get a response from a moderator seeing as how this is a pretty major change, that they haven't even officially announced.

If they really have decided that this decision is final, then people should at the very least be getting refunds for the game and whatever dl'c they've purchased.

Although personally I really hope (and would recommend) that they think long and hard about their decision of killing the XP/Linux compatability.

//Devastated Windows XP and Rocket League fanatic.
gargamel
Supersonic

Steam ID: /76561197994757110/
Region: EU

Postby nadlgas on Wed May 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Is that true ??

Can't play RL in Win XP since last nigth
nadlgas
Supersonic

Steam ID: nadlgas

Postby LegenD360 on Fri May 27, 2016 9:17 pm

roblem after the latest Patch when starting over steam nothing happens when using the .exe it says The procedure entry point
[email protected]@@[email protected] could not be located in
the dynamic link in library MSVCR100.dll allready tryed the http://www.rocketleaguegame.com/support ... g/#dynamic
Re-register Your Dynamic-link Library Files fix including repair vsredist and didnt work also verified game cache reinstalled the game and replaced my existing MSVCR100.dll in system32
nothing helped so far rly frustrating all after the latest 18mb patch. any new help appreciated
LegenD360
Supersonic

Steam ID: 1nsertCoinplz
Region: germany

Postby Kiri Zeuto on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 pm

I have had RL as a gift for a month and have played it for the past week, however this day has gone uneventful. WHen I tried to start RL again, it gave me an error "Failed to start game" followed by "(Content servers unreachable)" and another error when I re-tried with the same error, but "(missing content manifest)" instead. Please help, I enjoy this game too much, and the troubleshoots give no effect. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it gives me the same errors trying to reinstall
Kiri Zeuto
Supersonic

Steam ID: kiribloo

PreviousNext

Return to Help and Support