Game-Start Troubleshooting

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Game-Start Troubleshooting

Postby Psyonix-Josh on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Listed below are the most common fixes for users experiencing game-start issues with Rocket League on PC. Last Updated: September 14, 2015

Validate the Integrity of Your Game Cache
NOTICE: After making any of the following changes, make sure you verify the integrity of the game cache within the Steam interface. To accomplish this:
  • Open Steam
  • Select Library tab
  • Right-Click on Rocket League game
  • Select Properties
  • Selects Local Files tab
  • Click the Verify Integrity of Game Cache… button
  • Allow the validation process to complete

If You are Seeing a Black Screen: Try Running in Windowed Mode
  • Open Steam
  • Select Library tab
  • Right-Click on Rocket League game
  • Select Properties
  • Select Set Launch Options button
  • On the command line type: –windowed
  • Select OK
  • Close Properties and launch game

Update Your GPU to Have the Latest Drivers
In order to run Rocket League you must ensure that your computer has the current graphics drivers for your GPU model. The following links contain the most up-to-date drivers for each manufacturer:

Reinstalling/Repairing DirectX 9.0
Rocket League runs using DirectX 9.0; in some rare instances the game may have trouble finding files in DirectX due to missing components or a corrupt install. In order to remedy these problems follow the links to Microsoft’s support website here:

Setting Steam to Run as Administrator
  • Navigate to your Steam folder and right-click Steam.exe, click Properties
  • Select the Compatibility tab
  • Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as an administrator
  • Click Apply/OK.

Setting Rocket League to Run as Administrator
  • Navigate to the Steam Library folder
  • Navigate to the path: \steamapps\common\rocketleague\Binaries\Win32
  • Right-click RocketLeague.exe
  • Select Properties
  • Click Compatibility tab
  • Check Run this program as an administrator
  • Click Apply/OK.

Download and Install Microsoft C++ Packages
From the Microsoft website: The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ 2010. Rocket League requires components found within these packages, they can be downloaded here:

Re-register Your Dynamic-link Library Files
From the Microsoft website: Dynamic-link library files have a file extension of .dll. These are collections of routines that are stored until a program uses them. If these files are corrupt or out of date, they can cause problems with your computer. To fix this problem, re-register the .dll files by:

Note: This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Psyonix-Josh
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Re: Game-Start Troubleshooting

Postby hannofo on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:42 pm

Hello,

I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and RL was not able to start because some Visual C++ .dll's were missing. (msvcP120 and msvcR120.) You recommend to reinstall the 2010 versions from the Microsoft page. However, I had to reinstall the 2013 versions.

my system:
iMac 27" late 2014, WIndows 10 on Bootcamp (updated from Win 7), newest GPU drivers for bootcamp, Rocket League 1.07

I also started a maintenance manually in the system config, restarted windows a several times, installed the Fixit5019 thingy, and was running Rocket League and Steam in admin mode, and also in windows 7 compatibility mode. I Also right clicked on the installed dll's and ticked all boxes, but I don't know if that helped. After Installing C++ 2013 I was able to run Rocket League again. :banana:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hannofo
Supersonic

Postby DefenderOfHyrule on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:20 am

So, i have this problem that i can't seem to be able to fix.
Whenever i launch Rocket League on Steam it only shows up as a white screen that crashes all the time.
I would like some help with this, because its my favourite game on steam.

I've tried everything from the troubleshooting forum page, before you ask.

I hope i get some help, Thanks in advance.
DefenderOfHyrule
Supersonic

Steam ID: DefenderOfHyrule
Region: I live in the EU

Postby LFAV on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:20 pm

I bought the game yesterday, I download it but when I try to start the game (desktop and Steam). The game starts procesing a few seconds and It shuts down again. I've just tried all the fixed than Steam and Psyonix advises. (verify information ..., download again, etc..
ANYONE CAN HELP ME!!!??
LFAV
Supersonic

Steam ID: lfav_yt

Postby Dirkened on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 pm

LFAV wrote:I bought the game yesterday, I download it but when I try to start the game (desktop and Steam). The game starts procesing a few seconds and It shuts down again. I've just tried all the fixed than Steam and Psyonix advises. (verify information ..., download again, etc..
ANYONE CAN HELP ME!!!??

Well you posted in the correct thread, let me know everything that you have tried so far and then we can work from there

Also try running dxdiag to diagnose your DirectX build. And on top of that run Event Viewer and look for errors in Windows Logs > Application
Rocket League Fan Ambassador
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Dirkened
Steam ID: Dirkened
GamerTag: Dirkened
Region: NA

Postby LFAV on Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Thanks, I'm downloading the game again if the problem still happening, I will send you the application logs.
LFAV
Supersonic

Steam ID: lfav_yt

Postby Dirkened on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:06 pm

LFAV wrote:Thanks, I'm downloading the game again if the problem still happening, I will send you the application logs.

Thanks!
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby lordbiron on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi, I'm having a problem with the conection to the servers. I set the rocket league.exe and the steam.exe as administration and sometimes the game run normaly, but in most of cases, the program don't connect with the servers. I tryed too open a account as administrator with all the previleges too try play the game and some times work, but again, most of don't work.
Please help me and sorry by the English. :yaypsyonix:
lordbiron
Supersonic

Steam ID: lordbironbr
Region: Brasil

Postby Dirkened on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:16 pm

We had some problems with the servers yesterday so there was a period where no one could connect to the servers.
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby XxEGANBOYZxX on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:46 am

HI!

I HAVE LOVED YOUR GAME EVER SINCE I SAW SOMEONE PLAY IT ON YOUTUBE
HOWEVER I BOUGHT YOUR GAME OF STEAM ON THE

10TH JANUARY 2016

AND SINCE THEN I HAVE INSTALLED IT ABOUT 5 TIMES TRYING TO PLAY IT BUT IT JUST WON'T LET ME. IT EITHER SAYS THE GAME IS ALREADY RUNNING, WHICH IS A LIE 'CAUSE ID BE PLAYING IT, OR IT WOULD SAY OPENING WITH STEAM AND THEN THE BOX WOULD DISAPPEAR AND IT DOESN'T OPEN

I HAVE TRIED ALL THE METHODS YOU HAVE SAID AND ALL THE ONES STEAM HAS SAID TOO. I AM SO SAD BECAUSE YOUR GAME LOOKS LIKE THE BEST GAME POSSIBLE ON STEAM AND IT WON'T WORK

PLEASE HELP ME! :(
XxEGANBOYZxX
Supersonic

Steam ID: XxEGANBOYZxX
Region: United Kingdom

Postby REDLINE_SPARKLES on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:55 pm

I am getting the Missing executable message when trying to open Rocket League. I tried to validate the file and it says I am missing one. It does not tell me what though. I followed all the downloads and instructions on this thread and nothing has helped.
REDLINE_SPARKLES
Supersonic

Steam ID: REDLINE_SPARKLES
Region: United States

Postby Tony23040 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:04 am

Hello there! I bought the game on steam but when I open it only a black screen appears and then throws me the error "Rocket League stopped working" and continues to play me, I bought yesterday and I want to play but whenever I openHe tells me the same thing I can do?

Thank you!!
Tony23040
Supersonic

Steam ID: Tony23040

Postby Dirkened on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:59 pm

REDLINE_SPARKLES wrote:I am getting the Missing executable message when trying to open Rocket League. I tried to validate the file and it says I am missing one. It does not tell me what though. I followed all the downloads and instructions on this thread and nothing has helped.

This usually happens when there is an application that either blocks you downloading the .exe or deletes it once it is detected. Have you added exceptions in your antivirus/antimalware?

Tony23040 wrote:Hello there! I bought the game on steam but when I open it only a black screen appears and then throws me the error "Rocket League stopped working" and continues to play me, I bought yesterday and I want to play but whenever I openHe tells me the same thing I can do?

Thank you!!

Definitely check out the game-start troubleshooting guide above (or here http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/game-st ... eshooting/)
The fixes are pretty general but important for Rocket League's ability to be played on your PC
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby REDLINE_SPARKLES on Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Yes I just gave an exception to Steam in my mcafee. Hopefully I did it right. I checked another game that I know that works and it gave me the same missing file for validation. Do I need to redownload rocket league to see if it worked?
REDLINE_SPARKLES
Supersonic

Postby REDLINE_SPARKLES on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Just deleted all the local files for rocket league. Reinstalled and checked for validation. Same issue. Start the game, same issue. What else can it be?
REDLINE_SPARKLES
Supersonic

Postby Dirkened on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 pm

REDLINE_SPARKLES wrote:Yes I just gave an exception to Steam in my mcafee. Hopefully I did it right. I checked another game that I know that works and it gave me the same missing file for validation. Do I need to redownload rocket league to see if it worked?

Have you tried temporarily disabling McAfee and then verifying the integrity of your game cache on Steam?
Dirkened
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

Postby AbortedNinja on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:27 pm

Where are the help options for PS4 users? All this is for Steam...
AbortedNinja
Supersonic

PSN ID: AbortedNinja
Region: Oceana

Postby Samoon on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble starting the game on windows 10, and I have tried the above advice from Psyonix, I am running Windows 10.

Has there been any other solutions provided yet as I seem to have a problem that isn't fixed by re-downloading, running steam & rocket league as admin, verifying game cache, repairing microsoft c++ (2010 & 2013), fix it tool doesn't work on windows 10. Direct X is up to date.

Thanks
Samoon
Supersonic

Postby pilsburyhomeboy on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:59 pm

I just downloaded the game, been trying numerous things to get it working. I have the "preparing to launch then nothing happens"problem. When i go into the files and try to run rocket league as admin, it says missing faultrep.dll is missing try reinstalling, in which ive done. Please help #gg$20
pilsburyhomeboy
Supersonic

Steam ID: pilsburyhomeboy
Region: us

Postby HamToast on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:27 am

My wife purchased RL on her computer and has not been able to get it to run through Steam. I have helped her follow all the available troubleshooting guides that I have found (including all applicable steps on this post) and nothing has helped.

This is the series of events that we experience when attempting to run the game: Steam opens a window indicating that the game is initializing and the status of the game to the right of the game title in the library list updates to read "running." After a few seconds the list again updates to briefly read "syncing," and then nothing happens.

Please advise, as we are both very frustrated by spending money on a game that she can not play.
HamToast
Supersonic

Next

Return to Help and Support