Auto Save Failure

Where the community helps the community! Post any technical issues you experience here.

Auto Save Failure

Postby Xwaffle on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:41 am

This is a re post I put on the sub reddit. (https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/c ... e_failure/)

So. I've done a lot of research here is my issue. If I have a fresh install of Rocket League, with out having the my Documents/my games/rocketleague config files and what not. I can run Rocket League, but it will not let me save any of my stuff leaving with Auto Save Failure, disable Auto save, or retry blah blah blah.

So I go to rocket league and run as admin. Game doesn't launch, it creates the rocket league folder in my games, and i'm left with(http://gyazo.com/e0ad128aeda7c48cec6ad8e818b8d39f)

I'm also on Windows 10. The game will only launch when I delete my rocket league folder in my games, letting me play, but unable to save my progress.
Xwaffle
Supersonic

Steam ID: Xwaffle000
Region: US

Re: Auto Save Failure

Postby Xwaffle on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:24 pm

What's the ruling on bumping a post?
Xwaffle
Supersonic

Steam ID: Xwaffle000
Region: US

Postby shawntempesta on Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Same here. Steam, Windows 10, auto save doesn't work and I lost the car I configured.
shawntempesta
Supersonic

Steam ID: shawntempesta
Region: Las Vegas, NV, USA

Postby ImRabbitx on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:22 pm

mine won't save either. windows 10 and i played for hours last night. got to level 9 and got knocked all the way back to level 1 and lost all my stuff. hopefully they figure out what's going on soon
ImRabbitx
Supersonic

Steam ID: rogerrabbit18
Region: United States

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Have you guys tried running steam as Administrator?

My guess is your win10 upgrade did something to your permissions for <My Documents>\My Games\Rocket League or one of the folders in that path.
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Postby k04sm02 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:37 am

What about those of us not on Windows 10?
k04sm02
Supersonic

Steam ID: k04sm02

Postby Psyonix-Jerad on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:16 am

You could have the same issue. If the game can't write to that location for some reason, then it can't save.
Got balls?
Psyonix-Jerad
Psyonix Developer
Psyonix Developer

PSN ID: Psyonix-Jerad
Region: US/EU

Postby Topaz on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:39 pm

I have had the game for over a year and have always had windows 10. And today when I launched the game it said that the game wasn't autosaving. It gave me the option of retry (Which didn't work), make new save (Which I don't want to do because I so many items), and disable autosave. I clicked disable autosave and went into setting and clicked the box for enabling autosave and the same message popped up. I then closed the game and ran as administrator and that did nothing. I know there is the option to just make a new save but I don't want to lose all my progress. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Topaz
Supersonic

Steam ID: Topaz
Region: PC

Postby Tentacles on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Did you try disabling the cloud save?
Tentacles
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby JasAce on Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:33 pm

Topaz wrote:I have had the game for over a year and have always had windows 10. And today when I launched the game it said that the game wasn't autosaving. It gave me the option of retry (Which didn't work), make new save (Which I don't want to do because I so many items), and disable autosave. I clicked disable autosave and went into setting and clicked the box for enabling autosave and the same message popped up. I then closed the game and ran as administrator and that did nothing. I know there is the option to just make a new save but I don't want to lose all my progress. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Lemme know if you fix this, I've had it for months and its been nothing but annoying. UNTIL this Autumn update and I unlock 4 or 5 banners as I play then leave the game. Come back 30 mins later and no banners or no toppers I just unlocked earlier. Very very annoying..... I've done all the admin stuff and moved the game from one hard drive to the next. The only major difference that change when this all started was buying a new PC and WINDOWS 10 from Windows 7.

Like I said it was just annoying and I'd have to hit disable autosave every time I played. BUT NOW It's starting to lose items and that's not cool.
JasAce
Supersonic

Steam ID: JasAce

Return to Help and Support