Demoted after a win!?

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

Demoted after a win!?

Postby Pettask on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:04 am

Can someone PLEASE tell me how the heck this is possible? I win a match of solo standard, I get +19(!!)MMR and I get demoted from Diamond 1 div 2 all the way down to Plat 3 div 4!??!???????

Pettask
Supersonic

PSN ID: Pettask
Region: EU
Switch Friend Code: 0

Re: Demoted after a win!?

Postby xkoeckiiej on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

Another person who posts the same stuff without using the search function, google or anything else!
Can you please tell me why you didn’t do that?!
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:13 pm

xkoeckiiej wrote:Another person who posts the same stuff without using the search function, google or anything else!

Because they expect something like this to be pinned, and it's not. #itsthemodsfault
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby Pettask on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 pm

xkoeckiiej wrote:Another person who posts the same stuff without using the search function, google or anything else!

And instead of sending me the right direction, or answering my simple question, you decide to be sarcastic? I got people were toxic in-game, but on forums too? Either you're really young, or you're having a way too good time knowing the answer to my question
Pettask
Supersonic

Postby Pettask on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Ok, so I googled. Still doesn't explain it. I always stay to see if I div'd down or what the other peoples rank were. And even IF I did leave, I still gained 19 MMR the game in the picture, and I know for a fact I didn't lose more than 19MMR the last game
Pettask
Supersonic

Postby N7Mith on Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Yeah, but you don't get promoted between ranks after the first win. Jojoing between divisions is bad enough.

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby Tentacles on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:17 am

Pettask wrote:
Ok, so I googled. Still doesn't explain it. I always stay to see if I div'd down or what the other peoples rank were. And even IF I did leave, I still gained 19 MMR the game in the picture, and I know for a fact I didn't lose more than 19MMR the last game

You don't even know how to use Google. I just feel bad for you at this point.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Steam ID: Tentacles
Region: United States

Postby Galactic Geek on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:52 am

Don't listen to Tentacles - he's the resident black sheep...

It's a bug; you're not actually ranking down, it just LOOKS like you are. If you give it a little bit of time, your stats will actually reflect this.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Pettask on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 am

Tentacles wrote:
Pettask wrote:

You don't even know how to use Google. I just feel bad for you at this point.

Your posts lack sense and structure. Look at your downvotes and reflect for a moment. I know you lack social antennas and social skills, but can't you see a huge red flag when you have that many downvotes? You're clearly a toxic unwanted person in this forum, so I suggest you make a change or get lost. I don't mean to be a copy cat, but I actually do feel sorry for you. I work with disabled people for a living. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not calling you disabled. However from everything i've seen from you, the fact that you've got this bad social skills only leads me to believe you got autism.
I don't mean to "meme-insult" you, i'm writing this to spread awareness, and maybe people can tolerate a bit more from you if they know your situation. Have a nice day.
Pettask
Supersonic

Postby Tentacles on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:51 pm

Pettask wrote:
Your posts lack sense and structure. Look at your downvotes and reflect for a moment. I know you lack social antennas and social skills, but can't you see a huge red flag when you have that many downvotes? You're clearly a toxic unwanted person in this forum, so I suggest you make a change or get lost. I don't mean to be a copy cat, but I actually do feel sorry for you. I work with disabled people for a living. Now don't get me wrong; I'm not calling you disabled. However from everything i've seen from you, the fact that you've got this bad social skills only leads me to believe you got autism.
I don't mean to "meme-insult" you, i'm writing this to spread awareness, and maybe people can tolerate a bit more from you if they know your situation. Have a nice day.

If social skills include babying every person that can't use the internet, sugar coating the truth, and pretending to agree with something because someone "popular" said it, I'm glad I don't have those. Being hive minded is extremely dangerous, that's how you end up with groups like the Nazis. Since Galactic didn't properly explain the bug and you have no idea how technology works I will help you. From the very first Google link, the post says what you saw was a bug you had a DC in a previous round and your newest match was taking that into account.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Postby Lifted on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 am

Tentacles wrote:If social skills include babying every person that can't use the internet, sugar coating the truth, and pretending to agree with something because someone "popular" said it, I'm glad I don't have those. Being hive minded is extremely dangerous, that's how you end up with groups like the Nazis. Since Galactic didn't properly explain the bug and you have no idea how technology works I will help you. From the very first Google link, the post says what you saw was a bug you had a DC in a previous round and your newest match was taking that into account.

That awkward moment when you reply to the person insulting you then provide the most helpful response to that person's problem.

+1

Lifted
Acrobatic

Steam ID: xdrevinci
Region: USW

Postby Tentacles on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:18 pm

^Some times you have to be the bigger person.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:39 am

Tentacles wrote:Some times you have to be the bigger person.

Only sometimes, Tentacles?
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby Tentacles on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:52 pm

Galactic Geek wrote:
Tentacles wrote:Some times you have to be the bigger person.

Only sometimes, Tentacles?

Heh, also true.
Tentacles
Assault-Craft
Assault-Craft

Postby nine_iron on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm

I should have screenshottee it but recently I was promoted after losing.

R
nine_iron
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: nine_iron

Postby Galactic Geek on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:38 am

Wait, you can actually see how much you MMR goes up or down? I've never seen that before!
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Postby xkoeckiiej on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 am

Galactic Geek wrote:Wait, you can actually see how much you MMR goes up or down? I've never seen that before!

Alpha console
don't expect such high numbers though, those are only so high when ur near your placement matches
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej

Return to General Discussion