question about patchnotes

Any and all discussion relating to Rocket League. Post feedback and suggestions here!

question about patchnotes

Postby xkoeckiiej on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:27 am

- bug fixes
--- Competitive Leaver Penalties are no longer applied to players who quit after someone else has already left a competitive match

does this imply that points wont be deducted when you leave after a ragequitter left?
or (what i hope) no ban for those who leave after a ragequitter left?
xkoeckiiej
Missile-Guided
Missile-Guided

PSN ID: xkoeckiiej_nl
Steam ID: xkoeckiiej
Region: EU

Re: question about patchnotes

Postby Kovash on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:18 am

The penalty refers to the ban, which glitched in the last patch. You could receive the 15 minutes ban even when not leaving first.
This should be fixed now, and has nothing to do with the points :)
Kovash
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: Kovash
Region: EU

Postby N7Mith on Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:18 am

It's under bug fixes, and the ban for 2nd and 3rd leavers was a bug. If they'd change the mmr loss it would be under general update.

:::Still mourning the loss of Neo Tokyo:::
N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

PSN ID: N7Mith
GamerTag: Mith0810
Region: EU, USE, ME

Postby E_M_E_T on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm still in favor of removing all point loss as well if you are not the first person to leave. I understand that people leave because they think there's no chance of winning, or because they're just too salty to play at the moment. That doesn't mean their teammates should be forced to share that sentiment. Even if you deserve to lose the game, it doesn't make sense. I've only encountered 2 or 3 cases in almost 2.5 years of Rocket League in which it was physically impossible to win regardless of whether my teammate leaves. I understand that my perspective is in line with other people who are at my specific rank and not necessarily fair to others. Very few people ever actually rage-quit matches at my rank, and when they do it's usually the people who are known for rage quitting. Even though my evidence is skewed, I still feel that people would have more incentive to stay in matches if they knew that they were the only one on the team taking a punishment (as self-absorbed as that sounds, that's the mentality that rage-quitters have).
E_M_E_T
Aerialistic
Aerialistic

PSN ID: merc-835
Steam ID: E_M_E_T
Region: USW... but idrc

Postby NoOne-NBA on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm in favor of punishing the first leavers on an incremental basis, while at the same time allowing anyone not partied with that individual the freedom to leave without any penalty, subsequent to that first quit.

In general, people teaming up with randoms shouldn't be punished by the actions of those randoms.
I would award the winners full points though because it wouldn't be fair to punish them either.

I would put some restrictions on this, like the subsequent players can't leave for 45 seconds after the first player drops, to allow that person at least some time to rejoin the match.
This would all apply only to random teammates though.
Anyone partying with someone who rage-quits, or who has connection problems that make them drop regularly, should lose full points on those quits/drops.
NoOne-NBA

Steam ID: NoOne
Region: USW

Postby Galactic Geek on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:48 pm

I just played through a full solo 3v3 match as a 1v3 match b/c my "teammates" quit out early, and discovered that as the match ended, that nothing happened to my rank - it didn't go up or down. It didn't even show any of the usual info regarding rank below the post-game scoreboard at all! If this means what I think it means, then I'll never have to worry about being punished b/c of rage-quitting teammates in ranked matches ever again! :cheesygrin:
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby N7Mith on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:38 am

Galactic Geek wrote:I just played through a full solo 3v3 match as a 1v3 match b/c my "teammates" quit out early, and discovered that as the match ended, that nothing happened to my rank - it didn't go up or down. It didn't even show any of the usual info regarding rank below the post-game scoreboard at all! If this means what I think it means, then I'll never have to worry about being punished b/c of rage-quitting teammates in ranked matches ever again! :cheesygrin:

"Wow I just bought 1 scratch ticket and won 100 bucks! I never won with these before, so this means that the tickets have been changed! 100 bucks can buy 100 new scratch tickets, so I'm gonna win 10 grand!"

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Postby HAKKO on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm

N7Mith wrote:
Galactic Geek wrote:I just played through a full solo 3v3 match as a 1v3 match b/c my "teammates" quit out early, and discovered that as the match ended, that nothing happened to my rank - it didn't go up or down. It didn't even show any of the usual info regarding rank below the post-game scoreboard at all! If this means what I think it means, then I'll never have to worry about being punished b/c of rage-quitting teammates in ranked matches ever again! :cheesygrin:

"Wow I just bought 1 scratch ticket and won 100 bucks! I never won with these before, so this means that the tickets have been changed! 100 bucks can buy 100 new scratch tickets, so I'm gonna win 10 grand!"

LOL

#researchsamplesize
HAKKO
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

Steam ID: HAKKO
Region: PC, east/west us

Postby Galactic Geek on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Instead of being rude, how about you guys do the polite thing, and actually explain what it means then...

Jerks.
Galactic Geek
Rocket-Powered
Rocket-Powered

GamerTag: Galactic Geek
Region: US

Postby N7Mith on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am

Galactic Geek wrote:Instead of being rude, how about you guys do the polite thing, and actually explain what it means then...

Jerks.

You lose the same mmr as with a normal loss. Sometimes you demote, sometimes you don't.
And apparently there's a bug now that incidentally makes rank invisible after a match (regardless of how the match ended).

N7Mith
Exceptionally Loquacious
Exceptionally Loquacious

Return to General Discussion